Would it be a good idea to use the individual pedals for live play instead of using a multi effects processor? If so how would I go about setting this up?

For my amp I'm looking at getting a Peavey Valveking 112 before i mess with any of this.
"My jedi powers are far more superior than yours"
if you have less than 4 or 5 effects, get individual pedals... they sound better and it's not much of a hassle.. especially if you velcro them down to a board with carpet on it and have a multi-power source like a OneSpot.
My Guitars:
Gibson Les Paul Studio
Epiphone AJ
Ibanez Strat Copy

Amps:
Orange Tiny Terror Head
Old beaten up Peavey cab
Marshall MG30DFX
I only need a distortion, MAYBE a wah, delay, and reverb? I think thats all I really need for a live show. Oh and maybe a booster if the distortion doesn't have one on it.

How do you like your Orange Tiny Terror? I was looking at the Dual Terror for a little while..
Quote by RabbidWolf
I only need a distortion, MAYBE a wah, delay, and reverb? I think thats all I really need for a live show. Oh and maybe a booster if the distortion doesn't have one on it.

How do you like your Orange Tiny Terror? I was looking at the Dual Terror for a little while..

I'd definitely go single pedals for that few. You probably won't need a distortion, just an overdrive, which is a booster. Wah's on most multi-fx are sub-par. Multi-fx have pretty good delays and tons of other effects though.
^ Yup the Wah on my BOSS is absolutely terrible.

So you don't think distortion? I like to play metal whenever im not playing classic rock with the band.
Quote by RabbidWolf
^ Yup the Wah on my BOSS is absolutely terrible.

So you don't think distortion? I like to play metal whenever im not playing classic rock with the band.

that's strange, my friend has a gt10 and the wah is actually pretty decent, it handles high gain pretty well when you find the "sweet spots" to move through
Official Aspie member

ANOUNCEMENT: Weird misspellings or words that make no sense? there was a good chance this was sent from my Droid 2 phone.
Quote by SinisterStrieth
.. You are the man.

RIP Dime RIP Michael Jackson
I personally like individual pedals even though it'll generally cost you more. I've owned some multiefects and to be honest all have their ups and downs. Some effects one comapny does well and other effects not so well. By buying your effect individually, you can get the best maker of each effect type and mix & match them better. You can also play with the order of effects in the signal chain which many multi-effects won't let you do. Good quality pedals can be retained and used with what ever amp you upgrade/downgrade to as well.
Moving on.....