i have been playing electric for a while now and i figured its time i get a good acoustic-electric. i started off on a regular acoustic which i still have but its not too great so my question is if i get this acoustic electric do i have to buy a special kind of amp for acoustics cause i know they sell them or can i use it through my b-52 half stack which i use for my electric
My gear
Epiphone Les Paul Standard
B-52 LS100 Half Stack
Dunlop SW30 Slash Signature Wah
Digitech Hardwire CR-7 Stereo Chorus
Digitech Hardwire DL-8 Delay/Looper
Boss BD-2 Blues Driver
Fender CD220CE Acoustic
You can, but it won't sound as good as it could sound.

Can you just play unplugged acoustic until you have enough money to buy a dedicated (and good) acoustic amp?
yeah i could
My gear
B-52 LS100 Half Stack
Boss BD-2 Blues Driver
Fender CD220CE Acoustic
You could probably get a decent sound out of the b-52 with an acoustic electric. Like GNR said it won't be perfect, but it would certainly hold up for a small gig or band practice. You could probably figure most gigs will have a PA you can plug straight into.
I don't give a shit if you listen to me or not
Quote by Kevin Saale
You could probably get a decent sound out of the b-52 with an acoustic electric. Like GNR said it won't be perfect, but it would certainly hold up for a small gig or band practice. You could probably figure most gigs will have a PA you can plug straight into.

Yeah, or even if you NEED it live, you can buy a cheap little DI box to go through to the PA just to help the quality.
oh i didnt know you could plug it into a PA we have one for band practice that has 4 mic inputs so thats what i would put it into
My gear
B-52 LS100 Half Stack
Boss BD-2 Blues Driver
Fender CD220CE Acoustic
Yeah, as long as it has an onboard preamp you should be able to plug right into the PA
I don't give a shit if you listen to me or not
Quote by DKMfreak410
oh i didnt know you could plug it into a PA we have one for band practice that has 4 mic inputs so thats what i would put it into

Yup!

And like I said, you could buy a DI box or external preamp to help the tone if you need to.
ok thanks a lot guys
My gear
B-52 LS100 Half Stack
Boss BD-2 Blues Driver
Fender CD220CE Acoustic
Advice given here is good. Honestly you don't need an acoustic amp (though they will give you a sound that is truer to the actual sound of the acoustic.)

Now then, find what interests you, and take them all to A&C so we can continue to help point you in the right direction!

(some free advice: avoid Fender, Ibanez, Dean, and Schecter)
Quote by necrosis1193
As usual Natrone's mouth spouts general win.

Quote by Silverstein14
man, Natrone you're some kind of ninja I swear

Quote by gregs1020
plexi

i realize the longshot that is. little giant to humongous one.

Rest In Peace Stevie Ray
Last edited by Natrone at Jul 6, 2009,