Page 1 of 2
well i currently got a roland 15x but as i progress i start to notice some songs use effects my amp cannot handle or even use. the roland i got has 4 channels and a clean on.

overdrive
distorted
metal
metal stack

3 equalizer knobs for bass treble and middle
and gain volume knob

i was looking at this marshal 50dfx but ive heard that those break down very easily so idk yet and beringer idk yet. does anyone have an idea of what to get

i play all kinds of music except country and blues (sorry guys who love it)
any kind of rock from 60s acid rock to modern metal like metallica bullet for my valentine
you get the idea lol just rock in general
i wouldnt mind paying a little more than 500 but i need help

also if i should get any pedal or floor thing like the floor pod or ect
still a nub

rig:
Epiphone Les Paul Studio Chameleon(bronze and salmon)
Roland cube 15x

my guitar turns to different colors in the light =)
Last edited by sleepoholic at Jul 6, 2009,
for 500 you could get a B-52 AT112, its 60w and can do rock-modern metal easilybut its too loud for home use.

i would also suggest a Line 6 Flextone and a Vypyr tube 60 if you still want to stick with the amp models
PSN USERNAME: MetuulGuitarist7
STEAM:MetuulGuitarist7
Origin:MetuulGuitarist7
feel free to add me
cause i dont plan on going on a gig anytime soon so just a practice amp at home would be great not saying a 15 watt though cause those barely got any features lol
still a nub

rig:
Roland cube 15x

^Does the at112 have a master volume as well as channel specific volume controls? If so, you can get a good sound at bedroom levels with puttin the master on 3-3.5 and puttin the channels on 0 and slowly turning them until desired volume.
Blackstar ht 5
Traynor YCV 40
Peavey vypyr

EDIT: well if you want features, go for the vypyr, and if you want awesome tone, go for the Blackstar
Last edited by Sguit at Jul 6, 2009,
umm. Well a tube amp will cost more than a solid state, but generally they sound better. But with $500 the only tube amps you can get are like the B-52 At 122, which is really good regardless of price. The peavey windsor is also down there, and same situation of quality. Those both run under $400 new. But for $500 you could get something real good used. For what you play, look at A Peavey Valveking 112(some like, some dont), Mesa F-50/30, Mesa DC-5, Orange tiny terror, vox nightrain, and peavey classic 30/50. Some of these you may only find in your pricerange if you get a good deal, but most are usually within what you put. Also, these come in all shapes and sizes, and many of them are heads. So, be prepared to have to buy a cab. I would suggest the Mesa's the most, because they are the most versatile, and you need versatility with your wide range of music. Good luck tho.
that blackstar ht5 has a premium page on guitar center lol that has to mean its like 1k atleast XD idk but it does look like a smexy head how much is it really? and for features i planned on buying the line 6 floor pod xt live so i was ok with that
still a nub

rig:
Roland cube 15x

Quote by sleepoholic
that blackstar ht5 has a premium page on guitar center lol that has to mean its like 1k atleast XD idk but it does look like a smexy head how much is it really? and for features i planned on buying the line 6 floor pod xt live so i was ok with that

the ht 5 is like 300-400$ I think, I'm not sure, but theyre under 500$ for sure

edit: just checked, it's 300$ for the head only, and 400$ for the stack
Last edited by Sguit at Jul 6, 2009,
If its a practice amp and you play metal, then the blackstar ht5 is best. youll have 200 bucks left over for a cab though. i think Avatar's 1x12 cabs start at 250.
Valveking CLIPS/Gear HERE
ya at first i thought marshalls were the best but really after i read that thing that they breakdown easily i was like oh no =( but thanks for all the amp ideas and the b 52 is at the top of the list atm
still a nub

rig:
Roland cube 15x

Quote by sleepoholic
ya at first i thought marshalls were the best

Actually some marshalls are good, but not the lower end ones, like the mg's, actually, let's put it clea, mg's sucks really bad and wouldn't really be an upgrade from the cube
Quote by sg622
If its a practice amp and you play metal, then the blackstar ht5 is best. youll have 200 bucks left over for a cab though. i think Avatar's 1x12 cabs start at 250.

+1

-Gibson LP VM
-Silvertone Kentucky Blue
-MXR CC Delay
-Ibanez TS-9
-Egnater Rebel 20

My rig is simple
Haha. UG's Chuck just said chuck. haha
You're not truly playing guitar unless you know theory.
So do you want 50+ watts or are you just playing at home practicing?

