looking for custom shops... not signatures but ordering and having it built etc.

anyhoo the list of manufacturers I was thinking about...

Carvin
Washburn
Kramer
ESP...

Im not sure about other companies that would make me a guitar with the shape of Alexi Laiho's.

PS. I play thrash metal and death metal if that means anything

Recommendations please!
Jackson Rhoads
MY GEAR:
PRS SE Custom 24
Jackson DKA7
Gibson Explorer
MESA/Boogie Express 5:25
BOSS GT-100

BOSS TU-2
Dunlop Cry Baby Classic
BOSS NS-2
VOX Joe Satriani Ice 9 OD Pedal
VOX Joe Satriani Time Machine Delay Pedal
Ernie Ball Strings
V Picks
If you wanna do Alexi's i would go with ESP. he uses them so it will be spot on, and they wont screw you.
Obsession! Obsessive! Obsessed! Abscess!
Quote by Dimefan69
If you wanna do Alexi's i would go with ESP. he uses them so it will be spot on, and they wont screw you.

But if you want the original, go with Jackson. Alexi started off with Jackson then switched to ESP
MY GEAR:
PRS SE Custom 24
Jackson DKA7
Gibson Explorer
BOSS GT-100

BOSS TU-2
Dunlop Cry Baby Classic
BOSS NS-2
Ernie Ball Strings
V Picks
Quote by Koshman32
But if you want the original, go with Jackson. Alexi started off with Jackson then switched to ESP

he switched to ESP because jackson takes forever.

so if you like the original it will be a while.
Quote by Dimefan69
he switched to ESP because jackson takes forever.

so if you like the original it will be a while.

I thought it was cause Jackson wouldn't give him as good of a deal as ESP would. (More money and more guitars)

edit: maybe both
MY GEAR:
PRS SE Custom 24
Jackson DKA7
Gibson Explorer
BOSS GT-100

BOSS TU-2
Dunlop Cry Baby Classic
BOSS NS-2
Ernie Ball Strings
V Picks
Last edited by Koshman32 at Jul 6, 2009,
Out of those I think Carvin makes the best guitars... but their V shape is a little different than the Laiho sig I think.
Carvin makes amazing guitars! but i think they only have a larger V, like a gibson in an off shape, never really looked though, i may be wrong.
thanks guys! i usually hear alot of good things from carvin but the shape is a little funky and off, and i dont necessarily want Alexi's custom but the shape, so i think i may be goin with a custom rhoads
Quote by Ddaydevice13
looking for custom shops... not signatures but ordering and having it built etc.

anyhoo the list of manufacturers I was thinking about...

Carvin
Washburn
Kramer
ESP...

Recommendations please!

I am guessing by Kramer you mean a Gary Kramer Custom right? Could be wrong but I didnt think Gibson was doing custom shop Kramer guitars.
ESP. Warmoth is pretty good but you have to assemble the guitar yourself. ESP has got some nice bodies as well.
^ I would definately check them out then. I've heard nothing but good things about them! Next would be ESP though.
so do you already have the $3000-5000 that they are gonna charge for you "custom" guitar?

and i think going with a smaller luthier would be better. more options, better quality, more personal, and waaayyyy cheaper.
The Best Floyd Rose Is A Setup Floyd Rose!

Gear:
STARcaster Strat
Dean Tradition Acoustic
03 B.C. Rich NJ Warlock Speedloader
Xaviere XV-599
Epi 1984 Explorer
Crate GTD65
Epi Valve Jr
Bogner Alchemist Head
Marshall 1960B
Yeah you got a point there. But GKC's are probably around $1500 or so. But if it were me I would definately find a smaller custom builder. Some like SouthEast guitars in Alabama.