hi everyone.I've vox ac4tv amp.I wanna buy a revervb pedal but i don't know what to buy.I heard digitech hardwire rv 7 or tech 21 boost rvb are good but i dont know.What are your suggestions ?
The RV-7 is quite good. Also check the Malekko Spring Chicken or a Line 6 Verbzilla.
Quote by DeathByDestroyr
What the hell is a G&L.

Quote by Flux'D
Gay & Lesbian I think, the box smelled funny
Greg what did you send me??

I'm sort of in the market for a decent reverb pedal too, so I'm just going to hang and watch. I tried to try a Holy Grail last weekend, but it wouldn't work. New out of the box in a SamAsh store. Pretty depressing. Twas the holy fail of new pedals imo. Wonder how it sounds when it works.
Quote by gregs1020

I'm sort of in the market for a decent reverb pedal too, so I'm just going to hang and watch. I tried to try a Holy Grail last weekend, but it wouldn't work. New out of the box in a SamAsh store. Pretty depressing. Twas the holy fail of new pedals imo. Wonder how it sounds when it works.

Wow fail! mine did the same thing when I tried it brand new at Long & McQuade!!!
Anyways, I'll lurk too... I'll buy a reverb pedal when my Egnater comes.

-Gibson LP VM
-Silvertone Kentucky Blue
-MXR CC Delay
-Ibanez TS-9
-Egnater Rebel 20

My rig is simple
Haha. UG's Chuck just said chuck. haha
You're not truly playing guitar unless you know theory.
Quote by jc349
Wow fail! mine did the same thing when I tried it brand new at Long & McQuade!!!
Anyways, I'll lurk too... I'll buy a reverb pedal when my Egnater comes.

I'm lurking too!

Reverb pedals rock....
This is funny, we're all regulars lurking. And nobody's posting. I'll check back later, do the usual fake bump, hopefully our sorry asses will get some help.
Quote by Darkflame
my ehx holy grail plus works like a dream

I've heard terrible things about them, but also some great things. Haven't tried one.

I have tried the Line 6 Verbzilla, and that is one I REALLY like. Might get it, but I'm on the edge about it...not sure if I want it, but at the same time I really really want it.
for tech 21 boost rvb i heard its analog.Isn't it great when you compared it with the digitals ?
BOSS and DigiTech make the best in my opinion
Quote by beadhangingOne
Are you talking about those weird sphincter-spasms where it feels like there's a ghost dick in your ass for a little while and then it just disappears?
Quote by Crazed Shredder
BOSS and DigiTech make the best in my opinion

I sincerely hope this is a troll attempt.
Everyone is entitled to an opinion.

Feel free to express yours so I can make an informed judgement about how stupid you are.
don't trust anything that refers to itself as the Holy Grail.
1972 Fender Mustang
2000 Godin SD
Ampeg J20 Jet
Valveking 212
Barber Burn Unit
MXR Smart Gate
BYOC E.S.V. Fuzz
BYOC 10 Band EQ
i have heard lots of complaints about the holy grail... but honestly, it sounds good and i've had mine for a year and it still works like it did the first day i got it, i guess there are lemons
i barely ever step on it though, i don't turn it off except when i turn off the power in my pedalboard
Line 6 Verbzilla is probably your best bet. The Hardwire and Tech 21 are pretty great too.
Board:
Pitchblack - Fulltone Octafuzz - Hardwire OD - Blakemore Effects Deus Ex Machina - MXR Micro Chorus - Diamond Memory Lane Jr - EHX SMMH - Neunaber Wet
Small scale reverbs: Malekko Spring Chicken, T.Rex Tonebug Reverb (heard mixed reviews), EHX Holy Grail Plus
Longer/more features: RV-7, Line 6 Verbzilla, Tech 21,T.C Electronics, Boss RV-3/2
and @ one of the guys above: yeahhh t rex room mate is a fantastic pedal. probably my absolute favourite 'proper' reverb pedal, but it's just so expensive. i think the Tech21 comes pretty close in quality though.

yes i loved the sound of room mate.but its really expensive.also tech 21 is analog right ?doesnt it make huge difference between digital ones ?
The vids on that Spring Chicken are pretty nice.

yes the vids are really great but in germany i searched for it and i couldnt find it i guess i stuck between hardwire rv-7 and tech 21 boost rvb
rv-7 is 129 euro , tech 21 is 166 euro ..
Tech 21.

