okey dokey, title says all really. seems a pretty decent handbuilt cab to me. very well built, good electronics etc., not sure about the speaker power handling but i'll look into that tomorrow. its pretty small for a 115 (24 inch high, 20 inch across and 14 deep) and weighs bugger all anyway my only question as one with little knowledge of amp building is that it seems to have been stuffed with a sort of fluff sort of thing. now im not going to question the build idea of the maker and it sounds good to me (he is very experienced whereas i have little idea about the exact schematics and plans of building a bass cab) . Im sure its a dampener of some sort but just curious as to what its exact purpose is? I'm not gonna ask him as he can be a bit touchy and gets insulted easily etc.

thanks.

4 strings
I think its soundproofing (or dampener), I dont know how stupid this sounds, maybe they use the soundproofing as to force the sound to go to one side only because the sound cant make past the soundproofing?
My Rig:
Yamaha RBX 375 bass
Peavey Millenium BXP bass (won at Summer Slaughter 2010, signed by all the bands)
Eden Nemesis NC410 320w combo amp
Check out Tyrannicide, my death/thrash metal band:
http://www.myspace.com/tyrannicidemetal
Is it a fiber glassy type material. It will stop the wood of the cab from resonating, which might mean the cab isnt very well braced, ie why its so light, i have always gone for better bracing over stuffing cabs. it will also i think have made the whole cab louder while reducing the bass response. If you remove the speaker it probably has a name on the magnet of it.
Yamaha TRB1006
Fender MIA jazz bass
Hora Hybrid double bass
Hartke lh 500
Ev 606L
Epiphone les paul
Quote by fatgoogle
Is it a fiber glassy type material. It will stop the wood of the cab from resonating, which might mean the cab isnt very well braced, ie why its so light, i have always gone for better bracing over stuffing cabs. it will also i think have made the whole cab louder while reducing the bass response. If you remove the speaker it probably has a name on the magnet of it.

i think youve hit it dead on, i have no real urge to use this in the near future as my band are in writing mode atm and their are no gigs in the near future, as such my GK will do for the moment. however probably early next year i will need to start looking into a louder amp and it would be handy to have a cab at the ready would it be worth it to add bracing/reinforcement and how would i go around doing it? or do you reckon that it will suffice in its current state? i.e would it be significantly quieter than a better braced counterpart when pushing say 300 watts? as much as i'd enjoy rebuilding part of this as a work in progress im not sure whether i want to rip its insides out unless i truly need to(will probably change the speaker to a celestion or a fane and will definately add some white tolex). as i general question to all what are peoples opinions in how much i have to lose and gain by removing the inner carbon fibre/fluff and putting in better bracing? and is it worth it?
Stuffing a cab is the subject of much argument amongst speaker nuts. It has two effects; it increases the effective air mass in the cabinet so the speaker behaves as if it is in a much bigger cabinet, it also absorbs the mid and high frequencies and stops them from being reflected off the back of the cab and out through the speaker cone. It is also thought to damp standing waves inside the cab. Subjectively it makes the cab sound cleaner but a bit less lively. In a sealed cab it is sometimes quite helpful but I wouldn't use it in a reflex (ported)cab.

It won't damp panel resonance unless it is very, very heavy and securely fixed to the panel. To damp panel resonances simply screw and glue timber strips onto the panels slightly off centre. I use 2x1" cut to 4/5 of the length of the panels and only brace the bigger panels. You can feel if the panel is resonating by playing music at high volumes and feeling with your fingertips for vibrations. never put the brace halfway across the panel as this simply raises the resonances an octave.