I've got an old vox wah enclosure that I want to turn into a volume pedal. I want to know if the shaft that the wah pedal rolls up and down on could be extended, and if there is a specific part that I would use. Thanks.
Traynor YCV40
Modded Gibson SG
Gibson CS-356
1973 Fender Bassman
Fulltone OCD
MXR Carbon Copy Delay
Quote by SRVspeaks
I've got an old vox wah enclosure that I want to turn into a volume pedal. I want to know if the shaft that the wah pedal rolls up and down on could be extended, and if there is a specific part that I would use. Thanks.
do you mean the rack?
Meadows
Quote by Jackal58
I release my inner liberal every morning when I take a shit.
Quote by SK8RDUDE411
I wont be like those jerks who dedicate their beliefs to logic and reaosn.
Exactly.
Traynor YCV40
Modded Gibson SG
Gibson CS-356
1973 Fender Bassman
Fulltone OCD
MXR Carbon Copy Delay
I don't mess with wah, so I don't really know. But I would imagine you might be able to order a longer rack. Maybe check in the Wah modding thread or pedal building thread for parts vendors?

I'm guessing since you want to convert this to a volume pedal, you want full 270 rotation but the gearing only give you about 180. If you can't find a longer rack, you might be able to find a pot that goes through its full range in 180. They aren't common, but they do exist.
Meadows
Quote by Jackal58
I release my inner liberal every morning when I take a shit.
Quote by SK8RDUDE411
I wont be like those jerks who dedicate their beliefs to logic and reaosn.
Quote by SomeoneYouKnew
I don't mess with wah, so I don't really know. But I would imagine you might be able to order a longer rack. Maybe check in the Wah modding thread or pedal building thread for parts vendors?

I'm guessing since you want to convert this to a volume pedal, you want full 270 rotation but the gearing only give you about 180. If you can't find a longer rack, you might be able to find a pot that goes through its full range in 180. They aren't common, but they do exist.

I actually have one of those. 50 ohms, dual-gang, plastic wafers. No clue in hell where it came from.

Anyway, a longer rack isn't going to fit inside the shell. You'll have to get a taller shell (good luck with that) or drill a small hole in the bottom plate and get some taller feet so that it sits very proud off the floor.
could you get a smaller gear for the rack that will cover more degrees around a circle over the length of the the rack? i dont have a wah in front of me to compare against, but that seems like the easiest solution.
The standard dunlop set up is used in most pedals. So finding a longer 1 could be an issue. Color sound used some sort of cam set up to get more rotation with less foot travel. But finding 1 of those pedals isnt easy either. And as stated there is the issue of just not being enough room in most pedals for a longer rack.