Page 1 of 2
This has been bothering me for a really long time

Why does McDonald's stop serving breakfast at 10:30?

Honestly, they'd make more money if they just sold it 24-7

I'd stop by and get an Egg McGriddle everyday. That's the only think i like from there, and i can barely ever get it coz by the time i wake up they're done with breakfast.

Makes no sense to me.
I HAVE RETURNED
Twitter
Quote by metalkickTM
migueltherocker: The retarded unicorn-fish of the sea

Quote by ShredHead396

Dude, that was just pure win, i laughed the entire way

first stack ^
10:30? They serve til 11:00 round here.

I wish they'd serve all day. I LOVE their hotcakes.
"On this life that we call home
The years go fast
and the days go so slow...

the days go so slow
."
McDonald's sucks ass, period, but they're breakfast IS the most tolerable meal that they serve.

Your point is valid, TS.
Knowledge speaks, but wisdom listens.

When the power of love overcomes the love of power the world will know peace.

-Jimi Hendrix-

Quote by CodySG
You know you're in the drug thread when you see pictures of squash and "tuna nigga!" when you click the page.
Why should they be cooking their breakfast foods when no one will buy it at 3 PM!?!?! So if they don't have it prepared then, after you order, it'd take a while for them to cook the food you ordered, and you'd complain. If they had their eggs n sausage cooking all day, they'd waste tons of money on old food they have to throw away. Your logic fails because society is normal and doesn't go for a McSkillet burrito at dinnertime.
I've always wondered that too. Breakfast is easily the best meal of the day.
But maybe if they served it all day, we would get sick of it, and it would lose it's ranking to other, lesser meals, such as brunch or lupper.
Quote by Eliyahu
Why should they be cooking their breakfast foods when no one will buy it at 3 PM!?!?! So if they don't have it prepared then, after you order, it'd take a while for them to cook the food you ordered, and you'd complain. If they had their eggs n sausage cooking all day, they'd waste tons of money on old food they have to throw away. Your logic fails because society is normal and doesn't go for a McSkillet burrito at dinnertime.

/thread.

Seriously, this is the exact reason they don't serve it all day.
Quote by MakinLattes
dwelling on past mishaps is for the weak. you must stride into the future, unabashed and prepared to fuck up yet again.
Quote by Eliyahu

long story short, food cost and food waste
#25 for top 100 UGer of 2009
UG's 2nd Funniest UGer and 3rd most likely to be a Serial Killer of 2009, 2nd of 2011
becuse it owuld be to much work to serve the breakfast meals and lunch meals. also they would lose a lot more food and money becuse what hasn't been sold but has been taken out has to be thrown out. they can keep things a lot longer if they don't have to take it out all periods of the day. it's just about money and stock really.

and the french fry vats can't cook hashbrowns at the same time as fries
Quote by iantheman
I laughed at someone for breaking his g-string, and got sigged

Quote by Veil Of Osiris

You just made me spit out my Kool-Aid all over my keyboard.

sorry
Seriously! Who get's hamburgers at 10:30?! They should stop at 11:00 or 11:30
*-)
Quote by Bob_Sacamano
i kinda wish we all had a penis and vagina instead of buttholes

i mean no offense to buttholes and poop or anything

Rest in Peace, Troy Davis and Trayvon Martin and Jordan Davis and Eric Garner and Mike Brown
It's because of the temperature they have to keep their ovens for breakfast food vs. regular food. I saw it on a special once that specifically answered that question. Although I suppose they could just get new ovens, but from a business standpoint that might not be viable, considering just how many McDonald's there are in the world.
Quote by dudetheman
McDonald's sucks ass, period, but they're breakfast IS the most tolerable meal that they serve.

Your point is valid, TS.

