Set Thru is my favourite. It is just personal taste however, each if made well functions as good as any other. For example a bolt on can have equal sustain to a neck thru if it is fitted right.
Last edited by FrogSoup21 at Jul 6, 2009,
In terms of low end production models, neck throughs tend to be the best, then set neck, then bolt on.
Once you get to really high quality stuff though, it's generally considered that bolt on's are the best. But honestly, if you compare the best set neck, neck through, and bolt on, the only real differences are comfort, and bolt-ons are easier to replace.
superman is killing himself tonight
they are all different, but none is really better. also, use the search bar and find the many arguments about this same question.
Quote by AA00P
Listen to the man, he's Jewish.
ohmygodnotanotherthreadlikethispleasegoaway
If video games make you violent, does monopoly make you a millionaire?
Quote by Baby Joel
In terms of low end production models, neck throughs tend to be the best, then set neck, then bolt on.
Once you get to really high quality stuff though, it's generally considered that bolt on's are the best. But honestly, if you compare the best set neck, neck through, and bolt on, the only real differences are comfort, and bolt-ons are easier to replace.

Hm that's weird, why is that?

I prefer either set neck or neck thru. Whichever has the least heel
Fender Hot Rod Deluxe
Gibson Faded V
Warmoth Strat copy
Epiphone Hummingbird (FS!!)
Ibanez SR400QM
Fender BXR100
Reggae Bass Covers mahn!!!

depends on the guitar brand and model.

if you get a low end set neck where the joint is fubar, then it's worse than a bolt on in a similar level. (i think like said)

anyhoo. TS what guitars are you looking at?

^oops yeah reported!
Jenneh

Quote by TNfootballfan62
Jenny needs to sow her wild oats with random Gibsons and Taylors she picks up in bars before she settles down with a PRS.

Set up Questions? ...Q & A Thread

Recognised by the Official EG/GG&A/GB&C WTLT Lists 2011
Quote by stinger12345
Hm that's weird, why is that?

Why is what? That they're all so similar once you get good ones?
The best bolt on will have incredible wood on wood contact (inb4gayjoke). This will create the most sound to pass through.
The best set neck and neck through will have perfectly planed wood, wood that has grains matching, and the perfect amount of glue. When done this way, you can hardly tell the glue is there. Scientifically, there will not be as much sustain in these compared to a bolt on, but the human ear really cannot distinguish.
superman is killing himself tonight
Quote by jj1565
depends on the guitar brand and model.

if you get a low end set neck where the joint is fubar, then it's worse than a bolt on in a similar level. (i think like said)

anyhoo. TS what guitars are you looking at?

^oops yeah reported!

im not sure what low end is. im willing to pay at most 1200 for the guitar.
Quote by Sonic_Brew
im not sure what low end is. im willing to pay at most 1200 for the guitar.

Dollars? Yen? Sterling?
If video games make you violent, does monopoly make you a millionaire?
Everyone says neck through, but it's a matter of opinion.

I actually in ways prefer bolt on, cos you can get some insane fret access with them, and if breakage happens you can easily replace 'em.

But when people say "Neck through is better" they probably mean "Neck through is more expensive".