Recently I was running an ashdown electric blue 180 head through a 4x10 cabinet, (both of these belong to my buddy, I am just borrowing them.) I bought a pair of cabinets, a gallien kruger backline 4x10 and a backline 1x15 to stack on top of eachother. With everything connected and it going down to 4 ohms it's very... rumbly, almost poppy at times. Band said it sounded good, but I think it sounds a bit off... could the speakers on the cabs be messed up possibly, or is it normal to have an almost distorted bass tone after grabbing another cab and stacking it all up, reducing the ohms?
Schecter C-1 Classic
Marshall JCM900 100w w/1960 cab
Monster Effects: Mastortion user!
It sounds as if you are possible clipping the power amp. Does it do this at lower volumes?

Also, try arranging the cabs differently. unstack them. move them around the room see if you're just getting weird vibrations of stuff. I've had that once. I thought my amp was distorting but there was a piece of metal vibrating against the wall behind it. It really sounded like distortion though.
dean edge one 5 string
Schecter studio-4
Samick fairlane-6
Ibanez sb900
Ibanez btb775
Fender p bass special deluxe

Dean Del Sol
Ibanez prestige rg2610

Peavey TKO 65
Peavey vb-2
Quote by the_perdestrian
listen to revelation, for he is wise in the way of bass-fu
Last edited by Revelation at Jul 7, 2009,
Quote by Revelation
Also, try arranging the cabs differently. unstack them. move them around the room see if you're just getting weird vibrations of stuff. I've had that once. I thought my amp was distorting but there was a piece of metal vibrating against the wall behind it. It really sounded like distortion though.

I had the same problem once as well. Otherwise, I can't help you. Sorry.
also, do the cabs have rubber feet? it's unlikely but maybe they're vibrating against each other? doubtful but maybe.....

btw halakar nice choice on a new bass fund bass. I put up (kinda low quality) clips of that bass on my profile set to flat on my profile if you wanna take a listen. It's the bassline to boys are back in town by thin lizzy since i figured that covered a good area of the fretboard and was fun to play.
dean edge one 5 string
Schecter studio-4
Samick fairlane-6
Ibanez sb900
Ibanez btb775
Fender p bass special deluxe

Dean Del Sol
Ibanez prestige rg2610

Peavey TKO 65
Peavey vb-2
Quote by the_perdestrian
listen to revelation, for he is wise in the way of bass-fu
Last edited by Revelation at Jul 7, 2009,
I will try to move them around. The have plastic boots on the 4x10 that fall into place to sort of loosely lock on the 1x15. The 1x15 has metal casters. They both have very flimsy metal handles as well. I'll pull them out in the middle of the room and do some testing and get back to you guys, thanks
Schecter C-1 Classic
Marshall JCM900 100w w/1960 cab
Monster Effects: Mastortion user!
just a thought but do you have an active bass, you could be overloading the input stage.
Quote by Phil Starr
just a thought but do you have an active bass, you could be overloading the input stage.

That could be an issue, i know ive played some active basses at GC before and it would tell u with a light or something that it was clipping.
Try adding more delay.
Are you saying that you are using two cabs or three cabs?
Quote by guitarhero_764
I think you need to stop caring what people think about it. I stayed home all day today and masturbated like 5 times. Fucking blast.

Ibanez ATK300 ◈ Sansamp VT Bass ◈ EHX Nano Small Stone ◈ Hartke LH500 ◈ Ashdown/Celestion 115