My guitar has a licensed floyd rose on it, and until recently stayed in tune perfectly all the time. now, whenever i use the tremolo bar the low e string drops about 1/8 of a tone, according to my tuner. i know this happens with licensed floyds alot, so i was wondering if that is the problem or if there's anything else i can check.

If so, is there anything i can replace that would fix it? i'm short on money and don't know if an OFR would even fit.

If i would need a new tremolo, then can anyone tell me what i have to measure to find if an OFR would fit my guitar or not?

"The mind is its own place, and in itself

Can make a Heav'n of Hell, a Hell of Heav'n"

- John Milton, Paradise Lost
How often do you change your strings? Old strings will go out of tune more easily.
This can happen to OFR too if not set up properly. Play around with the springs angle. Not just tightness, but the angle also. On most FR type tremolo there should be 5 spacing for springs. Maybe one of your spring need to be set at an angle. Not sure if I'm confusing you.
Are you making sure that all

1. Your machine heads are tuned properly and just right

2. Your bolts on the nut are tightened properly as well

3. The tuners on the tromelo are tuned last.

I dont have one of these myself, so this may be stupid. But all my friends that have one of these have run into this problem at least once or twice, and they always fix it by ethier taking the bolts on the nut off and re-tuning, or changing strings, which requires this anyways.
The bridge is parralell to the body, and the strings are about a month old. but i just discovered the nut wasnt locked properly, thanks for the help though guys (and gals...)

"The mind is its own place, and in itself

Can make a Heav'n of Hell, a Hell of Heav'n"

- John Milton, Paradise Lost
you should check out the floyd thread at the top of the page.
Jenneh

Quote by TNfootballfan62
Jenny needs to sow her wild oats with random Gibsons and Taylors she picks up in bars before she settles down with a PRS.

Set up Questions? ...Q & A Thread

Recognised by the Official EG/GG&A/GB&C WTLT Lists 2011