I was listening to some Rose Hill Drive and I started wondering if there were any bands similar to them. Modern Hard Rock bands like Rose Hill Drive and the Answer and the Black Crowes. Bands that if you didn't know better, you would think they were from the 70s. I am sure you know what I mean...

I didn't know whether it belonged here or in the Classic Rock forum. Sorry if this is the wrong place.
Ibanez RG270
Switch Wild I
Strat Copy

ProCo Rat Vintage RI
Dunlop Crybaby
Ibanez FZ7 Fuzz
Danelectro DJ-6 Phaser
Last edited by Polystant at Jul 6, 2009,
Airbourne
In speed versus emotional playing, i think of an M16 versus an M24. You can have 650 rounds per minute, or one round, one kill. Both should be in your arsenal.

PSN and XBL: xxWONDERxxBOYxx
Leave a message that you're from UG with your username
Hot Leg... Maybe.
Gear!
Jackson RR3 with EMGs!
B.C. Rich KKV
Yamaha F-310 Acoustic

Digitech Bad Monkey.

Peavey Valveking 112
Strokes is not really what I am looking for, I havent heard Hot Leg yet but I have heard (and liked) a couple Darkness songs. I will check them out. They have a gig in my city in a month anyways. Wolfmother is pretty sweet too. Anything else?
Ibanez RG270
Switch Wild I
Strat Copy

ProCo Rat Vintage RI
Dunlop Crybaby
Ibanez FZ7 Fuzz
Danelectro DJ-6 Phaser
Too Much Too Young Too Fast by Airborne sounds a lot like AC/DC
Gear:
Epiphone G-400 Ebony
Line-6 UberMetal, EchoPark
Boss RC-2 Loop Station
Traynor YCV50Blue, Bass Mate 25, Guitar Mate 15
Yeah I have heard Airbourne and liked them but I kinda frown upon them for ripping off Judas Priest. (Runnin Wild Riff)(and Diamond in the rough is too close too Diamond Rust)

I listened to Hot Leg but they are a little too poppy for me
Ibanez RG270
Switch Wild I
Strat Copy

ProCo Rat Vintage RI
Dunlop Crybaby
Ibanez FZ7 Fuzz
Danelectro DJ-6 Phaser
maybe try Alter Bridge. maybe not mistake them for the 70s, but they do have that influence. I remember watching an interview on youtube with michael anthony where he said that if AB was around in van halen's heyday (my guess is he means early to mid 80s) they would've been huge, and even suggested them to open for VH in 2004 (would've been right after AB formed). give them a listen. blackbird in particular (the whole album and in particular the title track. it's amazing) is worth a listen.
The Zico Chain.
Quote by ErikLensherr
Did you hear about the cockney Godfather?

He made them an offer they couldn't understand.