Page 1 of 2
Could I put the input jack where the knobs are like in that pic, and cut off the part that it would usually be in?
Yes.

at the guitar.
it's all just coming back
it's all coming back

it's all coming back to me
Quote by Baby Joel
Yes.

at the guitar.
Agreed.

and AGREED!
Meadows
Quote by Jackal58
I release my inner liberal every morning when I take a shit.
Quote by SK8RDUDE411
I wont be like those jerks who dedicate their beliefs to logic and reaosn.
LMFAO it looks like someone took that guitar, poured acid on it, smacked it into the wall, 4 or 5 times, ripped out the electronics with a weed whacker, pissed on it, threw it out a window, than realized they wanted to play it again.

edit: And apparently, then decided they wanted to cut off the part where the electronics should be
Quote by freddaahh
I just head-desked so hard I went through the floor and came out in Mongolia.
Last edited by sk8erk1d1313 at Jul 6, 2009,
lol reminds me when you cut off something weird and you keep cutting it to make it perfect until it is no more.

and yes
Jackson RR5 ivory w/ EMG 81/85
Jackson DX6 w/ SD Distortion & Dimarzio Super Distortion
Fender Starcaster Sunburst
Mesa/Boogie DC-3
Johnson JT50 Mirage
Ibanez TS-9
Morley Bad Horsie 2
Boss CE-5

ISP Decimator
Boss DD-6
Korg Pitchblack
Quote by sk8erk1d1313
LMFAO it looks like someone took that guitar, poured acid on it, smacked it into the wall, 4 or 5 times, ripped out the electronics with a weed whacker, pissed on it, threw it out a window, than realized they wanted to play it again.

edit: And apparently, then decided they wanted to cut off the part where the electronics should be

I couldnt have said it better myself.
Quote by magnus_maximus
You're whackin' one off in the toilet and you jizz on the counter?

I hope you never get a driving license.

Quote by Albino_Rhino
Dude mangoes are so good. Imagine a blowjob, but instead of the feeling being on your dick, it's on your mouth.
jesus christ man what the hell did that guitar ever do to you?!

yes you can move the input jack over. at this point you dont have much to lose anymore.
Poor, poor guitar.

Can I borrow your chainsaw there's this tree in my yard that died and I want to chop it up for firewood I could use the most of your guitar that you cut off also.
i really REALLY want to put an input jack in the control plate on the back of the guitar. i think it would be awesome.

anyway there's no reason you couldn't put it there. you're going to need one interesting pickguard for that thing, too
wa-wa-wa-wa-wa-wat happened?!?!?!?!?!?!
Quote by Johansensan
sir, i would like to inform you that you are now my favorite UGer. Not only did you use the word y'all, which is native to my homeland, but you correctly punctuated it using the apostrophe.

Christian Guitarists
A Weekly Devotional
Ur gonna cut more of it off?!?! What guitar will tht be? The Re-Puked Puke? Srry man, tht's just crazy.
Gear:
Squier Affinity Series Stratocaster
Epiphone G-400
Line 6 Spider
Dunlop Crybaby Wah
BOSS DD-3

"Wish I Had This" Gear:
Guitars- G&L, Gibson, PRS
Amps- Egnater, Bogner
Effects- Fulltone, JHS, Eventide
Hey TS, I sure hope you have a good sense of humour and can take a joke.
There are a ton of points being scored at your expense.
But you gotta admit, some of this shiz is funny.
Meadows
Quote by Jackal58
I release my inner liberal every morning when I take a shit.
Quote by SK8RDUDE411
I wont be like those jerks who dedicate their beliefs to logic and reaosn.
hey, i personally like that shape, and id suggest trying something like what i have done to my peavy, wire it one volume one tone and use the third pickguard hole for the jack

EDIT: sorry for such a big picture
haha thanks everyone
yeah, I want a really unique design. I think I'm gonna swirl it green and black too
thats defiantly a unique design

You could enlarge one of the holes on a pickguard and put a SG style jack it if you'd like.
Quote by guitarcam123
thats defiantly a unique design

Not really. It looks like the beginnings of a Wangcaster to be honest. Seriously, imagine the pointy bits smoothed out, and bam, Wangcaster with a blue-ish paintjob.
Quote by DeathByDestroyr
What the hell is a G&L.

