I'm looking to replace both pickups on my telecaster, and i'll try to keep it simple for you guys.

Style: Radiohead, Jeff Buckley, other 90's alternative stuff.

I'm aiming for a more "bell-like" tone in the neck, and a slightly more agressive pickup in the bridge than stock. I dont need a metal pickup or anything, I just would like a little extra bite.

For now, forget about price, within reason. Let me know if you need any other info.
Gibson Les Paul Custom
Fender American Tele

F/S:
Orange Rockerverb 50
Orange PPC412
I'm in the same boat and I think I've finally settled on a Blue Lace Sensor in the neck, and most likely a Red in the bridge. Since you don't need super high gain tones a red would actually work quite well. Apparantly they're super quiet and the reds have quite a bite.
G&L Tribute S-500 -> Ernie Ball VP -> Boss SD-1 -> Fulltone OCD -> Small Stone Phaser -> Danelectro Cool Cat Tremolo -> Boss DD-3 -> Boss RE-20 -> TC Electronic Hall of Reverb -> Boss RC-2 -------> Modded Crate v18 Amp

www.wearewerebear.com
Last edited by Greenwood991 at Jul 6, 2009,
Lace sensor doesn't sell blue lace sensors for telecasters? How would it fit in the neck?
Gibson Les Paul Custom
Fender American Tele

F/S:
Orange Rockerverb 50
Orange PPC412
i have a lindy fralin blues special in the bridge and a Seymour Duncan Sh-1 in the neck pickup of my tele. works great for me
Ha sorry I'm retarded. Lace sells a set of pickups for teles and the neck is based on a blue and the bridge is based on a red. Sorry, forgot about the whole mounting issue.
G&L Tribute S-500 -> Ernie Ball VP -> Boss SD-1 -> Fulltone OCD -> Small Stone Phaser -> Danelectro Cool Cat Tremolo -> Boss DD-3 -> Boss RE-20 -> TC Electronic Hall of Reverb -> Boss RC-2 -------> Modded Crate v18 Amp

www.wearewerebear.com
Quote by Greenwood991
Ha sorry I'm retarded. Lace sells a set of pickups for teles and the neck is based on a blue and the bridge is based on a red. Sorry, forgot about the whole mounting issue.

I saw that, I really hate the look of the bridge pickup. Plus, what's the deal with the AGI logo on it? Is it licensed or something?
Gibson Les Paul Custom
Fender American Tele

F/S:
Orange Rockerverb 50
Orange PPC412
Quote by dcdossett65
I'm looking to replace both pickups on my telecaster, and i'll try to keep it simple for you guys.

Style: Radiohead, Jeff Buckley, other 90's alternative stuff.

I'm aiming for a more "bell-like" tone in the neck, and a slightly more agressive pickup in the bridge than stock. I dont need a metal pickup or anything, I just would like a little extra bite.

For now, forget about price, within reason. Let me know if you need any other info.

I put a P90 Rail in the bridge (tapped for P90/HB) and a mini-humbucker in the neck on my MiM Tele. Worked like a charm for what I was doing (90s alternative/pop-punk)
Quote by dcdossett65
I saw that, I really hate the look of the bridge pickup. Plus, what's the deal with the AGI logo on it? Is it licensed or something?

You're right. That does look really bad.

But for me its not a huge deal breaker. I agree with some of the SD tele sets though. They look quite good as well.

www.wearewerebear.com