Page 1 of 2
Hey guys.

Today I found out that someone I've known since I was about 6 has lung cancer. He's 18. Already he's fought one bout of cancer that's left him wheelchair-bound, and I can't believe it's come back to him again.

I mean, we were never that close, but it makes you feel very mortal.

As if to top it off, my Dad's oldest friend from school has had his last round of chemotherapy, and now has about 8 months left to live.

So yeah, I know I'm on an internet forum, and posting this will have all the effect of pissing into the Atlantic Ocean, but I thought I'd share it anyway.

Thanks,

StrayCatBlues.
Quote by abstract pie
Ahh the pit. Where conversations of Pokemon Cards can turn into ones of wizard homosexuality

You are everything I want...
...'Cause you are...

...Everything I'm not.

Atheism. Is. Not. A. Religion.
Today's saints were yesterday's sellouts
Sorry to hear that.

Maybe a trip to the hugging thread is in order

Edit: sorry didn't know it was closed

i don't know how to do hug smilies so here you go

*Hug*

Hope things brighten up for you
Last edited by Frooshy at Jul 6, 2009,
Sorry brah
"You Laugh at me for Being Different. I laugh at you for all Being the Same."

Girls I want to Intercourse
Jessica Alba
Oprah
Girlicious (each of them)
Betty White
However much sorrow I feel for you, this belongs in a blog.
Quote by leeb rocks
SO I'VE BEEN BALLS DEEP IN MYSELF THIS WHOLE TlME?!?!
Sorry to hear that man, we're here for ya.

Cancer sucks.

I don't know if you believe in God, but I'll pray for your friend.
My step fathers sister died this past weekend. I had seen her about a month earlier and she was perfectly fine. She had caught swine flu from some kids at her school who went on a trip to Mexico. The doctors said it was her bronchitis flaring up but she fell into a coma, got brain damage, and finally died of a brain anneurysm.

What can you do.
Srry about that bro. I know what your feeling my best friend since grd three got lung cancer in grd eight and it was rare and they didn't know how to cure it so hes was sick for two years but some how he got miraculously better.. luckiest guy i know :p
"Remember folks, it's all bull****. It's all bull**** and it's bad for ya." ~ George Carlin.
RIP
"The last real man in showbiz"
Quote by Konkordmusk
However much sorrow I feel for you, this belongs in a blog.

You hop your bitch ass on AIM

And TS, I'm sorry to hear that man, cancer is a rough deal

My things:
Bowes SLx7
Washburn WG587
Washburn X40Pro
Washburn X50
Washburn HM24
Washburn WR150
Laguna LE200s
Arietta Acoustic
First Act
Valveking 112
VHT Deliverance

Quote by StrayCatBlues
So yeah, I know I'm on an internet forum, and posting this will have all the effect of pissing into the Atlantic Ocean, but I thought I'd share it anyway.

This should be the Pit's motto...

And unlucky dude ...

Oh, wait, wrong one.

Sunn O))):
Quote by Doppelgänger
You could always just sleep beside your refrigerator.

Guitar:
- Ibanez S670FM w/ JB
- Fender 'Lite Ash' Stratocaster
- Fender '72 Deluxe Telecaster
- Arbiter LP Jr. Doublecut
Amp:
- Laney VC15

'72 Tele Appreciation Group
RIP DIO
Wow..... really lost for words now.... all i can say is hope he pulls through... best of luck to him...
Would pissing in the Atlantic make you feel better? If so, I can have my car packed up in ten minutes. I already have a tent, sleeping bag, and air mattress in there.
Quote by vintage x metal
I love you =] I can't say I was very fond of you when we first started talking because you trolled the hell out of my threads, but after talking to you here I've grown very attached to you.

Yeah, write to my fanclub about it, honey.
Thanks guys (:

Especially those of you who made me giggle
Quote by abstract pie
Ahh the pit. Where conversations of Pokemon Cards can turn into ones of wizard homosexuality

You are everything I want...
...'Cause you are...

...Everything I'm not.

Atheism. Is. Not. A. Religion.
Today's saints were yesterday's sellouts
Quote by webbtje
And I thought my losing my flat was bad

Hope it ends up OK mate. And here's something to cheer you up, which you may or may not have seen before:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O4p0uw42cdo

If you've lost your flat, I can pick you up on my way to pick up TS. As I mentioned before, I already have the tent and air mattress, so you'll have a place to stay.
Quote by vintage x metal
I love you =] I can't say I was very fond of you when we first started talking because you trolled the hell out of my threads, but after talking to you here I've grown very attached to you.

Yeah, write to my fanclub about it, honey.
Although there isnt much we can do, i know it helps to atleast talk to someone. so im gonna offer some help! I work alot, but i will reply when i get the chance. Feel free to add me on myspace. my myspace is

www.myspace.com/greasysnowball

I check it every night, so feel free to add me and talk. Tell your friend i hope the best for him and not to give up. Quiting is for pansies (so far he has proven he isnt and i want him to keep it up!)!

Michael
Quote by Burtonjp
Im secretly a lesbian female in a male body. The worlds a tough place for me.

Quote by gunther_sucks
I once ran into a mirror that I didn't know was there. I think you could say We were both suprised.
Quote by StrayCatBlues
Hey guys.

Today I found out that someone I've known since I was about 6 has lung cancer. He's 18. Already he's fought one bout of cancer that's left him wheelchair-bound, and I can't believe it's come back to him again.

I mean, we were never that close, but it makes you feel very mortal.

As if to top it off, my Dad's oldest friend from school has had his last round of chemotherapy, and now has about 8 months left to live.

