Would this be a good deal if i traded my mint 1 year old takamine tan15c for a takamine eg10c thats 10 years old with some scratches on the leg rest part and a mint alvarez AJ60SC12. all the guitars being traded include a hardshell case. thank you for the input! Could u also tell me how much each of these guitars go for today?
Well, just based on specs, I'd say keep your Tak because based off of original retail your guitar is worth more. That being said, if you play them both and decide that they're worth it, then go for it.

However, a few things to point out: The EG10C is part of the G Series. Nothing wrong with that, but this IS the discount line. Your guitar has a much, MUCH better preamp. The CTP-1 is Takamine's best preamp.

Its really up to you though.
Quote by necrosis1193
As usual Natrone's mouth spouts general win.

Quote by Silverstein14
man, Natrone you're some kind of ninja I swear

Quote by gregs1020
plexi

i realize the longshot that is. little giant to humongous one.

Rest In Peace Stevie Ray
i'm with Natrone on this. i found the alvarez on ebay new for $599 - it was discontinued as far as i can tell. i can't find the tak anywhere but on craigslist and there it seems to be going for $350. since it's used with some scratches, it will probably have a value of maybe $300 if that.

the tan15c not only has more value, but it is a great guitar and the tube preamp sounds sweet.

Quote by chryee090130
Would this be a good deal if i traded my mint 1 year old takamine tan15c for a takamine eg10c thats 10 years old with some scratches on the leg rest part and a mint alvarez AJ60SC12. all the guitars being traded include a hardshell case. thank you for the input! Could u also tell me how much each of these guitars go for today?
Hey, remember, like I said, play them. There's no point in making a decision without letting your ears help in the process.
Quote by necrosis1193

Quote by Silverstein14

Quote by gregs1020
plexi

Rest In Peace Stevie Ray
ive played them else where, i was jw if u guys thought it was a good deal based on what u guys no abot guitars.
Well in that case....you're trading, Tak to Tak...

A solid cedar top/solid rosewood back/lam rosewood side w/ CTP-1 preamp FOR
A solid cedar top/solid sapele back/sapele side w/ N4B preamp

Clearly (to me at least) the TAN15C is the winner here. I love the sound of rosewood, and the CTP-1 is a fantastic preamp system.

With the 12 string, there's really no comparison. The Alvarez was marketed during it's run as a quality, value-priced 12 string. That it is (according to specs). But I don't think that along with a value priced A/E is worth a Natural Series Takamine.
Quote by necrosis1193

Quote by Silverstein14

Quote by gregs1020
plexi

Rest In Peace Stevie Ray