Welllllll folkies, here it is!

First up is the Ibanez LU-20 True Bypass Chromatic Tuner.
-I've taken it out of the signal chain and there is definitely no diffrence in sound. I know some people question the TB claim as it's only $40 and in a 100% metal housing.

Next up is my new Baby... My Bugera 333XL. I took it apart and followed BeerChurch's guide to making sure all the screws were set tight and the tubes were in nice and firm. Then I proceeded to take off the ugly as sin chroma grill-plates. Looks much sexier now! It has the date code of 0811, but the 5-wire plastic clip that has been melting on people is not there, the leads are soldered right to the board.

Last, but not least, is my Peavey 212M Stereo cab. This thing is loaded with the 5150 Sheffield 75watters, so it has a really pronounced rumbling low end when you chug. I LOVE the sound this thing makes with this head... It is aural sex, no doubt.

Thank you all for looking. I hope to record a few sound clips tomorrow for you fine folks...

EDIT: Omg! How did I forget a family picture?!

Last edited by eXperiment63 at Jul 6, 2009,
Happy NGD!
Quote by ZanasCross
I'm now so drunk that even if my mom had given me a blow job at aeg 2, i'd be like I'm a pmp, butches.!

If this even madkes sense... if yhou sig this, Iw ll kill you.
Congrats on the new gear.
I wondered why the frisbee was getting bigger, then it hit me.
YOU HAVE THE SAME 2 GUITARS AS ME

*checks basement*

Oh and HNP/AD
Schecter Gryphon; Ibanez AEG20E
Peavey Rage 158 ; TRAYNOR YCS50
EHX Big Muff Pi; Dunlop CryBaby GCB-95 (modded); MXR M-108 10-band; DigiTech JamMan Looper
New amps are the absolute best!
Congrats!!!
Quote by 311ZOSOVHJH
Riffhog for President

Quote by Cathbard
There's no point apologising for your feet smelling when there's a 300lb gorilla in the room taking a crap on the couch.

Recognised by the Official EG/GG&A Who To Listen To List 2011
I'll have to try that Ibanez tuner. I can't see myself spending over $50 on a tuner anyway.

Happy NGD!

╠═══════╬═══════╣

Solder fume huffer σƒ τλε τρπ βπστλεπλσσδ

╠═══════╬═══════╣

Electronic Audio Experiments
The tuner works really well. For the price, you can't beat it. Once again... Didn't get much playing time on the amp due to a massive headache, but it sounded fantastic.
Where'd you get the tuner, anyways? it's not on MF and I'm too lazy to go a-searching.
EHX Big Muff Pi; Dunlop CryBaby GCB-95 (modded); MXR M-108 10-band; DigiTech JamMan Looper
Quote by eXperiment63
AmericanMusical.com - same place i got my amp and the cables.

Sweet, I was gonna get a Korg Pitchblack for 80 but this is half the price. How many volts does it operate on?
Dam man that is awesome.

What pups does your Schecter have?
Quote by progbass
right Metallica is a given. Personally I like to pretend the bus exploded and killed them all in '86.

GUITAR PEDALS FOR SALE
must have been a very exciting day, congrats
Gear:

Jackson Mark Morton Dominion
Mesa Dual Rect 2 Channel
Marshall JCM900 1960 cab
HNGD!

But as a Kansas I must condemn you for the Lions and Tigers and Bears, oh my! thing. Fackin Wizard of Oz making people think the state is still like that....
Quote by necrosis1193
As usual Natrone's mouth spouts general win.

Quote by Silverstein14
man, Natrone you're some kind of ninja I swear

Quote by gregs1020
plexi

i realize the longshot that is. little giant to humongous one.

Rest In Peace Stevie Ray
Quote by acdclandon
Dam man that is awesome.

What pups does your Schecter have?

Indeed it is. I've had the cab for 2 weeks or so. The pedal got here last week, I was just waiting on the amp head!

It's got the duncan designed. Which are hit or miss, mine are in the hit category me thinks. They have a very nice full sound, not so sterile like some of them.
He wrote a FAQ that I followed to make sure my amp was in standard working order, so yep... Gave him a shoutout.
I'm such a noob at mic'n an amp that I can only record the fizz of the distortion, haha. When I record clean, it comes out great. When I try and record crunch/lead it comes out like ****. What I hear in my ears sonds NOTHING like what I hear on the recording.. When the clean channel records almost exactly how I hear it.

EDIT: The clean test clip is up. Next I'll upload a small sample of me playing part of Wonderful Tonight... Man I'm rusty as hell. I really need to start playing and practicing a lot more, haha.
Last edited by eXperiment63 at Jul 7, 2009,
Your Profile set to Private.

I'm signing out for now but I'll check later.

What kind of Mic and 'interface'/recording software are you using? If it's a camera then yeah it's hard to not distort. Maybe try putting it 6ft away and use audacity or whatever to manage the clipping.
It's public now.

SM57 -> Toneport UX2 -> Reaper

It's not distorting the toneport input. In fact it's peaking at about -8 instead of line-level.

-----------------------

At first I had it close-mic'd couldn't find a good spot. Turned down the gaint o see if that helped... With the gain on practically 0 it was still comin in all fizzy. So I moved it back about 3.5" and it still won't record right. That is where I recorded the clean, where it is now. I'll mess with it some more this week into the weekend until I find the sweet spot.
Last edited by eXperiment63 at Jul 7, 2009,
That Peavey cab looks like tank! Very sturdy construction, reminisent of Vader almost.
MARSHALL JVM 210H
PEAVEY JSX
KRANK 412
MESA 412
FENDER STRATS
DIMARZIO
CELESTION
The amp weights ~50lbs... The cab has to weigh at least ~65lbs. It is built like a tank.
Quote by BD 425
YOU HAVE THE SAME 2 GUITARS AS ME

*checks basement*

Oh and HNP/AD

I have that same ibanez acoustic. hardly play it now that I have my Taylor T5 though. and my Walden acoustic. For the price it was a good work horse for full band gigs and it deffinitely had Ibanez style playability

HNSD, TS!
http://profile.ultimate-guitar.com/eXperiment63/music/all/play651594

That is literally with the gain on the crunch channel at like 2... Not 2 O'clock, 2/10. I'm starting to think now that my guitar has been played through a real amp, maybe the pickups arent from the hit side of hit or miss. ;P

They sound great to my ear, but on the recording they sound garbage... No m,atter what I do. Just really muddy.
Sitting here at work wanting to play my amp I realized something... My amp has a direct line out and my interface has 2 line-ins... I'm a numbnuts. I'll try that tomorrow, see how that sounds to see if its my pups or lack of micing skills.

EDIT: Messed around with line out into guitar rig 3 with a speaker simulation running... I can get a decent enough sound... I'll try and get some clips over the weekend.
Last edited by eXperiment63 at Jul 8, 2009,