Better investment.

It may not have all those cool options the RV-7 has but it sounds a zillion times better.

and it supposedly oscillates!
Well I just worked a trade on clist for a tech 21 rvb boost. Basically I'm getting it and $75 for an amp that cost me less than $150. So about $70. Seems like a good deal to me.
Quote by condormitnick
anyone knows how is the t-rex tonebug ?

tonebug?

I use the T-Rex Roommate, and it's awesome. I've had great experiences with my original holy grail, but idk, i guess there are lemons like someone said before.

boss/digitech dude is def a troll.

tech 21 & verbzilla are ok if on a budget... don't care for either one myself.

i have this feeling like i'm forgetting a pedal that's BA and needs to be mentioned... s***! i'll edit if i think of it.
Quote by nightraven
yes the tech21 is an analogue simulation. that's partly why it sounds so warm and organic.

every digital pedal (with the exception of some filters) is a simulation, an algorithym to create a copy of a copy, if you will (EDIT: analogue reverb=copy/emulation of room, digital reverb=emulation of analogue reverb. not a pleasing pattern). not slamming you, because you're right in that it was designed to sound organic, but on the very basic level, that is the observed wavelength sample, you're loosing frequencies on both ends of the spectrum vs true analogue.

that said, i do like it better than any other digital reverb stomp box i've come across.
Last edited by GrisKy at Jul 8, 2009,
Quote by gregs1020
Well I just worked a trade on clist for a tech 21 rvb boost. Basically I'm getting it and $75 for an amp that cost me less than $150. So about $70. Seems like a good deal to me.

Sounds like a good deal to me...

-Gibson LP VM
-Silvertone Kentucky Blue
-MXR CC Delay
-Ibanez TS-9
-Egnater Rebel 20

My rig is simple
Haha. UG's Chuck just said chuck. haha
You're not truly playing guitar unless you know theory.
i think, i and the other "lurkers" gonna buy tech 21 =) i'll mostly play with spring i hope i can catch that sweet tube reverb out of it.
btw. i found danelectro spring king for 75 eur here which is half price when you compared with the others.have you any experience with it ? how it sounds? natural , crap ?
I haven't tried that Dano. It seems to get mixed reviews looking them over at HC. I grabbed a used Tech 21, and am liking it a lot for my needs which do include a little surf.

Edit: Fwiw, I take most reviews with a grain of salt tho. Try it.
I haven't tried that Dano. It seems to get mixed reviews looking them over at HC. I grabbed a used Tech 21, and am liking it a lot for my needs which do include a little surf.

Edit: Fwiw, I take most reviews with a grain of salt tho. Try it.

i wish i had a chance to try it but i dont have
i found danelectro spring king for 75 eur here which is half price when you compared with the others.have you any experience with it ? how it sounds? natural , crap ?

i'm also curious about dan. spring king. how is it ?
Quote by gregs1020

The Ampeg? The second one is now gone?

I am looking into the Spring King too, it looks nice. I want a reverb tank to drop in my Bassman, but I dunno how plausible that is...
Quote by Cathbard
Quote by Raijouta
Unless its electronic drums.

BURN THE WITCH!!!!!
I haven't had any trouble with my Holy Grail. I rarely turn it off though. I didn't know the quality control on those were so bad.
Peavey JSX
Traynor YCV
Fender '68 Bassman
Jetter Gain Stage Red OD
MI Audio Crunch Box
Fulltone Choralflange
Fender Strat
Carvin 7 String
I have actually played the Holy Grail, and I didn't like it very much. It sounds pretty fake.

Oh, and
+1 on the Hardwire

Lots of options. Sounds great, and the little rubber thing is freaking genius