So this new company who makes guitar strings who call themselves "Red", have released a new type of string. It has a higher amount of copper in them than any other string, and thus claims to produce the warmest and loudest, as well as most articulate acoustic tone.

Has anyone tried these? While it is not always true, the majority of times I am tried warmer strings and guitars then you lose some of the articulation to the note, but this claims to increase both. They are saying it is the first new material used for a guitar string introduced on the market in 35 years.

I am a big lover of warm and dark tones for my acoustic, so if anyone has any opinions about these strings, I would love to hear about them.
Composer of Scores for Film/Video Games/TV/and More!
Contact me if you have a project that you need music of any style for!
Hmm, this sounds interesting. I've got a feeling that they'll be expensive though with the price of copper these days...I would love to hear a sound clip of these though....if someone here tries these out, PLEASE upload clips!

...are the strings actually red colored? XD
Quote by obeythepenguin
You win this thread. Pipe organs FTW.

Quote by ShadesOfGray
Let's take it one step further and add a slogan:

Big Bach is listening you!
Why not give them a try? The worst that could happen is you find a brand of strings that you don't like.
Quote by necrosis1193
As usual Natrone's mouth spouts general win.

Quote by Silverstein14
man, Natrone you're some kind of ninja I swear

Quote by gregs1020
plexi

i realize the longshot that is. little giant to humongous one.

Rest In Peace Stevie Ray
I've never heard of them until now, and most likely none of the stores in my "local area" (within an hour or so) probably have them, so I'm kinda outta luck, unless I wanted to order them online. Being in the Far east of the US has it's downpoints and this is one of them.
Quote by obeythepenguin

Quote by ShadesOfGray

Dude, I was talking about ReChord! He's the one that seems to be really interested.

Not a big deal though. No worries!
Quote by necrosis1193

Quote by Silverstein14

Quote by gregs1020
plexi

Rest In Peace Stevie Ray
Quote by Natrone
Why not give them a try? The worst that could happen is you find a brand of strings that you don't like.

lol, I will probably buy a set. My local guitar store is a decent distance away, and I only read about it yesterday so I haven't got around to going and buying some yet. I was just wondering if any one else have tried them/heard of them.

I only know about it from an ad in the newest Guitar World (got it last night), and figured other people would be intrigued by the claims it makes.
Composer of Scores for Film/Video Games/TV/and More!
Contact me if you have a project that you need music of any style for!
Last edited by ReChord at Jul 7, 2009,
I'm not sure they would work for me. Copper oxidizes like crazy. With my fingers, I'll probably end up with patina on the outside of the strings.
Equipment:
- Art & Lutherie Cedar CW (SOLD! )
- Martin D-16RGT w/ LR Baggs M1 Active Soundhole Pickup
- Seagull 25th Anniversary Flame Maple w/ LR Baggs Micro EQ

Have an acoustic guitar? Don't let your guitar dry out! Click here.
Cap I would send you money to get a set of those strings and see how quickly they turn green from oxidation
Quote by necrosis1193

Quote by Silverstein14

Quote by gregs1020
plexi

Rest In Peace Stevie Ray
Would go out and buy a set to try (need new strings anyways), but the closest retailer is 1hr + from here. They'll have to get into more stores before I'll be able to get them... (most likely guitar center i guess)

Gear:
Partscaster/Tele into a bunch of pedals, a Maz 18 head, and a Z Best cab.
Quote by Natrone
Cap I would send you money to get a set of those strings and see how quickly they turn green from oxidation

I would like to see pics of the strings once this happens, that would be interesting...I'd imagine that green would be easier to spot than....normal...rust color, I guess you could call it.
Quote by obeythepenguin

Quote by ShadesOfGray