so the action on my guitar is a little too high for my liking, can i just lower it from the bridge, or is there more to it? do i have to do anything with intonation?
Obsession! Obsessive! Obsessed! Abscess!
Do a full setup, bridge height, neck relief and nut. Just lowering the bridge may result in fret buzz, but it depends on how much space you have.

Theres plenty of guides online, just take it slow with any truss rod adjustment.
Gibson 58 RI VOS Custombuckers
Mesa Lonestar Special 2x12
You probably wont have to intonate, maybe a bit of neck relief adjustment though.

What's the bridge on the guitar you want to adjust?
If video games make you violent, does monopoly make you a millionaire?
just a tom string through, and i dont want to mess with the truss rod at all.
Quote by Dimefan69
just a tom string through, and i dont want to mess with the truss rod at all.

Then just lower the bridge, but it may cause buzz. Doesnt mean you cant just raise it again .

No reason to be terrified of adjusting your truss rod though, just as long as you take it nice and slow it should be fine
Truss rod adjustment is almost certainly required to get optimal action.

I think.

EDIT: if you really want your action really low, you can take it to a luthier and get a fret dress, which really helps (the frets on my xiphos were terrible & I got lots of localized fret buzz, and this really helped when I wanted to lower my action).
If video games make you violent, does monopoly make you a millionaire?
Last edited by Juadafi at Jul 6, 2009,
Quote by Snapple
Then just lower the bridge, but it may cause buzz. Doesnt mean you cant just raise it again .

No reason to be terrified of adjusting your truss rod though, just as long as you take it nice and slow it should be fine

it already buzzes, im hoping the adjustment will help that too.
Quote by Dimefan69
it already buzzes, im hoping the adjustment will help that too.

Lowering the bridge will only increase the buzzing though
You dont want to get fret buzz, you may have to adjust the truss rod. Like said though, take a truss rod adjustment slow.

If you have a string throgh body then you just have to heighten the strings on the bridge with a screw driver or alan wrench (according to whatever bridge you have.)

Be sure to check your strings at eye level from the side after each string adjustment. You want to be making sure all your strings fall the same place above the pickups.

If your strings arent above the pickups evenly, then certain strings will be louder than others, blah blah blah

Dont go to low, because your sure to encounter fret buzz.