My price range is in the 1000 range, I prefer simplicity so looks don't matter.

So which Martin will give me the most value (actual solid wood) for the price
hmmmm....
from my experience martins are very dull/deep sounding...
i think you would a much brighter fuller sounding guitar try a taylor.
martins aren't really "bang for the buck" guitars. wouldn't the easiest way to sort this out be to go to a site like musiciansfriend or guitarcenter and look for the martin dread closest to what you have to spend?
Excursion, you could try the C.F. Martin D-15...the exact same thing as my guitar, only in dreadnought shape.
Composer of Scores for Film/Video Games/TV/and More!
Contact me if you have a project that you need music of any style for!
I've checked out the d-15 but the I would prefer a lighter color. What do you guys think of the D-16 and which version is best
"The best" does not exist. Only "the best for you" exists. Trying to buy a guitar that's the "best bang for your buck" is the worst approach to buying a guitar. It's NOT about finding a good value guitar. It's about finding a guitar that suits you, your playing style, and your personality. There is NO substitute for trying out a guitar on your own. If you want to look into a Martin then try everything in your price range. Don't limit yourself by only looking for good value. You'll be cheating yourself out of finding a proper guitar that suits YOU.
Equipment:
- Art & Lutherie Cedar CW (SOLD! )
- Martin D-16RGT w/ LR Baggs M1 Active Soundhole Pickup
- Seagull 25th Anniversary Flame Maple w/ LR Baggs Micro EQ

Have an acoustic guitar? Don't let your guitar dry out! Click here.
Well said Cap.
Quote by necrosis1193
As usual Natrone's mouth spouts general win.

Quote by Silverstein14
man, Natrone you're some kind of ninja I swear

Quote by gregs1020
plexi

i realize the longshot that is. little giant to humongous one.

Rest In Peace Stevie Ray
excellent response!

Quote by captivate
"The best" does not exist. Only "the best for you" exists. Trying to buy a guitar that's the "best bang for your buck" is the worst approach to buying a guitar. It's NOT about finding a good value guitar. It's about finding a guitar that suits you, your playing style, and your personality. There is NO substitute for trying out a guitar on your own. If you want to look into a Martin then try everything in your price range. Don't limit yourself by only looking for good value. You'll be cheating yourself out of finding a proper guitar that suits YOU.
Quote by Excursions707
I've checked out the d-15 but the I would prefer a lighter color. What do you guys think of the D-16 and which version is best

My father has a D-16 and I think it sounds amazing.
The only problem that I find this that it has the Fishman Aura pickup system which drains batteries really, really fast.
Quote by ToffeeandApples
You my friend, put the pwn in pwnt.

Hell Yeah
Quote by captivate

+ 1
Quote by Night
wtf is a selfie? is that like, touching yourself or something?