This amp seems to be a little too good to be true. I've watched a lot of videos and plan to go try one out tomorrow but I was wondering what you guys think. I've been kind of playing with the idea of replacing my current rig with just a peavey vypyr tube 100 and a cab and a Sanpera II footswitch because I want something that has a wide variety of tones without having to buy several pedals to achieve a diverse selection of tones. I play a lot of styles of music but I mostly play metal. So the other tones don't need to be phenomenal, just good. So basically, is the peavey tube vypyr capable of doing this?

Also I'm thinking of getting a 7 string soon. Will it sound like **** through the vypyr?
Gear:
Gibson SG w/ Bare Knuckle Aftermaths
Early 90s Fender MIM Telecaster
Squier VM Jaguar
Ibanez RGD7421
Blackstar HT-100
Avatar Vintage w/ 2 Governors and 2 Swamp Thangs
Ibanez EX
Carvin bx500 w/ Peavey 2x10&1x15
The Vypyr head isn't out yet, so no one really knows how it'll sound.

Since you already have a VK112, you'd be better off with an EQ pedal, which vastly improves the gain channel on them.
Quote by DeathByDestroyr
What the hell is a G&L.

Quote by Flux'D
Gay & Lesbian I think, the box smelled funny
Greg what did you send me??
Yea, the sound i get out of my VK right now is alright, I mean it could be better, but its ok. I just would rather get a more versatile amp than try to make my VK better by buying more pedals and such. But I'm not sure yet. I may yet just buy a bad monkey and an EQ pedal. I don't know.
Gear:
Gibson SG w/ Bare Knuckle Aftermaths
Early 90s Fender MIM Telecaster
Squier VM Jaguar
Ibanez RGD7421
Blackstar HT-100
Avatar Vintage w/ 2 Governors and 2 Swamp Thangs
Ibanez EX
Carvin bx500 w/ Peavey 2x10&1x15
Quote by Mitchell?
I don't think the Vypyr would be an upgrade.

More of a sidestep.