Ok this sounds really strange, but does anyone else not like wearing a belt while playing the guitar. (By this i mean playing standing up). For some reason i get O.C.D. with not wearing a belt while playing. I just feel like it gets in the way of my guitar. I dont know, im just curious.
Quote by SeamoreButts667
Ok this sounds really strange, but does anyone else not like wearing a belt while playing the guitar. (By this i mean playing standing up). For some reason i get O.C.D. with not wearing a belt while playing. I just feel like it gets in the way of my guitar. I dont know, im just curious.

I have scratches on the backs of all of my guitars because my belt was momentarily exposed
Quote by greenelephants
I have scratches on the backs of all of my guitars because my belt was momentarily exposed

Me too
Quote by MakinLattes
dwelling on past mishaps is for the weak. you must stride into the future, unabashed and prepared to fuck up yet again.
Yeah i dont know, its weird but i dont like baggy clothes so i have to wear stuff that does not sag without a belt lol.
pfft I'm a fat guy, wearing a belt doesn't make a difference because my stomach diverts the belt away from the guitar
#25 for top 100 UGer of 2009
UG's 2nd Funniest UGer and 3rd most likely to be a Serial Killer of 2009, 2nd of 2011
I've never had a problem with it. I mean it's just the back of the guitar so who cares if it gets scratched? And besides, on my guitar there is a plastic plate there so that takes a majority of the abuse.
Michael Kelly Hex Deluxe
Line 6 Uber Metal
Boss SD-1
Marshall MG15DFX

Quote by pwrmax
Kerry King always solos in the key of Satan

Quote by Zach Dunn
just need something meaty like a chubby vagina, yet less bassy and and more trebly.
belts will scratch your guitar.
SCALD
Quote by Phill-Rock
That, or being absolutely broke - though you always find money for cigarettes, then end up even more broke.

so true ^.

Quote by smb
I think it's a type of fish.

PM me for GP5
Quote by reb_49
pfft I'm a fat guy, wearing a belt doesn't make a difference because my stomach diverts the belt away from the guitar

+1

I don't even see the need of belt production after a certain size. If you have a size 50 pair of jeans, chances are they aren't loose on you.
Quote by greenelephants

You often see old guitars (especially Telecasters) with the paint worn off their backs from belt buckles rubbing against them. I think it's a cool touch.
"There he goes. One of God's own prototypes. Some kind of high powered mutant never even considered for mass production. Too weird to live, and too rare to die."-Duke
Quote by Iceman 420
+1

I don't even see the need of belt production after a certain size. If you have a size 50 pair of jeans, chances are they aren't loose on you.

thank god I lost weight since I got a new job last year
#25 for top 100 UGer of 2009
UG's 2nd Funniest UGer and 3rd most likely to be a Serial Killer of 2009, 2nd of 2011
Quote by reb_49

thank god I lost weight since I got a new job last year

I plan to lose weight so my belts can get a chance to breath. Get sum nice buckle rash on my Esquire.

Then I will make a thread complaining about how I lost a ton of weight and it sucks 'cause my old clothes don't fit anymore and being skinny sucks.
I never wear belts anyway, but I REALLY wouldn't play any guitar while wearing one. I care too much about guitars to knowingly ruin the finish.
It does not have anything to do with scratching my guitar. I really dont care if my guitar gets scratched. It just feels odd wearing a belt while playing my guitar. I find my self thinking about the belt constantly while i play for some reason.
I wear a bullet belt.

The back of my Explorer is scratched like a mother****er.
*A list of all my gear*

Varg/J Mascis/GG Allin are all the same person.

There are two types of people in this world: people who like Bolt Thrower, and people who suck.

Death by diamonds and pearls.
I always wear a belt.
I don't need to, but it feels nice having something there.
Sunn O))):
Quote by Doppelgänger
You could always just sleep beside your refrigerator.

Guitar:
- Ibanez S670FM w/ JB
- Fender 'Lite Ash' Stratocaster
- Fender '72 Deluxe Telecaster
- Arbiter LP Jr. Doublecut
Amp:
- Laney VC15

'72 Tele Appreciation Group
RIP DIO
This guy I know has an old SG and the paint on the back is completely chipped away from where his belt buckle rubbed against it.
E-Married to Eddie4President

ARMENIAN

Quote by VANGELIS!
Ya, my mom walked in on me taking a **** into my coffee mug when I was 23. There was a spider in the bathroom and I was too scared to go in

Quote by angusfan16
I'll join. I have a vagina.
I happen to be a black belt in guitar playing.

This is Larry The If you click him, he will give you magic powers.
srsly.

If you are not willing to die for the perfect s'more, Then you don't deserve a s'more at all.