Hi,

I've played guitar for quite a while, but I have no experience in any of the electricals whatsoever >< I'll keep it short:

Last year I bought an 80's strat, with Seymour Duncan Hotrails in the bridge (not a plasticy one apparently, an original) a stacked Seymour Duncan in the middle and a Seymour Duncan 'Little 59' in the neck.

A few days ago, I bought an ESP Ltd EC-100QM, with 4 ESP LH-150 pickups (2 in pairs, like a humbucker without the cover on? I think...). Anyway, I wanna make the new one have some decent treble somewhere but also a nice crunch and some good bass, respectively. What combinations, with all the 7 pickups that I own, would be good?

Sorry about the terrible descriptions and that, I'm new to this and am desperate to learn about pickups to create my own sound or somethin

Anything is greatly appreciated, Cheers
Quote by supertaikyu
Hi,

I've played guitar for quite a while, but I have no experience in any of the electricals whatsoever >< I'll keep it short:

Last year I bought an 80's strat, with Seymour Duncan Hotrails in the bridge (not a plasticy one apparently, an original) a stacked Seymour Duncan in the middle and a Seymour Duncan 'Little 59' in the neck.

A few days ago, I bought an ESP Ltd EC-100QM, with 4 ESP LH-150 pickups (2 in pairs, like a humbucker without the cover on? I think...). Anyway, I wanna make the new one have some decent treble somewhere but also a nice crunch and some good bass, respectively. What combinations, with all the 7 pickups that I own, would be good?

Sorry about the terrible descriptions and that, I'm new to this and am desperate to learn about pickups to create my own sound or somethin

Anything is greatly appreciated, Cheers
You sure? I think the LH-150s are HBs, not paired up single coils...
Meadows
Quote by Jackal58
I release my inner liberal every morning when I take a shit.
Quote by SK8RDUDE411
I wont be like those jerks who dedicate their beliefs to logic and reaosn.
Quote by SomeoneYouKnew
You sure? I think the LH-150s are HBs, not paired up single coils...
Lol, as I say, I don't know >< you obviously know more than me. Any ideas?
They're probably low quality pickups. IMO You have an awesome setup for your strat. I'm pretty sure you can't interchange humbuckers with 2 singles unless you do some really weird modification, but as you said, no wiring experience. If you don't like the sound of either guitar, it might be your amp. If you're content, i highly suggest you keep your strat pickups as they are. I love duncan stacked pickups on strats. They're great.
Jackson RR5 ivory w/ EMG 81/85
Jackson DX6 w/ SD Distortion & Dimarzio Super Distortion
Fender Starcaster Sunburst
Mesa/Boogie DC-3
Johnson JT50 Mirage
Ibanez TS-9
Morley Bad Horsie 2
Boss CE-5

ISP Decimator
Boss DD-6
Korg Pitchblack
I used to have an Ltd EC-100QM and they have 2 uncovered humbuckers in them. Even though it looks like 2 single coils sitting next to each other it's not. You won't be able to use any of your Seymour Duncan pickups in it unless you buy some special pickup mounting rings that you put your single coil size pickups in that will cover up the big holes for the humbuckers.