http://www.myspace.com/reykjavikband

just recorded some new tracks on an upcoming ep at escape route studios, uploaded em, just wanted to get opinions/fans
we're a london based band, so any uk ugers give us a message and ill tell you if we're playing near you/any venues near you you reckon we should play

cheers
Rickenbacker 620
ltd mh-1000
Fender jaguar

tu-2>>FZ-2>MXR Flanger>Ph-8>Line 6 FM-4>DD-6

Engl savage Head.
black start artisan 4x12
. . . Ow. What's up with your singer? I mean, really, what's up with him? Can you try maybe a more melodic song . . . also, can you have an intro. It's raining so I had my speakers up full volume to hear. Didn't expect it to be that loud that quickly
try existing moving then
Rickenbacker 620
ltd mh-1000
Fender jaguar

Engl savage Head.
black start artisan 4x12
Quote by alphasignal
try existing moving then

Alright. Way better intro. Not blasting, sounds nice, now to wait for the lyrics, if there are any

Voice is better, but I don't like all those pauses. But that's just me, just one person.
But the chorus is the same . . . it's the singer. Just doesn't sound good when he's like screaming, or trying to, I dunno.
fair enough, ROLL ON MORE OPINIONS
Rickenbacker 620
ltd mh-1000
Fender jaguar

Engl savage Head.
black start artisan 4x12
i definitely agree in terms of the one "the fear that.." being like super sudden and im not feelin it. i do think you can do something like that, but maybe not with full on screaming vocals from the very beginning ... it's good to not sound like every other typical song format where there's an intro.. but there has to be some taste used too.

i don't think the singer is bad. i do think he could tweak some things and it'll make the songs substantially better. like in this other song.. existing/moving.. there are times where he's off key in the screams and the little stops/pauses sound totally unnatural. they can be there, but perhaps perfected ya know? it's hard for me to fully explain without sounding dickish, but i guess in short, it sounds like it was done in one take and you didn't care to go back and retake. overall it's ok though.. i think the songs have potential (i like his cleaner verse vocals).
monoslang.bandcamp.com

reverbnation.com/monoslang
fair enough, but we kinda feel its good for our sound, so it kinda seems like, neither of you don't like screaming full stop? sorry if im getting the wrong end of the stick, but either way
BRING ON MORE MOANS/LIKES
Rickenbacker 620
ltd mh-1000
Fender jaguar

Engl savage Head.
black start artisan 4x12
NakedMan got it. I didn't want to say it, but since he did, it sounds like your singer is singing off-key, mostly during the screams.
we havent noticed anything off key, if we did we would have redone the take, the first is pretty raw but theres no off-key singing to our ears
Rickenbacker 620
ltd mh-1000
Fender jaguar

Engl savage Head.
black start artisan 4x12
Quote by alphasignal
we havent noticed anything off key, if we did we would have redone the take, the first is pretty raw but theres no off-key singing to our ears

Might just be either me or the genre of music
then leave it, dude. you wanted to know what we think. you got it.
monoslang.bandcamp.com

Quote by NakedManInABush
then leave it, dude. you wanted to know what we think. you got it.

its cool dude, calm calm
s'only an opinion
i just feel like the opinions seemed to be more of a sign of just not liking that kinda genre vocally, and a bit odd off key wise since there being 4 other musicians in the room who ould have spot it, or it could just be myspaces lousy compression, its pretty much cut the bass
but either way man, chill
its just music, just trying to get it out there to people who'd like it
Rickenbacker 620
ltd mh-1000
Fender jaguar

Engl savage Head.
black start artisan 4x12
well can i just say this then.. if others, besides the 2 of us, make a point of expressing the "off key" sentiment.. maybe take it into consideration? i'm not trying to coach you or whatever, but try and remember that those who say nothing to critique your work are those that will do the least to help improve it.
monoslang.bandcamp.com

I dunno, I like Indy Cover Your Heart better then the 2 new ones.
I don't think there's really any problem with the vocals you know. Perhaps the vocals in the verses of existing/moving sound "a bit too subtle", in the sense that they sound like they should belong to a much less upbeat song. Again I don't really think the vocals are "off-key" per say, they're just emotional I guess. I can hear bits of deftones and glassjaw in some vocal parts actually. Both bands are very successful and with vocal styles that I have no doubt many would consider "off-key"

So whatever...
moving on from the vocals, which work imo...

I like fresh spin you guys are putting on your music. Its nice to listen to, varying musical textures, etc, but clearly still your own sound. I would definitely be more than happy to see you guys live, maybe you would even make the show for me? I dunno lol

Perhaps there would be somethings I would change in some of your songs, but to be honest that would just be me putting in my own influences and doing things my way, which would no doubt ruin the sound you have. Finally, I much prefer your vocals when you put effort and feeling into them, a la the fear that gives men wings rather than the over all style of existing/moving, it conveys a certain energy that I love to hear in any band. It makes you guys sound more ... real you know? I love the rawness of it all.

not bad at all really!
cheers man, we'replaying in chatham thursday (2moro) tap n tin, and weve got a fair few gigs coming up in london, any places you want us to play round your parts though let us know, we are *****s for shows
Rickenbacker 620
ltd mh-1000
Fender jaguar

Engl savage Head.
black start artisan 4x12