DOOM AND STONER METAL

Who likes it? What bands are you into, what are you favourite albums of the genre, do you play doom on guitar and if so what are your favourite things to play? Get talking about the evil, stoner-rific side of heavy metal.

I'll start by posting some of my favourite albums:

So yeah, get stoned, discuss the dark side...
Doom sucks. Its just really slow. Wheres all the sweep picking?

p.s. Theres already a giant doom metal only thread, which discusses albums a lot better than the ones youve picked.
Quote by Ultraussie
I want to try that while playing the opening riff to "Tempting Time".

0-0-0-13-0-0-0-0-13 or something like that alalalala but It;s so heavy and off time and awesome and you could not f**k anyone to it.

Quote by Ingested
burzum IS nazi. well, varg is.
I love doom, yet limit myself to way to little bands...

saturnus/daylight dies

for some reason most doom bands don't survive long on my playlists, yet these two allways have all their albums nailed to my 2gb mp3

Stop highlighting my signature!!

</td><h1>yay!</h1>
Wow this really caught on, huh? I kid, I kid. You were the other awesome guy in the Reccomendation Thread who likes Post-Metal...I'm the first awesome guy incase you were wondering.

And I enjoy some doom, but more of the stoner/sludge stuff. Sunn 0))) and The Sword and Sabbath are about as doom as I get. But stoner/sludge is like post-Metal and all that it entails, right?

Then sign me up!
Your mother likes it ruff, Trebeck.
Quote by Stranglehold
Doom sucks. Its just really slow. Wheres all the sweep picking?

p.s. Theres already a giant doom metal only thread, which discusses albums a lot better than the ones youve picked.

Okies, can't say that I can ever be bothered to search.

Plus those albums are all sensational, what the hell?
Quote by you = fail
Wow this really caught on, huh? I kid, I kid. You were the other awesome guy in the Reccomendation Thread who likes Post-Metal...I'm the first awesome guy incase you were wondering.

And I enjoy some doom, but more of the stoner/sludge stuff. Sunn 0))) and The Sword and Sabbath are about as doom as I get. But stoner/sludge is like post-Metal and all that it entails, right?

Then sign me up!

Doom has huge links with the whole sludge and post-metal things yeah.

Basically, if it's slow and crushingly heavy then it probably belongs in that general, red-eyed corner of metal.
Because proper doom metal already has a thread.

Cathedral, Da Wiz, Spirit Caravan, Sleep, etc. are all more appropriate in that thread rather than the doom thread, despite all of them being stoner/doom.
Dyer's Eve is awesome, and has an abnormally large penis, which doesn't act as any hinderance to his everyday life despite its freakishly large size.
For unrivaled obedience, user King_ofKumbucha is awarded this spot of honor.
Take it all to the stoner or doom threads, come on lads.
Quote by Ultraussie
I want to try that while playing the opening riff to "Tempting Time".

0-0-0-13-0-0-0-0-13 or something like that alalalala but It;s so heavy and off time and awesome and you could not f**k anyone to it.

Quote by Ingested
burzum IS nazi. well, varg is.
Preferably to the doom thread.
Dyer's Eve is awesome, and has an abnormally large penis, which doesn't act as any hinderance to his everyday life despite its freakishly large size.
For unrivaled obedience, user King_ofKumbucha is awarded this spot of honor.