Hey there everybody! it's jom.

Well lately I've been thinking of stepping up my equipment. You see, the time for kidding around is over, I want to get a good amp. my V-ampire 112x no longer satisfies my needs. Sure, it was good while I was starting out, and it still works excellently, but I want a bigger tonal variety, and it's time to step up to the big leagues.

I'm looking for a tube amp.. I don't care about price at the moment, I want to see what the good ol' UG community has to say about what I want and need from my amplifier. I want an amp. that can go from Metallica to Disturbed to kill switch engage to All that remains. I really don't mind if I have to spend a month to find all my own tone.

I was thinking about a Krankenstein+ or a 5150(or a 6505 for some of you out there). I was also looking at a JCM 800 but the videos I've seen show the distortion as very hollow.A good clean channel is necessary, seeing as how I play a couple of different styles.

Thank you for your help guys.
If you succeed, you must fail. Because if you fail, then you couldn't have succeeded!
Look into some mesa's for sure! But it will probibly be best to go to the store and try a variety of amps
"You Laugh at me for Being Different. I laugh at you for all Being the Same."

Girls I want to Intercourse
Jessica Alba
Oprah
Girlicious (each of them)
Betty White
True, but it's always good to have a nice idea of what I'm looking for.
If you succeed, you must fail. Because if you fail, then you couldn't have succeeded!
Well, Killswitch Engage use Splawn Nitros now... but have used a wide variety of amps when touring. Metallica's most famous tones come from a Mesa Mark IIC+ (Master of Puppets) but generally they've also used a wide variety of amps. Not sure about Disturbed or All That Remains.

I'd recommend you look into a Mesa Mark V if you can, or maybe a Stiletto series for the more British-styled tones. A 2-channel Dual Recto should work well too.
Quote by DeathByDestroyr
What the hell is a G&L.

Quote by Flux'D
Gay & Lesbian I think, the box smelled funny
Greg what did you send me??
Sounds good, I'll look into it.

More options are welcome.
Possibly a hughes and kettner tri-amp maybe or a switchblade if you are into great tones
Gear:
Maton MS503
Squier Strat
Randall RG75DG3+
H & K 100W Switchblade
Dunlop Original Crybaby
Digitech Crossroads
Digitech Jamman
Zoom G1

Quote by Sol9989
Caramello wins life.

Quote by A8039077
Caramello, that's mother****ing genius!
great tones? depends on your definition of great
Quote by Jom901
True, but it's always good to have a nice idea of what I'm looking for.

It's actually better if you go in without any preconcieved ideas...you're apt to try more things. The important thing is to ignore labels, features, and whatnot until AFTER you've made a choice with your ears.

I can recall several weekends where I spent 8-10 hours a day hopping from store to store demoing amps just for their sound and not even bothering to look at features. Once I found 4-5 amps that had the sound I wanted I started to whittle the choices down by weighing the various features and such.
hmm... splawn... why haven't I heard of those before?
Because they are 2,000 and up, handwired amps all made by the owner of the company; Scott Splawn. Think Marshall on steroids.
Quote by Cathbard
Quote by Raijouta
Unless its electronic drums.

BURN THE WITCH!!!!!
what is your budget ??
the Baron K88 has a great Lead channel and fender cleans and its only 1400 new.

and also look in my thread for a list that might suit your needs
PSN USERNAME: MetuulGuitarist7
STEAM:MetuulGuitarist7
Origin:MetuulGuitarist7
feel free to add me
Lol that sounds awesome!...

I should probably look some more into those Splawns. Come to think of it, another one of my favorite bands, Five Finger Death Punch, uses Splawn Nitros. well Last I read anyway.

So so far I got a...

Splawn Nitro
Mesa Mark V
H & K Switchblade

More Suggestions are welcome.
Quote by Jom901
Lol that sounds awesome!...

I should probably look some more into those Splawns. Come to think of it, another one of my favorite bands, Five Finger Death Punch, uses Splawn Nitros. well Last I read anyway.

So so far I got a...

Splawn Nitro
Mesa Mark V
H & K Switchblade

More Suggestions are welcome.

gimme a budget and i'll give you 10 suggestions
feel free to add me
Alright then

I'm looking for amps between 500-2,000 dollars. MAYBE 2,500 but that's pretty much the roof on this one.

Thanks for the help "alfred"
Quote by Jom901
Alright then

I'm looking for amps between 500-2,000 dollars. MAYBE 2,500 but that's pretty much the roof on this one.

Thanks for the help "alfred"

wai put quotes on my name

so here are my suggestions
Framus Cobra
Deizel Einstein
Splawn Nitro
Baron K88/MII 100
Cameron CCM-100
Mako MAK 2 Dorado circuit
Mako Custom Hundred
Peters Hydra/Chimera
Mesa/Boogie Mark V
Mesa/Boogie Roadster/Road King
Fractal Audio Axe FX
Randall RM100 w/ Salvation MTS modules

and for cabs
Mills Acoustics.... the best sounding cabs IMO
Vader
Mesa/Boogie Rectifier cabs

and do you have a budget for guitars??
feel free to add me
I'm set for Guitars right now. I have a schecter Omen 6 with some EMGs that I put into it about 3 weeks ago and an ESP LTD F-250 which is also going to get EMGs some time soon. Nice list btw.

And I put your name in quotation marks because I didn't know that was your name
Quote by Jom901
I'm set for Guitars right now. I have a schecter Omen 6 with some EMGs that I put into it about 3 weeks ago and an ESP LTD F-250 which is also going to get EMGs some time soon. Nice list btw.

And I put your name in quotation marks because I didn't know that was your name

i suggest changing your guitars, but thats just me

i suggest selling both of them and buy an LTD 1000 or 400, or an Ibanez RG550 or a used Prestige(3120 etc.)

and also look at the Schecter Hellraisers or a Classic C-1
feel free to add me
Well They've been reliable enough till now and I'm not gonna be replacing them any time soon.

Thanks for the suggestion though