Quote by Flux'D
Gay & Lesbian I think, the box smelled funny
Greg what did you send me??
Quote by Raijouta
Not really. It looks like the beginnings of a Wangcaster to be honest. Seriously, imagine the pointy bits smoothed out, and bam, Wangcaster with a blue-ish paintjob.

BAM! BLUE BALLS!
Gear:
Squier Affinity Series Stratocaster
Epiphone G-400
Line 6 Spider
Dunlop Crybaby Wah
BOSS DD-3

"Wish I Had This" Gear:
Guitars- G&L, Gibson, PRS
Amps- Egnater, Bogner
Effects- Fulltone, JHS, Eventide
That is, um, well, unique.

And yes, of course you could put the jack there.
Quote by letsgocoyote
No I'm not Jesus. I would aspire to be though. I think under circumstances he would let you pay less if you needed to.
yeah, putting the jack there shouldnt be a problem.

now if you wanted to use the spot where the jack used to be, why not put something like a boost circuit in there? a small circuit could easily fit in there, and you could make a plate that could fit a knob and a switch.
Quote by TexMex
hey, i personally like that shape, and id suggest trying something like what i have done to my peavy, wire it one volume one tone and use the third pickguard hole for the jack

EDIT: sorry for such a big picture

awesome thanks, I'll try that
Quote by TREV47
awesome thanks, I'll try that

Why wold you qoute such a Big picture?
Quote by letsgocoyote
No I'm not Jesus. I would aspire to be though. I think under circumstances he would let you pay less if you needed to.
I see where breaking pickgaurds like EVH and cutting guitars up to look like satan's mandolins. I want in.
EAT YOUR GUITAR GEAR BLOG
Quote by BigDC
how difficult is it to build your own guitar?
Quote by Gibshall
It's hard, annoying, and makes you want to punch a baby.
i kinda like the style of the guitar, i think once its painted it will look good.
If you just keep telling yourself it kinda looks like an old Vox it's almost bareable.

Skeet UK is awesome, he can get WD Music parts discounted.
if you mean my guitar it was a peavey raptor i traded a broken psp for and i had a cracked pickguard that didnt fit on it anyway cause it wasnt a perfect strat, so i just popped the corner on EVH frankenstrat style and left it like that

now it looks like that
but now I need painting ideas
how do you think I should paint it?
solid color, stripes, swirl... whatever you think would look cool
To be honest, not much paint will be showing with what's left of the wood.
it's all just coming back
it's all coming back

it's all coming back to me
i think you went overboard with the sanding, i mean, both of the freaking horns are gone!
Official Aspie member

ANOUNCEMENT: Weird misspellings or words that make no sense? there was a good chance this was sent from my Droid 2 phone.
Quote by SinisterStrieth
.. You are the man.

RIP Dime RIP Michael Jackson
That looks like something painful to play... like it might poke my balls out or something
Kaguya: Ibanez GRX20 - Coil-split handwound Humbuckers
Isabelle: Fender 50's Road Worn Strat signed by AutoVaughn
Selene: Ibanez RG2EX1
Blackstar HT-5
Quote by Lekz
That looks like something painful to play... like it might poke my balls out or something

actually, that bottom contour would fit nicely on a leg.

anyway, i don't about paint. i would probly pick a flashy color because, as someone already pointed out, you won't have that much wood showing unless you use a clear pick guard.
Quote by Johansensan
sir, i would like to inform you that you are now my favorite UGer. Not only did you use the word y'all, which is native to my homeland, but you correctly punctuated it using the apostrophe.

Christian Guitarists
A Weekly Devotional
Quote by bored_maniac33
actually, that bottom contour would fit nicely on a leg.

anyway, i don't about paint. i would probly pick a flashy color because, as someone already pointed out, you won't have that much wood showing unless you use a clear pick guard.

I didn't mean that it wouldn't be comfortable . I meant the raw pointy looks.
Kaguya: Ibanez GRX20 - Coil-split handwound Humbuckers
Isabelle: Fender 50's Road Worn Strat signed by AutoVaughn
Selene: Ibanez RG2EX1
Blackstar HT-5
Page 1 of 2