Here's a marshall that's worth $500. Apparently the seller can't read the front of an amp tho. Confirm its a JCM800 and try it before you buy. The crackly knob thing is very common on 80's marshalls.
http://houston.craigslist.org/msg/1227708969.html

If you are just jamming at home, not able to get loud then this would be much better for your situation.
http://guitars.musiciansfriend.com/product/Blackstar-HT-Series-HT5H-5W-Tube-Guitar-Amp-Head?sku=483560#new
Also comes in a combo, both are $399. (Combo or Head/Cab).
It's actually louder than I'm giving it credit for.
Last edited by gregs1020 at Jul 6, 2009,
get yourself a blackheart handsome devil, a big muff (USA or Russian) or a distortion pedal, a cheap delay pedal (boss dd-3 maybe), and if you can get an overdrive for lead boosts and you have a decent basic setup.

later on, you can sell your blackheart and get something louder but you'll still have your pedals.
Traynor YCV50 Blue
epi les paul w/ SD Alnico II pros
Dunlop Slash Wah
EH Deluxe Memory Boy
Moen Jimi Vibe
Danelectro Cool Cat Fuzz
Zvex Vexter Fuzz Factory
VHT 2x12 w/ V30's
Quote by Sguit
Actually some marshalls are good, but not the lower end ones, like the mg's, actually, let's put it clea, mg's sucks really bad and wouldn't really be an upgrade from the cube

what about dfx models?
still a nub

rig:
Roland cube 15x

but is the b 52 good for at home practice and amazing distortion?
still a nub

rig:
Roland cube 15x

Quote by gregs1020
So do you want 50+ watts or are you just playing at home practicing?

Can you answer me?
I wondered why the frisbee was getting bigger, then it hit me.
Quote by sleepoholic

The Ht5 is $299 -- $399 for the 1x10 combo
Quote by gregs1020
Can you answer me?

sorry i took forever but i just want a good amp to practice at home with
the blackstar looks good but doesnt seem to feature many things and pedals cost like alot lol

50W would seem perfect cause 100W is just too loud for even home usage lol
still a nub

rig:
Roland cube 15x

lol but those are usually the only ones that got a slot for foot pedals is a 30 watt any good like the marshall 30dfx
still a nub

rig:
Roland cube 15x

Quote by WTF!!is a TAB
for 500 you could get a B-52 AT112, its 60w and can do rock-modern metal easilybut its too loud for home use.

i would also suggest a Line 6 Flextone and a Vypyr tube 60 if you still want to stick with the amp models

What do you think the volume knob is for

Don't believe the **** that a tube amp needs to be cranked, they sound perfectly fine at bedroom volumes. I use a 100 watt tube halfstack in my room and have no problems. Sorry WTF, but your wrong in this account TS, I suggest an Ampeg VH140c, 300$ for an amp that does everythinh great, the clean channel is the same as a jc120, dont believe there just for metal
Last edited by SpiritCrusher82 at Jul 7, 2009,
Quote by sleepoholic
lol but those are usually the only ones that got a slot for foot pedals is a 30 watt any good like the marshall 30dfx

Dude, please do not get the 30dfx. IMO, it sounds terrible.
Gear:
Squier Strat
Cordoba 20TM-CE Acoustic Electric Tenor Uke
Bugera V22
Quote by SpiritCrusher82

What do you think the volume knob is for

Don't believe the **** that a tube amp needs to be cranked, they sound perfectly fine at bedroom volumes. I use a 100 watt tube halfstack in my room and have no problems. Sorry WTF, but your wrong in this account TS, I suggest an Ampeg VH140c, 300$ for an amp that does everythinh great, the clean channel is the same as a jc120, dont believe there just for metal

that ampeg looks like its only for metal and maybe clean =/ idk if there is an amp that does all kinds of rock?
still a nub

rig:
Roland cube 15x

what would be a good guitar to buy with astonishing sound cause i had an idea of buying the amp this summer then for mye birthday getting the line 6 floor pod or maybe distortion pedals idk maybe the floor pod

but whats they most beautiful sounding amp or head that is 30 watts or more
still a nub

rig:
Roland cube 15x

Get a Line 6 Flextone III, between 250-350$ used, and they have a ton of effects and pretty good tone. Also, they sound fine at bedroom levels and can go from br00talz to blue soloing to Froosh-esque clean tones.
Seriously, you really don't need all these useless effects. A blackstar ht-5 blows any mg away. In terms of distortion, tone, clean, everything. Don't let the 5 watts turn you away, it'll probably be louder than your roland. If you waste your money on a line 6 pod for a few effects you'll get bored with in a few weeks, you'll waste your money.