Thanks,

StrayCatBlues.

everything's gonna be alright, bud...
Quote by brandon369852
lolworthy- classicrockboy WIN of thread.
"When the power of love overcomes the love of power, the world will know peace."
~ Jimi Hendrix

UG Backing Track Band
UG Rock Opera
Check out my songs for it

Currently e-single. Hit me up ladies
Quote by Jack Off Jill
If you've lost your flat, I can pick you up on my way to pick up TS. As I mentioned before, I already have the tent and air mattress, so you'll have a place to stay.

Nah, I'm busy shitting on my landlady's doorstep tonight. Unless you want to help? We're putting sprinkles and a flake in the turd.
Quote by sglover34479
It's closed

But i feel sorry bro, best of wished to all of them, I'll pray for them.

Why was it closed???

EDIT: Sorry about what happened man
"Most people are trying to simplify the world. We're definitely here to complicate it." - Dad
Quote by RocksAwakening5
I you for posting this.

<-- Pretty much sums me up

8/7/09

^ I was there
Last edited by kxy1992 at Jul 6, 2009,
TS

Cancer always brings out the sympathy of the Pit. Hope your friend gets better...

(Relatedly, I officially found out yesterday that I know a girl with ass cancer. She gets it off next week.)

[IN PHIL WE TRUST]

Quote by Trowzaa
I only play bots. Bots never abandon me. (´・ω・`)

That sucks man. I've ad a lot of my friends and family die of cancer, it's a terrible thing.
Gear:
Squier Strat
Cordoba 20TM-CE Acoustic Electric Tenor Uke
Bugera V22

I hope he pulls through. Cancer isnt a nice thing to have to deal with.
im praying for him.
My name is Vikki. Use it

We took the last train
Out of the city
To plan our great escape
Quote by SteveHouse
TS

Cancer always brings out the sympathy of the Pit. Hope your friend gets better...

(Relatedly, I officially found out yesterday that I know a girl with ass cancer. She gets it off next week.)

farrah fawcett died of anal cancer. But there's nothing funny about that.....

tehe
Quote by ItsOnlyGNR
farrah fawcett died of anal cancer. But there's nothing funny about that.....

tehe

It's not that. It's just randomly in her butt cheeks somewhere.

[IN PHIL WE TRUST]

Quote by Trowzaa

Quote by SteveHouse
It's not that. It's just randomly in her butt cheeks somewhere.

i just mainly said that cuz i wanted to make a family guy reference (although it was reworded)
<_<

Early-stage butt cheek cancer is still funny.

[IN PHIL WE TRUST]

Quote by Trowzaa

dude, what can is say........cancer is a bitch......i hope everything goes well for him and that he pulls thru...if ur mate has done it once then he can do it again!!! think in the positive and i dont pray myself but i will spare a thought to you and your mate...
Quote by stroker93
That is the best deal I have EVER seen Loooza

^ yes, the best deal he has ever seen came from me!!! (Take it as you want!!! )

I LOVE THE VAMP LESTAT AND GUITARGUY01!!!
Last edited by *Loooza_LotZ!* at Jul 6, 2009,
Oh man, I know what you are going through. My grandma has lung cancer and even though she is a strong woman and has been fighting for two years, I'm afraid this is going to be her last year on this earth. Just last night, my dad gave me a birthday card that she got me with ten dollars in it. Not a lot, but with all the medical bills putting her in debt she still scraped together money to give me for my birthday. She and I are very close, and she is the only one that came to every gig I ever played. I read the card last night and cried for what must have been an hour. it finally hit me that this may be the last card I ever get from her. The card said, "Dear Aaron, With memories of the wonderful grandson you've always been and love for the very special person you've become. Happy Birthday, Love grandpa Jerry and Grandma Ann" I started to cry reading it just now, but I know she lived a good life. I know you probably don't believe in God, and I didn't for a long time, but then he showed me in a similar situation that he can do wonderful things. I hope you feel better and I will keep you and your friend in my prayers.
-Aaron
Gear:
Fender American Strat
Washburn Idol
Pitchblack > Cst OD > M5 > Flashback Tripple Delay > SIZE=1]Whirly Verb
Marshall JCM 2000 DSL100
Marshall 1960AV
Bummer, dude. I had a girlfriend who got ovarian cancer and apparently only had 6 months to live. She pulled through in the end.

Just remember there's always a chance they can get through it, and I sure hope for your sake and the person's family and friends that they do.
Matter is void. All is vanity. All is nothing. Nothing exists.

But damn does whisky rule
That rough man. My roommates younger sister just found out she has leukemia so I know what you're going through.
Fender Hot Rod Deluxe
Gibson Faded V
Warmoth Strat copy
Epiphone Hummingbird (FS!!)
Ibanez SR400QM
Fender BXR100
Reggae Bass Covers mahn!!!

Quote by SteveHouse
<_<

Early-stage butt cheek cancer is still funny.

Well, if its a lump its not always cancer like they diagnose it as. Sometimes they're just your wisdom cheeks growing in.
Gear:
Fender American Strat
Washburn Idol
Pitchblack > Cst OD > M5 > Flashback Tripple Delay > SIZE=1]Whirly Verb
Marshall JCM 2000 DSL100
Marshall 1960AV
Quote by Mr. Kyle
Well, if its a lump its not always cancer like they diagnose it as. Sometimes they're just your wisdom cheeks growing in.

And then you need a colostomy, it's not fun.
I'm sorry, dude.

To make you feel better, there are lots of people suffering worse deaths out there, some people starve today, they live a probably quite ****ty life and die young from starvation.

But yeah, make sure your friend sees the world and visits Oprah before he dies.
DeVillains!
Page 1 of 2