They actually have good fries now in my area. Their fries used to be either burnt or rubbery, now for 2 bucks I get a large fry and they make em now bigger and crunchy on the outside and creamy on the inside. Damn good fries.
I've been thinkin then. Why not buy them in bulk, freeze it, and whenever i want ill just thaw it in the microwave...
I HAVE RETURNED
Twitter
Quote by metalkickTM

Quote by ShredHead396

first stack ^
Quote by migueltherocker
I've been thinkin then. Why not buy them in bulk, freeze it, and whenever i want ill just thaw it in the microwave...

because then there will be another thread about people complaining that McDonald's breakfast tasting like a T.V. dinner from hell
UG's 2nd Funniest UGer and 3rd most likely to be a Serial Killer of 2009, 2nd of 2011
Quote by migueltherocker

I'm not understanding your goal here....would you like McDonalds to freeze their food and then get hell for frozen food compared to Wendys fresh never frozen crap? Or are you suggesting there be a line of frozen food in grocery stores for McDonalds? Just get Jimmy Dean stuff, they have good sausage sandwiches and you can get it with egg, sausage/ham/bacon, and/or cheese on a bagel, muffin, or biscuit. Everybody wins.
Last edited by Eliyahu at Jul 6, 2009,
Quote by Eliyahu
I'm not understanding your goal here....would you like McDonalds to freeze their food and then get hell for frozen food compared to Wendys fresh never frozen crap? Or are you suggesting there be a line of frozen food in grocery stores for McDonalds? Just get Jimmy Dean stuff, they have good sausage sandwiches and you can get it with egg, sausage/ham/bacon, and/or cheese on a bagel, muffin, or biscuit. Everybody wins.

No, im saying that this is my new plan:

1. Wake up early for once
2.Go To Mcdonalds
3. Buy around 20 Egg, Sausage, and Cheese McGriddles
4. Eat a few, freeze the rest
5. Whenever i want another one, heat in microwave
6. Eat
I HAVE RETURNED
Twitter
Quote by metalkickTM

Quote by ShredHead396

first stack ^
Quote by migueltherocker

2.Go To Mcdonalds
6. Eat

the buns would get icky..and so would everything else. heating ther food is not advisable. almost no fast food taste good reheated
Quote by iantheman
I laughed at someone for breaking his g-string, and got sigged

Quote by Veil Of Osiris

You just made me spit out my Kool-Aid all over my keyboard.

sorry
God you ruined my hopes for McGriddles at any moment i wanted

In case some of you don't know, a McGriddle is like a sandwhich, but instead of buns, its sortof mini pancakes with syrup INSIDE the pancake.

It's pretty cutting-edge.
I HAVE RETURNED
Twitter
Quote by metalkickTM

Quote by ShredHead396

first stack ^
So, imagine we're in a discussion, one of us has no legs. So someone starts complaining about his pants. The guy with no legs sits there thinking something like this: 'Well, I'm sorry your pants are bad, but...'

My country doesn't have McGriddles. God stole it from us.

If you get that reference, you're too addicted to where it's from.

S t a i r s s r i a t S

Quote by migueltherocker

2.Go To Mcdonalds
6. Eat

Get Jimmy Deans, their meant to be microwaved (but are better in toaster oven) and taste better than McDonalds plus they're probably cheaper.
Quote by Eliyahu
They actually have good fries now in my area. Their fries used to be either burnt or rubbery, now for 2 bucks I get a large fry and they make em now bigger and crunchy on the outside and creamy on the inside. Damn good fries.

It's..always been that way here.
Quote by urbanfox

I think it would be quite a Risk to have Mustaine as president... We all know that Killing Is His Business (And Business Is Good), which would invariably lead to the Countdown to Exctinction... Then again, The World Needs A Hero...

I think they should serve their regular food all day. I'd much rather get a double cheeseburger at 9:30am than any of their breakfast sandwiches.
Quote by Eliyahu
Get Jimmy Deans, their meant to be microwaved (but are better in toaster oven) and taste better than McDonalds plus they're probably cheaper.

I will definitely check this out
But if they dont have ones with pancakes for buns and syrup inside, I'm going ahead with my plan to freeze McDonald's
I HAVE RETURNED
Twitter
Quote by metalkickTM

Quote by ShredHead396

first stack ^
the food there is already cooked from frozen. The reason there isn't breakfast all day is that there is special breakfast equipment for the grill that means there would be no room to cook burgers as well. Not to mention the different dressings and stuff. Gloves and blue aprons need to be worn when cooking breakfast as well. In short it would be a pain in the ass for us staff!
_____
MUSE
Quote by protest000
Quote by gillehy
Anyone agree there or am i on my own?
+
Quote by migueltherocker
I will definitely check this out
But if they dont have ones with pancakes for buns and syrup inside, I'm going ahead with my plan to freeze McDonald's

http://www.jimmydean.com/sitecontent/sandwiches/2007/11/01/griddle-cake-sandwiches-maple-pancakes-amp-sausage.aspx

Hell yes.

