Good Afternoon

We are a group of young students from Colombia studying software engineering. We have an assignment of doing a business plan. We chose the following idea:

We want to make a site to help promote independent musicians and bands. We know there are several sites to do that but we think we have a different and refreshing idea so that new musicians could get recognition.

The site will function a little like last fm, musicovery and similar sites, the user can choose from several options like genre, location(of the band), rating, music that your friends like. The system will learn from your preferences and predict music you might like, so you can sit back, relax and let the system make a playlist for you. Bands and musician will have a page where they can promote their band, put news of gigs and similar. Also the musicians or bands can sell their cd’s through the website, the artist will only have to upload their music, covers, and wait for a period of approval. The service will be free of cost, only a small percentage of the sold albums will be charged and the site will make revenue from ads.

We need to do at least 30 surveys to backup the plan and analyze the information, so if you can help us by answering a few questions from a survey please follow this link:

Link to survey

Sorry for the huge wall of text and thank you for your collaboration.
Last edited by colombianprojec at Jul 6, 2009,
just sent in a survey. I think that site is a very cool idea. Kind of blending the musician promotion of sites like LastFM and Purevolume with the Music Genome thing Pandora has going on. Are you guys planning on actually making the site for the project?
Quote by Bluestribute
30 surveys? Or questions?

We need that at least 30 people fill in the surveys.
Quote by bucky844
just sent in a survey. I think that site is a very cool idea. Kind of blending the musician promotion of sites like LastFM and Purevolume with the Music Genome thing Pandora has going on. Are you guys planning on actually making the site for the project?

We are in a early stage of design, but we chose the project because we are really interested, so we might actually do it. Thanks for answering.
Quote by Bluestribute
Very short. VERY short.

is not short. is just the only information that we need to validate the project.

thanks
Quote by colombianprojec
is not short. is just the only information that we need to validate the project.

thanks

no, i hate taking long surveys
Just ten so far. You can do better than that, it's just 8 easy question, it won't even drain 2 minutes of your life
I know colombianproject . . . I was saying that it was short because surveymonkey quizzes are usually long and boring and tedious
done
Forever feels retarded in MT forum

-Equipment-
Squier Champ 15
Squier Bullet Stratocaster
-Shopping list-
Boss DS-1 Distortion Pedal
1 guitar cable for that pedal