Hey. I just recently acquired an ibanez rgr421exfm...for those of you who don't know, (it's a weird name...) it is a mahogany body with a flamed maple top and emg designed pickup. It's a sweet guitar and my stupid ss first act amp is not. I have a choice of a 5150 combo for $538 total or a valveking 112 for $240. Is the valveking worth it? I know the 5150 is a better amp but cash is kind of an issue. What do you guys think?
personally, i'd get the 5150, but if money is an issue, then the ValveKing should be good too. if you get a chance to try them out, then do it and compare them to see which one is better. most people say the 5150 is better, but you may play the Valveking and like it more than the 5150; its your amp, not ours. we may like it, but you might not. so if you get a chance to play each, then do it and compare them.
"If A is a success in life, then A equals x + y + z. Work = x; y = play; and z = keeping your mouth shut."
--Einstein

"Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the the universe."
--Einstein
I play metal like KsE, old Atreyu, All That Remains, and I like their tones a lot. I also play a lot of pink floyd so it needs decent cleans, not amazing, but good.
Quote by zero716
I play metal like KsE, old Atreyu, All That Remains, and I like their tones a lot. I also play a lot of pink floyd so it needs decent cleans, not amazing, but good.

5150 would nail all those dirty tones. Cleans aren't very good, but add some chorus and they'll be fine!
dude get the 5150. Get it while you can. 538$ is a steal. If you play metal, get the 5150 quick.
Guitars
Ibanez Prestige RG1570
Schecter Omen 6
ESP LTD Viper 400
Dean Dime From Hell

Amp
Peavey 5150
5150, easy contest.

Congratz on guitar too, brilliant instrument. The pickups should be Ibanez V8 & V7 tho, not EMG designed (Ibanez V pups are way better), unless you got an older build.
Jackson DK2M
Washburn WD-18SW
Ibanez RGR421EXFM
Genz Benz El Diablo 100w -> Framus Dragon 412
Boss GE-7
Ibanez TS-9
Does the 5150 sound good at bedroom volume? I'm at college and this is a big consideration...
hmmm, it might be a tad loud for a bedroom. I would buy a cheap 5-watt tube amp specifically for practice as well.

-Gibson LP VM
-Silvertone Kentucky Blue
-MXR CC Delay
-Ibanez TS-9
-Egnater Rebel 20

My rig is simple
Haha. UG's Chuck just said chuck. haha
You're not truly playing guitar unless you know theory.