I'm looking into buying a talkbox, but I'm not sure what to get. Can anyone suggest any good talkboxes that would go between my guitar and amp without need of an external speaker system? Or is the external speaker kind of talkbox recommended?
GEAR:

Schecter V-1 Hellraiser FR
Epiphone Special Model LP
Ruben Flores Classical
Peavey Vypyr 75
Cry Baby Wah
Alright first let me just say it wasn't worth the money for me. I wish i had saved it, or spent it on a more useful effect. That's just my opinion, and you don't have to listen, I just wish someone had told me that before I bought mine. I used it for a week, and then never used it again.

The Rocktron is the best talk box for the money though, and it doesn't involve an external speaker or amp or anything like that.
the banshee 2 is one that doesn't require an external speaker system. try that out.
Gear:
Gibson SG w/ Bare Knuckle Aftermaths
Early 90s Fender MIM Telecaster
Squier VM Jaguar
Ibanez RGD7421
Blackstar HT-100
Avatar Vintage w/ 2 Governors and 2 Swamp Thangs
Ibanez EX
Carvin bx500 w/ Peavey 2x10&1x15
A talkbox works (conventionally) like this: The sound of the guitar is sent through this small tube that comes into your mouth, and this sound is echoed in your mouth and you send it through a mic.

In other words, you need a microphone, a stand for the microphone and a speaker for this microphone. There are other brands of talkboxes where the sound returns to the pedal and is sent out to the guitar amp.
Fender Telecaster Thin Line

(For playing fusion as a solo project)
Ernie Ball VP Jr
Vox Wah
Korg DT-10 Tuner
Ibanez TS9 Tube Screamer
Mxr Phase 90
Electro Harmonix Small Clone
Boss DD6 Digital Delay
dude, even though its a pain in the ass, go for the real deal, i have a dunlop heil talkbox and its absolutely incredible, no regrets
Quote by matt0grizek
dude, even though its a pain in the ass, go for the real deal, i have a dunlop heil talkbox and its absolutely incredible, no regrets

I have it too, and it is a pain, and it's not worth it.