searched and came up with nothing. this thread is to discuss rob halfords solo projects along with his two bands he was with during downtime with judas priest, Fight and 2wo

for those of you who are unfamiliar

Halford
http://www.metal-archives.com/band.php?id=98

Fight
http://www.metal-archives.com/band.php?id=425

2wo
http://www.metal-archives.com/band.php?id=4526

ive been on a binge of his solo material for a while now. i love it i think its some of the best most evil sounding thrash/heavy metal ive ever heard and its not generic either. resurrection has to be one of the best thrash songs ive heard, along with made in hell. theyre pretty melodic too. ive been frequenting the live insurrection cd. its ****ing great

one of the reasons i started this thread, i got an email a few months ago telling me that halford was launching his own clothing line, metal god apparel. it said they were taking pre orders so i went to the site to see. the shirts they have are badass and if you preorder one, its 20 dollars off the normal price plus you get the metal god essentials cd and a dvd with alot of bonus material as well. i pre ordered the shirt titled metalhead cuz i thought its a ****ing sick shirt and great deal. anyway the pre sale was supposed to originally end on june 15th and the shirts and such were supposed to be shipped. to my dismay there was a problem with one of the manufacturers and the release date was pushed to july 6th. today i go on the site and again there was problem regarding the manufacturer not getting the right materials in time so the date is pushed back to august 7th at least now. for this they are offering a full refund to those who want it, and to those who keep their order get a blu ray disc of the ressurection world tour rock in rio free for the inconvenience. sweet, but now i gotta wait another month and i dont have a blu ray player. im def gonna wait and not get a refund but damn im kinda pissed at this.

also im trying to spread the word and hopefully get some of you guys to preorder and help halford out. he said if the clothing line takes off enough, theyll expand the line from shirts to pants shoes hats and accessories and such. put in your pre orders!
Gibson SG Special Faded(Super Distortion/PAF Pro)
Carvin V3M
Jet City JCA2112RC
Taylor 114e
Ibanez SR300e

Quote by Delanoir
In 60 years, there will still be Opeth.
You know why?
Death ain't got **** on Mikael.
Last edited by Linqua5150 at Jul 6, 2009,
Been listening to Halford and Fight lately.
Really good stuff.
I have yet to check out 2wo.
Follow the smoke toward the riff filled land
brutal
2wo sucks. Self-indulgent tripe. It's basically Halford trying to be Trent Reznor.

John 5 played on it, before he was John 5.
No gods, no countries, no masters.
More guitar, less Ultimate-Guitar.
Be Serious.
Shorties represent!
Ibanez SZ520/Ibanez ORM-1/Ibanez RG7321/Pocket POD/Crate GX/Boss HM-2
yea im actually not a big fan of 2wo either. only heard a couple songs and didnt like it but idk i might give them a econd chance soon. havent checked out fight too much either but alot more than 2wo. good ****.
Carvin V3M
Jet City JCA2112RC
Taylor 114e
Ibanez SR300e

Quote by Delanoir
You know why?
Quote by SYLrules88
oh cool, i did a search on halford before i made this thread, that one didnt come up.

i really really really want a new halford CD. before nostradamus came out, i read an interview with him in some metal mag, and he had talked about the halford project still having a future. it sure sounds different than any recent judas priest so i thinks he should keep it going! for that matter, angel of retribution is still a badass album. havent even made it through the first nostradamus disk yet though....

i just bought crucible from fye used. great condition. im still waiting on the damn shirt to come, i get metal god essentials AND a blu ray of the ressurection tour with it. cant wait hahah
Carvin V3M
Jet City JCA2112RC
Taylor 114e
Ibanez SR300e

Quote by Delanoir
You know why?
I loved 2wo,wtf?
I think if you guys actually listened to it when it came out,you'd feel differently,Trent has apparently made you think he invented industrial,electronica,and alternative music.
ive got nothing against industrial. i enjoy syl very frequently and my boss told me about ministry recently and theyre good. but idk 2wo doesnt do it for me i guess. at least not near as well as halford or fight
Carvin V3M
Jet City JCA2112RC
Taylor 114e
Ibanez SR300e

Quote by Delanoir
You know why?