So I just found my old Marshall Micro Stack but the amp is pretty busted up. I have always liked the 2 speakers that came with it so my question is are there any low wattage valve amps that would be compatible with them? I know it's a noob question but when it comes to amps i'm really rather clueless haha

input appreciated thanks

EDIT: would like to keep it under maybe $400 USD
It has crushing overdrive - No head can match the crushing OD required to drive the speakers
The gear:

* Epiphone Les Paul Custom
* Schecter Jeff Loomis Signature 7 String
* Fender Squier P Bass
* Blackstar Stage HT-60
* Original Crybaby
* EHX Small Clone
* Boss DD-3
ahh u serious? that's kind of a downer haha oh well gues i'll get the amp re-potted and hope for the best
Um, no... he's making a joke related to a Zakk Wylde MG endorsement.

One does not repot amps, either, one recaps them...

As for a head, check out the Blackstar HT-5.
Quote by DeathByDestroyr
What the hell is a G&L.

Quote by Flux'D
Gay & Lesbian I think, the box smelled funny
Greg what did you send me??
Quote by Raijouta
Um, no... he's making a joke related to a Zakk Wylde MG endorsement.

One does not repot amps, either, one recaps them...

As for a head, check out the Blackstar HT-5.

Haha that one went completely over my head lol

yeah i've heard a bit about the Blackstar will look into it

for the record I was bit sceptical about not being able to use a different amp haha
Sorry mate - I couldn't resist..

Definately look @ the Blackstar HT-5 - I'm planning to buy one
The gear:

* Fender Squier P Bass
* Blackstar Stage HT-60
* Original Crybaby
* EHX Small Clone
* Boss DD-3
Quote by hendrixftw
Sorry mate - I couldn't resist..

Definately look @ the Blackstar HT-5 - I'm planning to buy one

Yeah i've found an Oz store that sells the HT-5 for $899 AUD which is pretty flippin' good for our prices!

EDIT: to save starting a new thread, what kind of OD pedals would you recommend for a valve amp? I've heard the tube screamer is good but would you run the amp clean and use the pedal or drive the amp and just use the pedal to boost the sound?
Last edited by AxSilentxLine at Jul 7, 2009,
$899AUD? I hope that's for the whole stack and not just the head, you can get the head for ~$500.
Quote by slickerthnsleek
$899AUD? I hope that's for the whole stack and not just the head, you can get the head for ~$500.

Where did you find it for $500?
I got my HT-5 head for $430 used...

Heres the head for $595.00
http://www.theguitarshop.com.au/

Here it is for even cheaper... $569.00
http://www.musoscorner.com.au/site/index.cfm?module=STORETIGERV2&bit=products&product_id=187086&cart_id=5584A6D2-EB62-3009-2D4E9812558B3F39

Look around, you could find even cheaper. They're fantastic amps, well worth the price.

EDIT: Heres another shop that sells them, and im only recommending this shop to you because i dealt with them, and they were fantastic. Bit more expensive, but you could always try it out there and see if you like it, and perhaps buy from somewhere else.
http://www.musicworkshopsydney.com/store/amps/electric-guitar-amps/blackstar-amps/blackstar-ht-5h-head-5watt-all-valvecombo.html
Greco 59-50 Mint Collection - 1982 - Iron Gear Hot Slag/Rolling Mill
Schecter Tempest Classic Goldtop
Ceriatone 18 Watt TMB/EF86 2x12 - Lorantz Greenback's
MI Audio Blues Pro Overdrive

Quote by Danyg
^ this guy defines the term "being right".
Last edited by DiizZ at Jul 7, 2009,
If your in Sydney - Music Workshop Sydney at Gladesville has the mini stack for $999 and the combo for like $650 I think.
The gear:

* Fender Squier P Bass
* Blackstar Stage HT-60
* Original Crybaby
* EHX Small Clone
* Boss DD-3
Quote by hendrixftw
It has crushing overdrive - No head can match the crushing OD required to drive the speakers

The next person to say that should get banned, it isn't even funny. Poor Zakk has never had the money for a decent amp so he has to say good things about the MG so Marshall gives him a free one

Nah, just kidding. He's probably a millionaire by now.