I'm getting a black pickguard for the Flying V as soon as I sell my '84 Camaro Z28 and it's free of charge to modify the new guard. What I thought about doing is switching around the controls a little. Instead of having to reach around all the knobs, do you think it would be a good idea to put the selector where the knob closest to the headstock is currently at? I would then rotate the controls counter-clockwise about the knob closest to the input

Endorsed by Dean Guitars 07-10
2003 Gibson Flying V w/ Moon Inlay
2006 Fender All-American Partscaster
SVK ELP-C500 Custom

1964 Fender Vibro Champ
1989 Peavey VTM60

[thread="1166208"]Gibsons Historic Designs[/thread]
Last edited by Flux'D at Jul 7, 2009,
i think that'd be unadvisable because you would hit it when you strum.. i know i hit the switch on strats because they're right there.... i think a far switch is a good thing... realistically, how many songs are you going to switch pickups during? probably very few... and in between songs in a setlist.. you ahve time to reach.
My Guitars:
Gibson Les Paul Studio
Epiphone AJ
Ibanez Strat Copy

Amps:
Orange Tiny Terror Head
Old beaten up Peavey cab
Marshall MG30DFX
Actually I switch pickups almost every song I play lol, I like using the neck pickup for lead parts on the Razorback and I will on the V once I swap it out. I can never reach the selector fast enough during a song and it seems the easiest way to make it.. well easier on me haha. Anyone see a better idea for what I'm wanting to do?
Endorsed by Dean Guitars 07-10
2003 Gibson Flying V w/ Moon Inlay
2006 Fender All-American Partscaster
SVK ELP-C500 Custom

1964 Fender Vibro Champ
1989 Peavey VTM60

[thread="1166208"]Gibsons Historic Designs[/thread]