ok pit, I need your help. In a few weeks I'll be going to New Orleans for a lutheran youth gathering, with 20,000 highschoolers from all over the country. Naturally I wanna bring my guitar and jam with my drummer and show off some. Downside is, I live in New York and were taking a plane down and transferring in DC, so there is a huuuge chance of losing it. What do you guys think? worth bringing?
Buy an extra ticket for your guitar. I've heard people from New York are rich enough to do that.
Quote by Chrisiphone
Oh wow this is a guitar forum!
Quote by JacobTheMe

Karvid is sexy

Quote by KAS1981
Why is it that some folks quote praise from other members in their sig lines?
Its lame.
maybe people from NYC are that rich but I'm from the boonies mann im diggin the beads idea my hotel is right by the french quarter
well i heard, theres a house there, im told they call it the rising sun and apparently its been the ruin...
i want carry on but MushroomBomb stole it -.-
I'm going too. I just decided not to take mine. To much of a hassle. I don't wanna transport it and I don't want to worry about it on the trip down.

Edit: P.S. Im staying on Bourbon street (spelling) so i'm bring tons of beads.
-Andrew H
band: syncopated groove punch
Last edited by fagelamusgtr at Jul 6, 2009,
Bring it as your carry-on luggage. Most guitar cases are small enough to pass through as handbaggage. Thus you'll be able to carry it onto the plane and store it on the overhead compartment. Check-in everything else. Thats what i do.
Carry-on or take a cheap one that you won't be that broken up over losing. Though honestly, most luggage that gets lost forever is unclaimed, not mishandled.

[IN PHIL WE TRUST]

Quote by Trowzaa
I only play bots. Bots never abandon me. (´・ω・`)

Guitars don't build levies, sorry.

I would just bring a travel-sized/cheap guitar, or something similarly sized. Don't risk your top gear. Actually, take a mandolin. That would be badass.
I'm not sure about the airline you're travelling on, but I usually take my guitar with me and use those storage thingies above the seats.
No muerde, no calla
Sin sangre no hay arte
Nada ni nadie
De nada más

Last edited by Fat-bastard0603 at Sep 10, 2009,
New Orleans is great man, you'll love it, but if you do bring your guitar just be careful...
While you’re there, pick me up a New Orleans edition of monopoly. I ruined my old one when I was playing with it in the bathtub.

Still don't believe that gypsy who claimed she put a voodoo curse on it.
Last edited by GoldenBlues at Sep 10, 2009,
Go see a Saints game.
Quote by Sonicxlover
Kensai, I think I'll get a flamboyant sig.

Quote by Sonicxlover

Quote by Sonicxlover

Parker Nitefly Mojo sonnn
Jackson DK2M Dinky
Carvin Legacy
Fender Blues Jr.
Roland Cube 30X
Quote by thewho65
Guitars don't build levies, sorry.

I would just bring a travel-sized/cheap guitar, or something similarly sized. Don't risk your top gear. Actually, take a mandolin. That would be badass.

Yeah, if you really want to impress people take a mandolin and play Stonehenge by This Is Spinal Tap.
I'm back. Cower in fear, mortals.

Claudio Sanchez is my hero.
Take a boat with you, it might come in handy.
"Buffalo buffalo Buffalo buffalo buffalo buffalo Buffalo buffalo."
Quote by tuckerbh16
Naturally I wanna bring my guitar and jam with my drummer and show off some.

If you're worried about bringing a guitar, how the hell is you're drummer getting his stuff down there?
Quote by neidnarb11890
If you're worried about bringing a guitar, how the hell is you're drummer getting his stuff down there?

I guessed bongos, which are easy carry-on...

[IN PHIL WE TRUST]

Quote by Trowzaa
I only play bots. Bots never abandon me. (´・ω・`)

Quote by ***elamusgtr
I'm going too. I just decided not to take mine. To much of a hassle. I don't wanna transport it and I don't want to worry about it on the trip down.

Edit: P.S. Im staying on Bourbon street (spelling) so i'm bring tons of beads.

It'll probably be quite "tame" here this part of the year, mate. It's (Bourbon St.) a nice place to visit, but I wouldn't get my hopes up of seeing anything too crazy (besides all the strip-clubs and whatnot...).

Have fun though!
Quote by GoldenBlues
While you’re there, pick me up a New Orleans edition of monopoly. I ruined my old one when I was playing with it in the bathtub.

Still don't believe that gypsy who claimed she put a voodoo curse on it.

Say what now?
Quote by ThinLizzyFan
I love you

Who's in a bunker?
Who's in a bunker?
Women and children first
And the children first
And the children