Just recently got Skylarking...most excellent stuff Superb songwriting, lots of 60's influence but they still make those songs their own. 'Grass' is my favourite

Whats the next album I should get by these dudes?

I used to love Skylarking but I haven't listened to it in ages now. Not sure if I'll like it quite as much as I used to but I'm going to dig it out soon and give it another listen.

The only other album I had by them is English Settlement. It lacks the amazing instrumentation and arrangements of Skylarking and isn't quite as melodic, but I remember it being pretty good too. I'd recommend it but you're probably better listeneing to the advice of someone who has heard more of their material, to be honest. I seem to remember there being a couple of XTC fans in alt/indie, so maybe they can help you.
"Generals And Majors" is one of my favorite songs to whistle.

You should get Black Sea.
There's only one girl in the world for you
and she probably lives in Tahiti.
Skylarking is definitely one of my favorite albums by them. Hmm, oranges & lemons has a few stunning songs.
Kiss with a fist, lovely heterosexuals.
i have a bunch of records by them, but the only one that really clicked with me is Skylarking. such solid pop songs.
Quote by xX*Zeppelin*Xx

I used to love Skylarking but I haven't listened to it in ages now. Not sure if I'll like it quite as much as I used to but I'm going to dig it out soon and give it another listen.

oh man, disregard this. Its even better than I remembered.
Are they the band with that god song that was popular in the 80s?
“Just to sum up: I would do various things very quickly.” - Donald Trump
yes, sir. although that song wasn't ever actually intended to be an album cut.
Ah, I liked that song so i'll have to check out some of their other stuff.
“Just to sum up: I would do various things very quickly.” - Donald Trump
XTC are one of my favourite bands - they are the reason i picked up a guitar in the first place - learning their songs - an interesting place to start, it's almost like starting at the end of a book really, because some of the chords in their songs are crazy.

Any hardcore fans might appreciate this link to a selection of unreleased live recordings and stuff that was uploaded by their former live sound guy about a year ago:

http://www.esnips.com/web/XTC-tracks/

I think all of these recordings are between 1978 and 1980.

Drums 'n' Wires and Black Sea are good guitar-based albums with a lot to learn from imo. If anyone can figure out how to play Roads Girdle the Globe (from Drums 'n' Wires) accurately, i'd like to know
I like analogue Solid State amps that make no effort to be "tube-like", and I'm proud of it...

...A little too proud, to be honest.
Scissor Man has been stuck in my head for like 3 days...

Damn good song.
Quote by emoboy027
Is fingering an emo chick that likes yoy and that has fallen in love with you is it wrong to you to finger her during lunch outside in front of everyone at the high school? would you not care or lol even wish it was you?

Youztoobz
MIDI Magicalness!