looking to buy a good multi effects pedal, (footswitchable) i have been drooling over the boss me-70, but i also realize that there might be a better option. I want quality effects though, so quality over quantity. Is digitech gear any good?

thankyou!
budget?
amp you have?
can you go used?
PSN USERNAME: MetuulGuitarist7
STEAM:MetuulGuitarist7
Origin:MetuulGuitarist7
feel free to add me
The Digitech GNX3000 and GNX 4 are great, though a little unwieldy in a live situation. The GNX3000 has USB functionality.

Line 6 also has some great units, but the cheaper ones sound like poo, IMO.

Why do you need an MFX unit? If it's only for a few effects, you'll get a much better end product by just buying the individual effects.
Nope, no sig here.
Quote by Mutant Corn
The Digitech GNX3000 and GNX 4 are great, though a little unwieldy in a live situation. The GNX3000 has USB functionality.

Line 6 also has some great units, but the cheaper ones sound like poo, IMO.

+1

POD XT and POD x3 series are the only good multi fx ones for line 6 imo. the 2.0 and pocket etc are ehhh
I traded in my Real Books for Robbins and Cotran Pathology Textbooks
I'm leaning towards Boss. I tried Boss Line6 Korg and VOx MFX, and ended up getting the GT8 about 4 years ago. Even now with great guitars, tube amps and a bunch of great analog pedals I still sometimes go to it for a cool or crazy sound effect or if theres some kind of crazy switching thing I need to do for two different sounds which saves me stomping on like 6 pedals. It's easy and convenient and sounds great, but If you really dig in and learn how to use it its a complex with limitless potential.
'08 Gretsch White Falcon
'98 Fender USA Deluxe Tele
'79 Greco Les Paul Standard
Airline Stratotone Crafter GAE8

A bunch of funky pedals

Handwired 50 Watt Plexi Lead Clone w/ Orange 4x12
i want a wide variety of effects, to see what I like most, and i have a fender g dec jr, as well as a crappy tube amp, but i guess that the clean channel is ok. i could go out and get several indy pedals, but it would cost more than a multi effects unit if i want some basic pedals (distortion, delay, flanger, octave)

i would prefer to not go used
Last edited by j-mac71 at Jul 6, 2009,
If you don't give me a budget I'm just going to recommend a TC G System.
My name is Tom, feel free to use it.