Page 1 of 4
Hey guys i am looking for a car at or under $20,000 for my birthday in October i will be 16, my parents agreed on the $20,000 as being a good place to start looking for my first car. Pit do you have any suggestions?

lolz not sure on my grammar
Quote by Lt. Shinysides
i assumed you had just punched the keyboard or something. i had no idea that song actually existed.

Quote by VanCamp
Kurt Cobain. He practically doesn't even have a face anymore. ...
it depends on what you are looking for. New or used? Manual or Automatic? truck or car? etc.
I traded in my Real Books for Robbins and Cotran Pathology Textbooks
buy a bus ticket, theyre awesome, you don't even have to drive so you can like ... sleep while you move ... n stuff

(also prepare to be utterly (possibly understandably) hated by people driving total junk heaps because their parents didnt have $20,000 to give them at 16 ...)
My Musical attempts

My youtube music channel

Quote by TOMMYB22
Dammit, beaten to it, and by someone with the same name

CURSE YOU TOMMYT!!!!!!!!!!!!

Quote by daeqwon10000
I hate tommyt and the high horse which he rides upon
Last edited by tommyt at Jul 6, 2009,
Wow... 20k for your first car. Kinda spoiled aren't you?
I can honestly say I have really been far even as decided to use even go want to do look more like.

I don't always post on UG, but when I do, I post in the Pit. Stay thirsty my friends.
Well i would like something with a V8 like my moms Tahoe and my dads truck, and if it were automatic that would be nice but learning to drive a stick might be fun. Tomm i can't buy a bus ticket i live in a town of 3000 people no public transportatin! Something used preferably as to cut down on the cost.
Quote by Lt. Shinysides
i assumed you had just punched the keyboard or something. i had no idea that song actually existed.

Quote by VanCamp
Quote by favljms
20k for your first car? Kids these days....

Yea.....
Parents these days.....

Quote by mattman93
This, atheists talk about religion more then religious people.

Youtube
$20K is like... $18K more than i had to spend... (even though im in england its still about that)

get a mini cooper ... the newer ones... ive got one now and theyre AWESOME!
Belief is a beautiful armour but makes for the heaviest sword.
damn rich people

:'(
Quote by jrcsgtpeppers

If women can be annoyed there arent any women incongress I should be allowed to be pissed off there are no members of pink floyd or the beatles in congress.
get a used pinto, give me the rest
Quote by soXlittleXtimeX
^
shanchett, you get an E for Effort

Quote by CodChick

ROFLLOBSTER
Quote by MEANDONLYME
Well i would like something with a V8 like my moms Tahoe and my dads truck, and if it were automatic that would be nice but learning to drive a stick might be fun. Tomm i can't buy a bus ticket i live in a town of 3000 people no public transportatin! Something used preferably as to cut down on the cost.

unless you are buying used a v8 car/truck is out of the picture.

It depends on what you like. Personally i like the new/recent altimas that have the CVT transmissions. Efficient engines for their size, fit the power curve perfectly. Always the "perfect" gear ratio, meaning itll be faster and more efficient than a similar power engine. it also takes away from the gearing jerk. lots of other cars have cvts tho. Like the Mitsubishi Lancer. That CVT comes with a paddle shifter option with makes it ride like a manual(kinda).
I traded in my Real Books for Robbins and Cotran Pathology Textbooks
This thread was seriously a bad idea...

I mean, its basically like you titled it "Please come flame me."

Go to cars.com for car info, not the Pit. Most of the Pit can't drive dude...
Quote by jrcsgtpeppers

If women can be annoyed there arent any women incongress I should be allowed to be pissed off there are no members of pink floyd or the beatles in congress.
I was as surprised as you guys my sisters first car was a single cab truck that my dads friend sold to him for $6,000. I asked if i could get a better car now and keep it until i can buy my own instead of getting a good car when i graduate.
Quote by Lt. Shinysides

Quote by VanCamp
Buy a prius for realz.

I mean, atleast the gas mileage is good and it isn't a bad looking car.

Buying gas sucks balls man...Trust me...
Quote by jrcsgtpeppers

My first car was a 1998 Ford Windstar with 265 000 km on it that i paid $600
My second car was a 1996 Chevrolet Cavalier Z22 with 160 000 km that i paid $700
My current car is a 1999 Mercury Cougar with a V6 engine that i paid almost 10 times less than 20k.

that being said... with 20K i'd go for either a brand new Honda Civic or a recent Acura integra or RSX. You could even get a good deal on a Mazda three. But honda and acura are the most reliable cars that will last you long and not cost you too much to maintain.

and..... here's a picture of my current car that i got for about 2 grand :P

-chris-
<DInkyDaisy>I would so have sex with tauket now.
<SpacedOut>I'd kill to have tauket naked in a bath of warm milk right now.
<Blnkgttrst>Oh Chris, you're what the Spaniards call "El Terrible"
<Jallas>chris you're hot in bed
Get a sporty used car with low miles for 10k, then make that thing shine. Turbo,custom paint, exhaust, sound system, body mods. You'll be hype, btw,your spoiled. lol
<3
Tuner i have looked on cars.com at chargers, challengers, and mustangs. I don't care about being flammed lol why not have fun with it?
Quote by Lt. Shinysides

Quote by VanCamp
......................I owe my grandpa like 500 bucks and he wont even let me drive my truck till I pay it. Can I have your parents?
I was in your position a few months ago only im 17 and got a nice used porsche 911 targa for 26K , i'd say get a old used luxury car they are damn nice (BMW or a mercedes)
Gear:
IBANEZ RG2550EX
Orange Rocker 30
Peavey Ultra Plus (lights up)

The crack whore comes free.
Quote by CFH82
Ejaculate in MY moustache?!