Unless your gigging, I don't see why you want 30 watts. I don't think you realize how loud 30 watt tubes amps are. Some musicans gig with 30 watters. Also, if you have a b-52 or a blackstar, you won't need a distortion pedal. The amp distortion will be better than any pedal you can find. You may want an overdrive to tighten the gain though.
Agile AL3000
Douglas WRL90
SX SR1 STD Plus
J&D Strat
Squier Tele
Sammick TR2
Douglas Draco
Peavey JSX
Bugera V5
TWANGED VJ
Superchamp XD, used Classic 30 w/ OD pedal, used 5150 or 6505+, Vox AC4 w/ pedals.
Quote by JoePerry4life
Seriously, you really don't need all these useless effects. A blackstar ht-5 blows any mg away. In terms of distortion, tone, clean, everything. Don't let the 5 watts turn you away, it'll probably be louder than your roland. If you waste your money on a line 6 pod for a few effects you'll get bored with in a few weeks, you'll waste your money.

Unless your gigging, I don't see why you want 30 watts. I don't think you realize how loud 30 watt tubes amps are. Some musicans gig with 30 watters. Also, if you have a b-52 or a blackstar, you won't need a distortion pedal. The amp distortion will be better than any pedal you can find. You may want an overdrive to tighten the gain though.

so lets say it was between the b-52 or the peavey vypyr 60 what would you say?
still a nub

rig:
Roland cube 15x

TS is really starting to sound like a troll.
E-peen:
Rhodes Gemini
Fryette Ultra Lead
Peavey 6505
THD Flexi 50

Gibson R0 Prototype
EBMM JP13 Rosewood
Fender CS Mary Kaye

WTLT

(512) Audio Engineering - Custom Pedal Builds, Mods and Repairs
like a troll?wth lol and what is it about the marshall mgs that suck?i wanted to get a 50watt one at a nearby retailer
still a nub

rig:
Roland cube 15x

Quote by sleepoholic
what would be a good guitar to buy with astonishing sound cause i had an idea of buying the amp this summer then for mye birthday getting the line 6 floor pod or maybe distortion pedals idk maybe the floor pod

but whats they most beautiful sounding amp or head that is 30 watts or more
Post a clip of your playing and then we'll tell you if there's any chance of getting astonishing sound.
lol i mean amp and instead of guitar on that first sentence and i like my guitar its just the amp. i got a friend and he said that marshall 50dfx he got is one of the best ones but i dont wanna get a bugera due to the low quality
still a nub

rig:
Roland cube 15x

lol i mean amp and instead of guitar on that first sentence and i like my guitar its just the amp. i got a friend and he said that marshall 50dfx he got is one of the best ones but i dont wanna get a bugera due to the low quality
still a nub

rig:
Roland cube 15x

Vox VT50 might be a good choice if you want a solid practice amp you could gig with down the road. It's got a built in power attenuator so you can run it at much less then 50 watts when at home.
SLAP energy drinks ftw.
Quote by sleepoholic

Bugera fixed their quality issues. And your friend isn't right. A Bugera will blow a MG out of the water. The whole MG series is just Marshall making a crap amp they don't even care about, putting their logo on it, getting Zakk Wylde to endorse it, then watching the profits roll in. MG's are good beginner amps, but why would ayone buy a higher-wattage one like a 50 or 100 watt????

-Gibson LP VM
-Silvertone Kentucky Blue
-MXR CC Delay
-Ibanez TS-9
-Egnater Rebel 20

My rig is simple
Haha. UG's Chuck just said chuck. haha
You're not truly playing guitar unless you know theory.
Why do you want 50 watts to play at home only? I mean, if you are playing in a band sure I get that. But the SCXD I linked you to earlier for $200 is a great amp for home practice. It's a lot louder than you may think. Have you played one?
I wondered why the frisbee was getting bigger, then it hit me.
Page 1 of 2