Hey UG,

I have been trying to write acoustic stuff in the style of Frusciante (the wailing heroin addict era) I know that alot of the stuff is impro but what type of chords (i no about the way he plays barre chords with is thumb on the top E ,i also do this ) should i use to help my playing and what else should i be doing to help my playing to sound like him?

Thanks UG
My Gig Rig...

Fender Straocaster or Gibson Les Paul Slash Special -->Lovepedal Amp 50 --> Boss DD-3 --> Crybaby(soon to be Wh10 reissue) --> Big Muff PI --> Boss DS-2 --> Marshall JCM 900
HAHAHA, First of all... for inspiration, have you listened to "Niandra Lades and Usually just a T-Shirt" yet? That's got a lot of his heroin-esque songs on it... anyways it's difficult to suggest specific chords, as John uses hundreds of chords... on "N L and U J a T" alone. Just watch the VPRO interviews of him, and listen to some of his albums from 92 till 97ish and you'll get the idea

p.s. In the VPRO interview, while playing Untitled 11 he uses a steel string guitar... with nylon strings on it. You'll be able to hear how wierd his guitar sounds in the interview.
I never have difficulty 'performing' it right away with whistles, hums, 'grunts' and percussion.
Last edited by Ganphra at Jul 6, 2009,
Use whichever chords you like the sound of.
Actually called Mark!

Quote by TNfootballfan62
People with a duck for their avatar always give good advice.

...it's a seagull

Quote by Dave_Mc
i wanna see a clip of a recto buying some groceries.

stuffmycatswatchontv.tumblr.com
Quote by Ganphra
HAHAHA, First of all... for inspiration, have you listened to "Niandra Lades and Usually just a T-Shirt" yet? That's got a lot of his heroin-esque songs on it... anyways it's difficult to suggest specific chords, as John uses hundreds of chords... on "N L and U J a T" alone. Just watch the VPRO interviews of him, and listen to some of his albums from 92 till 97ish and you'll get the idea

p.s. In the VPRO interview, while playing Untitled 11 he uses a steel string guitar... with nylon strings on it. You'll be able to hear how wierd his guitar sounds in the interview.

Yeah i love NL &J A T, thats what i mean by wailing heroin adict
My Gig Rig...

Fender Straocaster or Gibson Les Paul Slash Special -->Lovepedal Amp 50 --> Boss DD-3 --> Crybaby(soon to be Wh10 reissue) --> Big Muff PI --> Boss DS-2 --> Marshall JCM 900