Which one of these guitars is the best (Price - Quality)?

I play a little bit of everything from blues to metal.

Epiphone - Les Paul Standard Plus (550$) (341£ (395&euro
Ibanez - S520EX (600$) (372£ (432&euro
Ibanez - S470DXQM (650$) (403£ (468&euro
Gibson - SG Special Faded (700$) (433£ (503&euro
Ibanez - S7320 (700$) (433£ (503&euro
Ibanez - RGT42FX (700$) (433£ (503&euro
Fender - Highway One Stratocaster (700$) (433£ (503&euro
ESP - LTD MH1000D (750$) (465£ (540&euro
Gibson - Les Paul Studio (800$) (496£ (575&euro
ESP - LTD EC-1000 Deluxe (860$) (533£ (619&euro
Personally I would go with the Gibson SG special faded if I had the cash for it, but over all value, go with the epiphone. (Granted I have not played some of the guitars up there, but oout of the ones I have played that is my opinion based on the style of music you play) The fender would also be good, but not as good for metal whereas the Ibanez/ESP will be great for metal, but lacking for blues or cleans. That is why I say go for the Gibson/Eiphones, becuase they will be great for the cleans and bluesy tones, and the humbuckers wll handle the metal tones well also.

PS- The Gibsons/Epiphones are sexy as hell too. (Also check out the Epiphone G-400, another great deal)
Last edited by Ape_Natural at Jul 6, 2009,
I suppose it depends on what you're looking for. I would go for the ESP Eclipse or possible the Ibanez RGT. Go out and play them, then decide.

Hey guys! I just started playing electric guitar should I get a Gabson Lay Pall or a Femdor Startokaster. I like the picks on the gabsons but i like how sweet femdors look. Beforre i get a gabson what company makes them?
The ibanez S470DXQM or one of the esp's if it was me. Gibsons are way overpriced.
Quote by Mad Marius
DBZ guitars, love'em. Especially their Les Piccolo model.
It's in between the MH/EC-1000, the LP Studio, the SG special, and the Highway 1 strat.
Current Gear:
LTD MH-400
PRS SE Custom 24 (Suhr SSH+/SSV)
Ibanez RG3120 Prestige (Dimarzio Titans)
Squier Vintage Modified 70s Jazz V
Audient iD22 interface
Peavey Revalver 4, UAD Friedman BE100/DS40
Adam S3A monitors
Quote by Anonden
You CAN play anything with anything....but some guitars sound right for some things, and not for others. Single coils sound retarded for metal, though those who are apeshit about harpsichord probably beg to differ.
For your versatility, I would get one of the Gibsons, the Fender, or the Epiphone, but try each one and make your decision from that.
Gear:
Ibanez RG3EX1
Squier Strat (Undergoing Black strat relic)
Line 6 Spider III
Sqiuer SP-10

PSN: Thrasher122
Quote by Ape_Natural
Personally I would go with the Gibson SG special faded if I had the cash for it, but over all value, go with the epiphone. (Granted I have not played some of the guitars up there, but oout of the ones I have played that is my opinion based on the style of music you play) The fender would also be good, but not as good for metal whereas the Ibanez/ESP will be great for metal, but lacking for blues or cleans. That is why I say go for the Gibson/Eiphones, becuase they will be great for the cleans and bluesy tones, and the humbuckers wll handle the metal well also.

Jesus people quit genre sticking guitars it gets old. Saying an ibanez cant play cleans.jazz/blues is a downright ignorant statement. Same with a fender cant play metal. It comes down to the amp and the player if you want to genre stereotype. And even then its mainly the player.

That being said the s series ibanez are very nice guitars. The Bridge is somewhat interesting, not your standard tremelo. The LTDs and Epiphones arent bad either, although the epiphone's/gibson pickups along with the ibanez's are lack luster
I traded in my Real Books for Robbins and Cotran Pathology Textbooks
Quote by Ape_Natural
Personally I would go with the Gibson SG special faded if I had the cash for it, but over all value, go with the epiphone. (Granted I have not played some of the guitars up there, but oout of the ones I have played that is my opinion based on the style of music you play) The fender would also be good, but not as good for metal whereas the Ibanez/ESP will be great for metal, but lacking for blues or cleans. That is why I say go for the Gibson/Eiphones, becuase they will be great for the cleans and bluesy tones, and the humbuckers wll handle the metal tones well also.

PS- The Gibsons/Epiphones are sexy as hell too. (Also check out the Epiphone G-400, another great deal)

Dave Murray and Adrian Smith from Iron Maiden have always played stratocasters...
I'd say go with the LTD Eclipse. Built solid, good quality without raping your wallet. I agree with Mexshred, you can use any guitar you want to play whichever genre you want.