Upon searching numerous sites for an orange pickguard for my Strat, I began to wonder if I could just paint my stock one and save myself some hassle. Has anybody had any luck painting a pickguard, or is it possible? I'm not sure what kind of paint/spray I would use, so any advice would be awesome...

Thanks!
drink some paint then throw up all over it
-1971 Fender Telecaster
-Schecter C-1 Classic
-Agile AL-2000 With Floyd
-Guild D35 NT
-Washburn D10S12
-Epiphone EC-20
-Rogue LX205B
-Vox Satchurator
-Dunlop Crybaby 535Q
-Boss DD-20
-Pre CBS Fender Pro Reverb
-Crate BT25
-Yamaha DGX220
Quote by vivalajosho
drink some paint then throw up all over it
make an unfunny spam post then get reported.

Quote by guitarcam123
there's a tutorial on the first page of the refinishing thread
Yeah. The few painted pickguards i've seen didn't hold up well to a pick, but there is info about painting plastic in the refinishing thread.
Meadows
Quote by Jackal58
I release my inner liberal every morning when I take a shit.
Quote by SK8RDUDE411
I wont be like those jerks who dedicate their beliefs to logic and reaosn.
Quote by SomeoneYouKnew
Yeah. The few painted pickguards i've seen didn't hold up well to a pick, but there is info about painting plastic in the refinishing thread.

I've once played a strat knock-off(I think it was Yamaha or Pacifica), and the pickguard had a whole buch of green marks on it... I don't know if the pickguard was green before, or it was a ****ty pickguard. That's something I'll never figure out...
..I was watching my death.
When I painted the pickguard on my Epiphone Goth Explorer I used Krylon Fusion spray paint for plastic. It's designed to be used on plastic. I applied several coats of paint and then several coats of clear coat after that. I don't remember exactly when I painted it but it's been a long time and it still looks as good as it did the day I painted it.
^that's exactly what I was going to say. By spraying a few layers of clear coat, the paint should be really well protected from scraping off/flaking away. Just make sure that the clear coat you use wont dissolve the base layers by spraying a few test coats on a piece of painted scrap wood.
Yeshh. I spray painted mine red and black.

To make sure the paint stayed on i used this matt varish spray stuff that i knicked from my mates stuff for making warhammer models.

Its been painted about 2years now and has held up fine (: