Page 1 of 2
I'm only 17 but the thought of having my own place just excites me. I really can't wait to have a home of my own.

I don't think the actual ownership of it will be the awesome part as much as FIXING it to my liking.

For some reason, the idea of taking out paneling and replacing it with something of my choosing and then replacing the carpet and replacing the linoleum and molding and trim and painting the walls and choosing the furniture REALLY peaks my interest.

Pit, am I an interior designer and just don't know it?
Knowledge speaks, but wisdom listens.

When the power of love overcomes the love of power the world will know peace.

-Jimi Hendrix-

Quote by CodySG
You know you're in the drug thread when you see pictures of squash and "tuna nigga!" when you click the page.
ive had my own place for ages.

in fact, if youre 17.. i had my own place before you hit puberty.
Quote by King Twili
It's just me and Doris here ;_;

Quote by Zaphikh
Poops is the chat MC - but here we know him as Early Cuyler.

Free Downloads, Yo!
and you weren't thinking of the potential for copious amounts of liquor?

yeah you are a closet interior designer. and not the kind that designs the interiors of closets.
Go Veg.
I'd never be able to afford a place by myself. I'd be lucky to get an apartment with 3 other people and still make the bill.I'd waste all my money on food and gear and clothes and stuff.
Quote by im not mental
yeah you are a closet interior designer. and not the kind that designs the interiors of closets.

im 21 and i get more anxious to move out everyday

i have my own house but im renting it out. passive income FTW
Emerse your soul in love

You used to be alright What happened?

Yellow tigers crouched in jungles in her Dark Eyes .
I mean, I have an apartment. I can't really...remove paneling, but I don't live with my parents at least.
Gunpowder: FUCKING ROCKS!!!
Quote by The Madcap
[witty set-up]
Gunpowder FUCKING ROCKS!!!!!

Quote by Kensai

Gunpowder you fucking rock!!

Quote by Dirge Humani
Now I can say, with sufficient certainly, that you, Gunpowder...

FUCK ROCKS!
Quote by Twisted Magnum
TS should audition for Queer Eye.

I don't give a damn what PEOPLE look like, I like to design/renovate the interior of buildings. It just fascinates me for some reason.

-Jimi Hendrix-

Quote by CodySG
You know you're in the drug thread when you see pictures of squash and "tuna nigga!" when you click the page.
"I LIKE THE JONAS BROTHERS

I DON'T LIKE OPETH"
haha that is meant for lulz right? right?!? RIGHT?!?!?!?
Quote by crazysam23_Atax
"Trans Princess". You're bitching over nothing, and you know it.
I wish I had my own place. Unfortunately, I can't afford it, plus it would be a **** to shift all my gear to a new place.
Quote by Assid Rane
"I LIKE THE JONAS BROTHERS

I DON'T LIKE OPETH"
haha that is meant for lulz right? right?!? RIGHT?!?!?!?

No, its an honest opinion.
When I get my house, I'm going to finish all the payments before I start renovating.
Nah man. It's a money pit.

Having my own place would require a tougher job and like, responsibilities and stuff.

Here at my parent's I have no living expenses, several friends, and a basement in which I rarely get bothered.

I envy no man.

Plus I would very likely have less privacy if I moved into an apartment with some yahoos.
Last edited by Iluvpowerchords at Jul 6, 2009,
Quote by JacobTheMe
Yes, im 15 and have never had my own room and won't until I move out.

I know how you feel, I'm 15 too.

except I have my own room.... except you can hear everything upstairs from every room so its just like one big room upstairs.
Kinda. I mean my dorm room next year should be good enough, at least compared to living at home.
If you could blow up the world with a flick of a switch,
Would you do it?

If you could make everybody poor just so you could be rich,
Would you do it?

With all your power,
What would you do?
Quote by pdawson
When I get my house, I'm going to finish all the payments before I start renovating.

Well I've been doing some honest thinking about it and I would actually rather buy a sub-livable place at a cheap price and repair it instead of buying an already up-to-date home and having to rip everything out of it.

When I get a home it'll probably be a manufactured double-wide mobile home. They're attractive, affordable, mobile and easily renovated.

-Jimi Hendrix-

Quote by CodySG
meh im 17 havnt really thought about moving out just like living off my parents for now lifes good here
I think it'll be cool when I actually have the money to afford it. I actually helped a friend and his wife move into their new house today. It's a very nice home, can't wait for the future barbecues.
Call me Jack.
All that you love...
...you must love now.
My Gear:
PRS Custom 24
Standard MIM Tele
Larrivée LV-09E
Rivera Clubster 45 112 Combo Tube
Boss ME-20 Multi-effects pedal
Boss OC-3 Super octave pedal
My own home-made octave-up pedal
Quote by JacobTheMe
Yes, im 15 and have never had my own room and won't until I move out.

This.

But when I move out, my house can be as small as hell as long it has one bedroom, a bathroom, kitchen and 1 extra room. I need that room for all of my guitars/gear/recording area that I hope to get at some point.

And the thought of getting away from my family...... I can't wait. My dad want's me to move out now, but I only make 6.35 an hour.
- ---------
-- --------
--- -------
---- ------
----- -----
------ ----
------- ---
-------- --
--------- -
painting my room was quite enjoyable and at the end it was quite satisfying to sit down, relax, play some music and enjoy the new vibe it had.

so i can only imagine the fun of renovating an entire house. plus, there's always the fun in being able to blaze in comfort and security.
Quote by ultimatedaver
We're just trying to help man, cause it doesn't seem like you can get any pizza.
Quote by Highway60Bob
painting my room was quite enjoyable and at the end it was quite satisfying to sit down, relax, play some music and enjoy the new vibe it had.

so i can only imagine the fun of renovating an entire house. plus, there's always the fun in being able to blaze in comfort and security.

Damn right man. I honestly don't think I've ever blazed in complete comfort and security in my life.

I mean, I've blazed at friend's houses but there's ALWAYS the chance of their parents coming home or something.

Sparking up in my own place that I partially built with my own hands would be just...

...ahhhh.

-Jimi Hendrix-

Quote by CodySG
Just sayin', its really fun if you have the money and/or resources, if you don't you will end up like me, I have a beach chair, a tv, my bed, and a nightstand. It's still pretty awesome though.
Si lo ven que viene palo al tiburon
Vamos a darle duro sin vacilacion
Si lo ven que viene palo al Tiburon
En la union esta la fuerza y nuestra salvacion

Not at all. Have you taken into account the role of your parents in your home life? For me at least, my mum takes really good care of me and dad provides financially. I'm only 18 but I think when I have an established career and financial independence is the only time I'll consider moving out.
Quote by El3ment380
Wow does everyone here hate their parents? I'm happy livn at home

I'm happy living in a home, I just live in a family that hit the sweet spot and is poor but not poor enough to get food stamps, and both my parents are working at low-paying jobs. And my dad is a complete ass-hole, and I'm not exaggerating. My Dad: he pretty much hates me and is willing to kill my brother, and I have 0% social life because of him.

BUT, because of him my guitar skills are rocketing, he will not let me leave the house, so 10 hours+ of practice a day! HELL YEAH!
- ---------
-- --------
--- -------
---- ------
----- -----
------ ----
------- ---
-------- --
--------- -
The only time I've blazed in comfort and security was at a friend's house when her parents were gone for a month, and it was the second week. its greaaaaaat.

on topic the rooom we smoked in was purple and had a hendrix poster that filled the entire wall.

so there's also the ability to create an environment that can actually make you feel better by just being there.
Quote by ultimatedaver
We're just trying to help man, cause it doesn't seem like you can get any pizza.
I'm moving out next month actually for the first time. I am very excited about it, I got a nice little apartment across the street from the Uni I will be transferring to.
I'm turning in my application for my first apartment this week. I'm super excited.
Hope I get it..
Quote by JacobTheMe
No, its an honest opinion.

I r disappoint
Quote by crazysam23_Atax
"Trans Princess". You're bitching over nothing, and you know it.
Yeah, somewhat.

If I had the means, I definitely would. I really love my parents, but there are some days they just make me anxious and irritated and I'd like nothing more than my own space. and then of course I'd like to make some of my own decisions concerning the decoration of the place...

but I know that it's simply impossible for me to move out on my own right now. :[
deviantART ||| flickr
┌( ^_^)┘┌( ^_^)┘┌( ^_^)┘┌( ^_^)┘┌( ^_^)┘┌( ^_^)┘┌( ಠ_ಠ┌( ^_^)┘┌( ^_^)┘┌( ^_^)┘┌( ^_^)┘┌( ^_^)┘
last.fm zune
coryklok is my e-hubby! ^_^
rip Billy Mays <3
Yeah I know what you mean. I can't wait to move out, but i'm only 16 so it won't be for a few years yet.
Member of Australia FTW Club !

BASS RIG BUDGET $245 / $4900

Quote by UG
thank you zackR .
I've just spent 3 years away from home, and now I'm back living with the parents for the forseeable future. I wouldn't mind moving out once I have the means to, but I wouldn't move very far- My immediate family are the only family I've ever had in the country. I have relatives in Australia, Scotland, The Netherlands, Zimbabwe... all sorts, and I never get to see them. If I were to marry and have kids, I'd want mini Deliriumbassist to know his/her grandparents.

Plus in the meantime mother can do my washing and I can pop over for dinner and beer.
well im going to university next year so ill be living there if thats the same thing? i get a biggish room with the possibility of an en suit so its all good
xxx

killing is my business... and business is good
It sucks balls. I moved out about two years ago and totally crashed and burned after I got laid off in November. Now I'm stuck going back in a month or so.
Page 1 of 2