Music is just wiggly air. Accept it or leave it.ಠ_ಠ
Quote by MEANDONLYME
Tuner i have looked on cars.com at chargers, challengers, and mustangs. I don't care about being flammed lol why not have fun with it?

Ford and Dodge are crap. They have really high maintenance. Mustangs look sweet as hell, but they get crap for gas and break down a lot.

If you really want that type of muscle car, get a mustang from a couple years ago.

Personally, I'd look into old school muscle cars if i had 20k to spend on a car.

However, I must agree with the guy on page 1. Hondas are pretty much what you want.

They get great gas milage.
They are dependable, don't break down or have major problems.
They are pretty safe too.

Honda/Toyota is probably where you want to look. Honda 3's are really nice too and the same things apply.

Civic, Corrola, or a 3 is where you want to look. I have a Nissan Altima, and I lover her, how she handles and drives, but she has had major brake problems...I got her from my mom when she got a new car. She is a 2002 Altima that I got in 2007....She had 145k miles on her.

I guess I'd reccomend the new Altimas too because they worked out the problems with them I heard...

Hybrids are a great buy too...

Its really up to you dude. Learn from ppl's mistakes. A car that is going to last you a long time and run efficiently is deff the best buy.
Quote by jrcsgtpeppers

Last edited by TunerAddict at Jul 6, 2009,
20 f*cking thousand? buy a good sports car from before 2002.
The arena is empty except for one man,
Still driving and striving as fast as he can.
The sun has gone down and the moon has come up,
And long ago somebody left with the cup,
But he's driving and striving and hugging the turns...
Thanks guys me and my dad are going to several dealerships in a few days in a town close to us ill keep all this in mind.
Quote by Lt. Shinysides

Quote by VanCamp
we need more info. do you want luxury, coupe, sedan, truck, muscle, etc.

my first suggestion is a BMW 330ci. you could get one for far less than $20 000

my second suggestion is a corvette C5.
Last edited by Lt. Shinysides at Jul 7, 2009,

What are you dense?
Are you retarded or something?
Who the hell do you think I am?
I'm the goddamn Batman.

April 19th, 2011: The Night of the Boob

Get a used Audi dude. My mom just got one of the new A6s and it's freaking great.
If you can bear to hear the truth you've spoken
Twisted by knaves to make a trap for fools,
Or watch the things you gave your life to, broken,
And stoop and build 'em up with worn-out tools
20k for a first?
Goddamn, wanna know my spending limit?
Whatever I raise my goddamn self.
Rojam's new and improved band!!!!

Listen a little bit, we DON'T suck!
Quote by shredmeiser101
I tried BAGDAD tuning once, it actually was quite alright.

Quote by Meths
Do you have to actively try to spell words that wrong or does it come naturally to you?

Quote by MedicreDemon
You are very clever.

I invented this literary device I call sarcasm, that was an example of it.

... serously there's a dealer ten minuetes from my house that has one for about 17k.. I want it but... thats about 15.5k more than I have saved up..
You belong in a museum.

Do you Enjoy Forza, and wish to be in an in game Club?! Look no further! Please, join.. there is no one else!
Quote by Rojam
20k for a first?

Ditto, 20 f*cking grand for a first car?!
In order to live, you must be ready to die

R.I.P. DIO

FUCK JUSTIN BIEBER

Quote by Metallica_AC/DC
a mental asylum called Mike

Quote by Masamune
That's cuz you mad...Mike.

Sorry, had to get my corniness out of the way.
Quote by Rojam
20k for a first?

Same here.
TS, welcome to my **** list.
Quote by crazysam23_Atax
"Trans Princess". You're bitching over nothing, and you know it.
Quote by Sinister Waffle

... serously there's a dealer ten minuetes from my house that has one for about 17k.. I want it but... thats about 15.5k more than I have saved up..

that viper has for SURE been in a wreck if it's that cheap. as a rule of thumb, when you see a $90 000 car going for $17k even used, you should be hearing "cheap viper" the same way you'd be hearing "bargain parachute"
So who wants to start an Anti-MEANDONLYME Club?
Quote by crazysam23_Atax
Quote by Assid Rane

no. get out.

i am in TS's sig, therefore he is awesome
Last edited by Lt. Shinysides at Jul 7, 2009,
Quote by Lt. Shinysides
no. get out.

lol I'm totally listening to you
Quote by crazysam23_Atax
$20,000 holy shit... I'm 16 now and I'm not planning on getting my first car for at least 2 more years. And even then, I'm looking at $5000 or less used. Crazy motherfuck.
Quote by Assid Rane

If you don't have anything nice to say, don't say anything at all...
Quote by jrcsgtpeppers

Page 1 of 4