Anyone signing up for the King of the Blues contest at Guitar Center? If so, what's gonna be the gear you choose?

I will be using my Squier Strat ( ) and either a Vox AC30 or Fender Twin Reverb '65, no pedals.

Edit: They give you amps to use, a Marshal JVM halfstack, Vox AC30, Fender Twin Reverb '65, and a Mesa 50:5 at my GC.
Last edited by phlip999 at Jul 6, 2009,
I have not heardof this.,
Quote by SlackerBabbath

I also have hairy butt cheeks, I once shaved a letter 'W' on each cheek, so that when I bent over it spelled WoW.

warning, some of the contents of this post may not necessarily be completely true.
Signed up today. I'll be using my Strat (American Deluxe V-neck, Fralin Blues Special pups) and probably the Twin amp. But it wasn't clear to me, do you pick which backing track to play to or do they pick it?
Lol my mom saw it and wanted me to sign up until I told her I don't play blues, and even if I did, I wouldn't be good enough to enter the contest.
E-Married to Eddie4President

ARMENIAN

Quote by VANGELIS!
Ya, my mom walked in on me taking a **** into my coffee mug when I was 23. There was a spider in the bathroom and I was too scared to go in

Quote by angusfan16
I'll join. I have a vagina.
Quote by stratman7
Signed up today. I'll be using my Strat (American Deluxe V-neck, Fralin Blues Special pups) and probably the Twin amp. But it wasn't clear to me, do you pick which backing track to play to or do they pick it?

You pick the backing track, but that's only for the first round. I think that the other rounds you play with a live band.