i think the tele neck pickup is a little bit wider than a normal single coil. you may be able to squeeze it in but i can't promise that
Often the neck pickup of a tele is reverse wound to hum cancel when both pickups are on. And some strats the middle pickup is reverse wound. The dimarzio site doesnt mention if its reverse or not. But you could end up with a reverse wound in neck and middle position on a strat.
Tele neck pickups are smaller than standard strat p'ups. I got a fender bullet with tele pickups in and the neck pickup is in a metal mounting ring so that it fits into the strat slot. Google search tele into strat pickup mounting rings.
^That's a humbucker, not a tele bridge pickup.

Anyway, a standard tele bridge pickup is the same size as a traditional strat pickup but the mounting screws are in a different place and there is 3 instead of 2 (I know this because of my aforementioned bullet)'
^He's talking about his Neck pup, see how it's wider than a regular single coil?

@divinorium69- What do you use that pickup for, sitting on your guitar? Do you play guitar like a bass, or is that pup just not screwed in?

TS, No, You cannot put John Petrucci in your neck pickup spot.
..I was watching my death.
Last edited by timbit2006 at Jul 9, 2009,
Quote by timbit2006
^He's talking about his Neck pup, see how it's wider than a regular single coil?

I'm sorry but that's not a tele neck pickup- way to big. It's a tele bridge pickup, you can see from the 3 mounting screws.

Here's some photos of my bullet with a tele neck pickup mounting ring for strat cut outs. TS, I don't know where you can get them though.

Last edited by supergerbil at Jul 9, 2009,
Quote by timbit2006

@divinorium69- What do you use that pickup for, sitting on your guitar? Do you play guitar like a bass, or is that pup just not screwed in?

TS, No, You cannot put John Petrucci in your neck pickup spot.

That pickup is just sitting there it is not screwed in or anything. Just was lying there when i took that picture.

I thought he referred to a bridge tele pickup since the link says bridge king or somthing like that
Quote by divinorum69
That pickup is just sitting there it is not screwed in or anything. Just was lying there when i took that picture.

I thought he referred to a bridge tele pickup since the link says bridge king or somthing like that

I thought that pup was one of those things some basses have, where you put your thumb on it.

It is very easy to get confuzed also, Tele Twang King? That could be either neck, or bridge!
..I was watching my death.
John Petrucci looks like he just canceled somebody Please refer to the Laws of True Metal.

Cancelled
-Cancelled is true. It is done in conjunction with flexing. You can cancel anything that is false.

Rules of administration:
-If you see something false, flex your forearm and proclaim "cancelled."

Examples:
-You come home. Your little brother is blasting rap. You walk in to his room, punch him, flex, then say "cancelled," turn it off, and administer Children of Bodom. If he mouths off to you, proclaim him canceled, flex, and then proceed to beat his ass.

-You see a kid in a Limp Bizkit shirt walking down the street. Flex at said poseur and proclaim "cancelled."

Also.

3) Flexing of the forearm or triceps.

Everything in life can be solved by flexing your right forearm or triceps. Flexing the triceps is penultimate to flexing the forearm. When flexing make the sound "pfffffffffffffffffffff" with a cocky look on your face.

All that=John Petrucci.
Then there's this band called Slice The Cake...

Bunch of faggots putting random riffs together and calling it "progressive" deathcore.
Stupid name.
Probably picked "for teh lulz"

Mod in UG's Official Gain Whores