Page 1 of 3
So seeing how there's so many random threads I might as well throw in another one.
So how many push ups can you do with good form?Here's a page on how to do them http://www.wikihow.com/Do-a-Push-Up Go ahead and give it a try guys and girls! I got 26 but that was after i just did a set of 15 :P
Who Said Anything About A Signature ? ಠ_ಠ
Last edited by metallicaboy27 at Jul 6, 2009,
My peek was 60
Quote by SonOfSanguinus
I believe in the "personal opinion" school of thought, I doubt you've heard of it. Now, go waste your time on something that doesn't annoy me

---

Female guitarist
You want to check my profile. Do it.

Flickr
Well I'm not going to lie, I can do around ten.

Running is more of my thing.
Kiss with a fist, lovely heterosexuals.
50 something at least
Quote by Diet_coke_head
Hey! Now you can molest you're grandma and she won't remember! Score!!!

Gear:
Fender Aerodyne Jazz Bass
Fender V Jazz
Ashdown MAG 410
EH Bass Big MUff
MXR Bass Octave Deluxe
Digitech Synth Wah
40-50 in a row. I haven't worked out much since I graduated and stopped taking weight lifting classes. Easiest A I ever got.
I do 50 every morning, but I remember on the state fitness test they stopped me at 100.
KG: Sex is a crutial componet to the Kyle Gass project. Now drop and give me one **** push-up.
JB: What's a **** push-up?
KG: What's a **** push-up. A **** push-up, my friend, is where you lay on your stomach and lift your self off the ground with nothing but your boner.
JB: No problem.
KG: The **** is a muscle, you gotta learn how to flex it. From now on I want you to do one **** push-up a day, everyday.
JB: It hurts my ****.
KG: Keep at it, you never know when you'll need to **** your way out of a tight situation.
Quote by stinger12345
I can do like 20.

...one-handed!!!

Oh, noes.
Kiss with a fist, lovely heterosexuals.
I used to be able to do a hundred and fifty no bother...Now I smoke and don't exercise, and I can probably only do about twenty*. I still have a fantastic figure though, so I don't care.

*I'm not about to go verify that either.
Number 9
Number 9
Number 9
Number 9
Number 9
Around 60
New Setup:
Epiphone Les Paul Custom (Black SG w/ 3 Hum.)
Peavey Classic 50
EHX Metal Muff
Cry Baby 535Q

"I'm the one that's got to die when it's time for me to die, so let me live my life the way I want to"
Jimi Hendrix
Like, 20. My arms are very weak, and my elbows always make this weird clicking sound when I do them, and I'm always reminded of the time in grade 5 when I chipped a tooth while doing pushups.
was just doin pushups before i brought up UG. i did 35. i try to do a few sets of around that many every day
Gear

Guitar:
Squier Strat

Amp:
Fender Roc Pro 1000 Half Stack

Pedals:
Digitech Bad Monkey
Dunlop Original Crybaby Wah
Digitech Cool Cat Chorus
ive been working out with my school's american football team and i can do about 175 normal push-ups.

but we dont do those, we do 5-second hold push-ups.

starting at top of push up. hold.2.3.4.5. down.2.3.4.5 hold.2.3.4.5 up.2.3.4.5 then repeat
Quote by soXlittleXtimeX
^
shanchett, you get an E for Effort

Quote by CodChick

ROFLLOBSTER
Quote by ShaunDiel
ITT: Lies

I was thinking the same thing. Even when I was in great shape I couldn't do 50 push up's in a row and I know I'm eons ahead of plenty of pit monkeys.
There was a point where I could do 40 in a mintute, but if I paced myself, I could do about 60. I screwed up my wrist so I haven't worked out in a while. I'm getting ready to start back, though.
Main Setup:
Charvel So-Cal

Dunlop Volume
Digitech Tuner
Custom Compressor
VFE Blues King
Ibanez TS9 30th Anniv
Boss DD20
Boss NS2
MXR 10 Band EQ
Hardwire Supernatural
Loop-Master 2 Channel Looper

Mesa Single Rec
I hold the record for my club. I can do 57 push-ups in a minute.

As for aggregate, I've never tested how many I can do if I pace myself. I'm guessing quite a few.
Quote by ShaunDiel
ITT: Lies

Seriously, I can do 40ish in a row. After that and I'm sore the rest of the week.
my football coach made me do 100 last year...not fun

edit: only did about 60 then died
XBOX Live GT: a b0wl 0f nails
Last edited by nate_dogg083 at Jul 6, 2009,
Quote by RU Experienced?

I was thinking the same thing. Even when I was in great shape I couldn't do 50 push up's in a row and I know I'm eons ahead of plenty of pit monkeys.

Same. I can get 50 kind of easy now and I'm in fairly decent shape. I work out almost everyday and do cardio and whatnot on off days.

Just seems a bit exaggerated when people say they can do 200 pushups.

Vids plz.
Quote by skaterskagg1
Seriously, I can do 40ish in a row. After that and I'm sore the rest of the week.

That's terrible then.. How much do you weigh?
Last edited by ShaunDiel at Jul 6, 2009,
Quote by RU Experienced?

I weight 125... Its easier for me than others :P
Quote by SonOfSanguinus
I believe in the "personal opinion" school of thought, I doubt you've heard of it. Now, go waste your time on something that doesn't annoy me

---

Female guitarist
You want to check my profile. Do it.

Flickr
I can do as many push-ups as I need to. I do martial arts, so we do a damn lot of push-ups anyways.
I also hold the school record for push-ups in a minute - 73.
Quote by ShaunDiel
Same. I can get 50 kind of easy now and I'm in fairly decent shape. I work out almost everyday and do cardio and whatnot on off days.

Just seems a bit exaggerated when people say they can do 200 pushups.

Yeah, I'm not saying 50 is unheard of or anything of that sort. I've always done more cardio than actual lifting so I'm not surprised at my count but for the average person 50 is probably more than twice what most people can do.
Quote by RU Experienced?
Yeah, I'm not saying 50 is unheard of or anything of that sort. I've always done more cardio than actual lifting so I'm not surprised at my count but for the average person 50 is probably twice what most people can do.

Agreed.

50 one handed
around 90-100 regular, i'm not kidding either.

i'll vid (or gtfo) but that would take some time tho...
Free at last! Free at last! God Almighty FREE AT LAST!
I Pan-Tallica
I can do an infinite amount of push-ups, given no set time limit. so when I die the total amount I have done in my life will be the most I could do. seeing as I have not died yet this means I have no limit on the maximum I could do, therefore the question is pointless
The greatest irony you will face is the fact that we wake up to live in a nightmare
Quote by TOOTH&NAIL
well played sir, well played
If Canadia wasn't a real place then where would Canadians come from?

T_T
I was doing that 100 push up challenge thing and made it to about 80. Then exams rolled around, I got off track and haven't worked out since. So I'd be lucky to struggle my way to 40 now.
One Sexy Canadian Man.

...and single too.
Page 1 of 3