EDIT: It doesn't have cheese and egg, but if you really wanted cheese I'm sure you can put a slice on just before its final heating. I dunno about the egg. I personally hate eggs :P.
Last edited by Eliyahu at Jul 6, 2009,
Quote by Eliyahu
http://www.jimmydean.com/sitecontent/sandwiches/2007/11/01/griddle-cake-sandwiches-maple-pancakes-amp-sausage.aspx

Hell yes.

EDIT: It doesn't have cheese and egg, but if you really wanted cheese I'm sure you can put a slice on just before its final heating. I dunno about the egg. I personally hate eggs :P.

Thank you, Eliyahu, for you have made the rest of my life so much happier.
I'm happy to inform you that from now on, every time i have a McGriddle, or a Jimmy Dean Griddle Cake, i will be thinking of you the whole time.
I HAVE RETURNED
Twitter
Quote by metalkickTM

Quote by ShredHead396

first stack ^
Quote by migueltherocker
Thank you, Eliyahu, for you have made the rest of my life so much happier.
I'm happy to inform you that from now on, every time i have a McGriddle, or a Jimmy Dean Griddle Cake, i will be thinking of you the whole time.

Just don't think dirty thoughts about me. I know you want to picture me in a hot juicy sausage sandwich, but you don't wanna go to jail again, do you?
Quote by Våd Hamster
You go to a fast food resturant?

For breakfeast?

What do you eat for breakfast? Reeses?
Quote by gillehy
the food there is already cooked from frozen. The reason there isn't breakfast all day is that there is special breakfast equipment for the grill that means there would be no room to cook burgers as well. Not to mention the different dressings and stuff. Gloves and blue aprons need to be worn when cooking breakfast as well. In short it would be a pain in the ass for us staff!

listen to this man, he works at McDonald's

and I work at Wendy's

FAST FOOD FIGHT!!!
Quote by Våd Hamster
You go to a fast food resturant?

For breakfeast?

Sorry, I'm not a spoiled little brat that gets my mom to cook for me.
I HAVE RETURNED
Twitter
Quote by metalkickTM

Quote by ShredHead396

first stack ^
Last edited by migueltherocker at Jul 6, 2009,
Quote by dudetheman

Your point is valid, TS.

+1
I'd rather starve than eat McDonalds.
Quote by Eliyahu
What do you eat for breakfast? Reeses?

Nope, fresh fruit and müsli actually.

Quote by migueltherocker

You're also too lazy to buy and prepare a real breakfeast, but what's your point?
Last edited by Våd Hamster at Jul 6, 2009,
Don't worry TS, I'll defecate in your mouth any time of the day for free and it will taste better than McDonalds. I'll even put some of that plasticy cheese on it, some green stuff, slap some bread around it and crush it into a small cube shape the same way they do.

Quote by migueltherocker

There are other options asides from fast food and getting mummy and daddy to get you breakfast.
Last edited by Gaz_m2k5 at Jul 6, 2009,
Quote by Våd Hamster
Nope, fresh fruit and müsli actually.

You're also too lazy to buy and prepare a real breakfeast, but what's your point?

I'm 13. The supermarket is too far from my house.

The closest food related place is McDonald's.

So yeah. I am too lazy to walk a few miles, buy groceries, and walk back to my house, carrying these groceries.
I HAVE RETURNED
Twitter
Quote by metalkickTM

Quote by ShredHead396

first stack ^
Quote by migueltherocker

So yeah. I am too lazy to walk a few miles, buy groceries, and walk back to my house, carrying these groceries.

I feel so sorry for you and your tired, tired footie-toodies.
Quote by migueltherocker

Another fine example of how Darwin's theory is not working.

I'm sorry :/
I HAVE RETURNED
Twitter
Quote by metalkickTM

Quote by ShredHead396

first stack ^
Quote by Eliyahu

It's because they know they can't because it's dinner time. I bet you millions of people right now are saying 'god damn I wish I had an egg mcmuffin'.

I am..
Quote by Dog--
It's because they know they can't because it's dinner time. I bet you millions of people right now are saying 'god damn I wish I had an egg mcmuffin'.

I am..

Glad to know im not the only one.
I HAVE RETURNED
Twitter
Quote by metalkickTM

Quote by ShredHead396

first stack ^
Page 1 of 2