Page 1 of 2
First, the article: http://www.examiner.com/x-8310-Trendy-Living-Examiner~y2009m7d6-Volkswagens-600-car-gets-258-mpg

* This is a single seated car

* From conception to production: 3 years and the company is headquartered in Hamburg , Germany ..

* Will be selling for 4000 yuan, equivalent to US$600..

* Gas tank capacity = 1.7 gallons

* Speed = 62 – 74.6 Miles/hour

* Fuel efficiency = 258 miles/gallon

* Travel distance with a full tank = 404 miles

Discuss what you think of it!

and yes i searchbar'd
TABBERS WANTED
If you are interested, and are up to it, please PM me for more info on the song.
Yes, it's just one song in particular, theres no shredding or fast solos.
It is a mellow, instrumental, clean, song.
there is next to no point in that, sure, you can go places, but you can't take anyone, or bring anything back that is sizable, and it only travels between the speeds of 62 and 74.6 m/h.

If i'm reading correctly
i think it looks pretty nice....i'd definitely buy one...
TABBERS WANTED
If you are interested, and are up to it, please PM me for more info on the song.
Yes, it's just one song in particular, theres no shredding or fast solos.
It is a mellow, instrumental, clean, song.
Available in US?
PSN: snakeXdoctor

Quote by OneOfTheseDays
My friends cat smokes, wears a leather jacket and swears at me when i look at it.He is really fat so it makes it even more funny.
Quote by NuSiK
Available in US?

Nope, China.

It could probably be imported, though, but that would cost you.

But Hell, depending on how much it costs it could still pay for itself in gas mileage, provided you're not ran over by a Suburban and killed.
Knowledge speaks, but wisdom listens.

When the power of love overcomes the love of power the world will know peace.

-Jimi Hendrix-

Quote by CodySG
You know you're in the drug thread when you see pictures of squash and "tuna nigga!" when you click the page.
Quote by Telecaster7
there is next to no point in that, sure, you can go places, but you can't take anyone, or bring anything back that is sizable, and it only travels between the speeds of 62 and 74.6 m/h.

If i'm reading correctly

your obviously not gonna take that thing on the interstate or the autobahn, so that speed is more than enough.

Its for commuters to go to work and school everyday and stuff.

EDIT: omg I just realized it would cost less than $10 to fill that thing. Holy ****!
Last edited by Tedward at Jul 6, 2009,
looks like fun. i would buy one if i had nothing else better to do.
Quote by SteveHouse
M. Night Shyamallama

Quote by Iluvpowerchords
Another query:

Can you pick it up and wheel it around like the Peel p50?

That is one sexy motor vehicle.
Quote by GuitarGod_92
That is one sexy motor vehicle.

Indubitably.

The tires look like Toy Monster truck wheels!
i'm a giraffe and i could never fit into one of these >: (

volkswagen will be hearing from my lawyers
Clocks tick. Your days are numbered in low digits.
You look suspicious - suspect niggas is bitches,
Get chopped up, grade-A meat, somethin' delicious
$600? What the feck?

At that price I would NOT feel safe.*It's probably made out of wood and paper.
Get a Carvin. Do it.

"It's from Germany so you know it's good. Those Germans are always making good stuff, you know?"
its awesome! such good gas mileage!

i wouldnt buy one though.

Quote by bendystraw

"It's from Germany so you know it's good. Those Germans are always making good stuff, you know?"

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nMMxIAn_76g&feature=SeriesPlayList&p=0704B55480867B61
There is a war going on for your mind.

If you are thinking, you are winning.

Resistance is victory.

We are building up a new world.
Do not sit idly by.
Last edited by Fenderhippie69 at Jul 6, 2009,
The shamwow guy looks like a rapist.

Also, that is a sweet little machine, but it's for sure a death trap. I'd almost take the chance for the mileage/cheapness...but no, I like life, to a reasonable degree.
Quote by Meths

fret-less is wrong on most of his other points though. And he's an idiot.
Quote by Mr Lincolnlogs
Whos penis is small? fret-less's

FREE COREYSMONSTER! I'm not changing this until you RE-BAN CoreysMonster forever.
(He was mean to me once, and I'm a petty man)
I like the price, $600, but it looks like you could die if a car even touches yours while driving.
Quote by JDawg
It's a death trap. Just like the smart car. If you live in a country that isn't infested with semis it's ok, but no...
If you had read the article you would know that it is actually extremely safe. Same with the SmartCar, actually, rigorous testing has shown them to be safer than most SUVs.
kill all humans
Quote by Childrens_Sweat
I like the price, $600, but it looks like you could die if a car even touches yours while driving.

"Safety was not compromised as the impact and roll-over protection is comparable to the GT racing cars."

╠═══════╬═══════╣

THE ASTRAL PANDA σƒ τλε τρπ βπστλεπλσσδ

╠═══════╬═══════╣

Last.fm
Quote by Childrens_Sweat

If everyone got the car, this wouldn't be a problem
| (• ◡•)| (❍ᴥ❍ʋ
Compared to the mpg my car gets, that thing will pay for itself within weeks.
Hopefully they'll be in the US, but I highly ****ing doubt it.

I mean, we JUST got the Smart car last year I think, and we don't have any other European micro cars.
Voted 3rd Friendliest User of UG 2010

BUILD A TIME MACHINE, AND JERK OFF IN IT, AND SEND IT TO HITLER!

Saxo-Walrus

Steam & PSN ID: Panopticon20
If you have ever seen an F1 car crash you would know this: Size does not mean a car is safe. It is a matter of how it is engineered. At the very least this car is safer, more efficient, cheaper and likely easier to use than a motorcycle.

Besides, SUVs are not the pinnacle of safety. If anything the tall riding position not only increases the chance of a role over but makes a driver feel empowered and more willing to take stupid risks. Staying alert and anticipating other drivers actions is more important than the size of the vehicle; after all, why do think so many people die when driving distracted or inebriated? Having only one person in the damn thing is probably one of the best safety features ever.
I'll buy 10 of them and when one runs out of gas I'll switch to the next one.
We spent a lifetime on the
Beaches of Normandy in vain

Quote by poopsmith666
oooh look at me, i'm clincher, internet tough guy

Quote by theBaartMan
When Nostradamus predicted badassery, he spoke of clincher09.

<//////> ~

UG's NIN fan club
i bet if you drove that thing through the hood, instead of getting car jacked a couple of guys would just pick it up and walk away with it with you in it
BASSLINES TO MAKE YOUR CHEST CAVITY SHUDDER.
Page 1 of 2