Page 1 of 2
i know there obviously other threads like this but i just wanted to see if any one sets there amp like me....proabably not because im pretty horrible at doing so.
so discuss your settings and what you use them for and what kinda genre you recommend them for...thanks for your input.
I set my Line 6 to max and "play teh br00t4lz"...

But on topic, My mids and my trebles are always higher than my bass. Just the way I prefer it.
Originally Posted by happytimeharry
Your avatar is creepy, yet incredibly hypnotic...

I do what I can

Originally Posted by FiNNi
@AlterEdge: On a side note, I laughed when I noticed pedobear was your avatar

Me too... me too...
Last edited by AlterEdge at Jul 7, 2009,
Bass Mid Treble
5 6-7 7

Classic rock, blues, shred stuff; our bass player is upper mid crazy (a la Geddy Lee), so I fill in the top.
'89 MIJ Fender Strat
Rivera S-120
'60s PEPCO Model 211 5w head
'60s Paul (Pepco) 1x12 tube amp
'60s Harmony H303a 1x10 tube amp
Quote by AlterEdge
I set my Line 6 to max and "play teh br00t4lz"...

But on topic, My mids and my trebles are always higher than my bass. Just the way I prefer it.

nice.
i eq most of my amps like this

treble- 8-10
mids- 2-5
bass- 4
gain-6
reverb= 2-3

its does pretty well for most punk/metal/hardcore with high gain pups
idk...my amp is bass @ 3, mids at 5 and treble@9. (for clean)
but my BBE Distortion pedal (on top of the clean for distortion) is bass @8,mids and treble at 5.
But depends...with my les paul bass@8 and mid at 5 is too much, but with my 72' telecaster deluxe it's just right
I play pop punk,punk rock, alt
1. You're surfing the internet.
2. You're browsing through the UG forums.
3. You're reading now.
5. You didn't notice that there was no #4.
6. You just checked it.
7. Now you're having a lil smile.

Quote by hawk_kst
You Sir, have the best signature like ever!
Quote by cromthereaper
i eq most of my amps like this

treble- 8-10
mids- 2-5
bass- 4
gain-6
reverb= 2-3

its does pretty well for most punk/metal/hardcore with high gain pups

how does this work i always see post ;ike this put i never try it.......gues ill try it tomorrow since its 1 am here.
I get a really good Yngwie tone on a strat with a Peavey Valveking with gain 8, mids 6, bass 7, treble 5, and reverb in the 6-8 area. Now to buy a strat and a Valveking

(^ the end of the world)
Quote by BobDetroit
90% of us scoop the mids. The rest don't. Thread closed.

i actually keep it at half way so.........
Most of these settings are useless unless everyone was using the same amp. Different companies have different voicings and you're not going to get the same sounds if you dial identical eqs into a MG15 and an ENGL etc.

That being said, I use a Laney GH50L with the bass around 6, the treble around 2 and the middle around 4. In the past, I have used more mids but as I have already said, some amps are naturally midsy anyway.
Gear:
Ibanez S470DXQM
Laney GH50L - Laney GS212IE
Boss GE7
MXR Wylde OD
Boss DD2
Boss CE20
Walden G570
i have a behringer v-tone GMX 212. it's pretty b.a.

high - 10, mid - 10, low -7, and my gain cranked to 10.

rig: a silvertone paul stanley sovereign -> behringer UM300 distortion (which i barely use) -> behringer v-tone.

the amp itself is great

fortunately the amp has different settings which allow you to shape your sound even more, so even tho the gain is on max, it's not just a loud white-noise sound. it shapes the sound to model other amps, plus nemurous built in combinations and settings. plus it's LOUD
^ Damn, dude! Your amp sounds awesome, where can I get one of those babies?

╠═══════╬═══════╣

THE SINE WAVE SURFER σƒ τλε τρπ βπστλεπλσσδ

╠═══════╬═══════╣

[quote="'[BurnTheDusk"]']Boss pedals may be built like tanks but I would rather buy a cardboard box that is on my side than pay for a tank that is working against me.
Quote by AEROTROOPER159
proabably not because im pretty horrible at doing so.

Considering most of us have 3 band EQs and maybe a presence knob at most, why do people still find it hard to get a good sound from their amps. Any player that has "trouble" EQ'ing their amp must be pretty stupid in my opinion.

Example: Threads about settings often go like this:

Quote by SOME IDIOT!
how d0 i eQ'd aMp?! it nEvar sound g00d???!

mY settinGz

Treble - 10
Middle - Minus 9,000
Bass - 10
Gain - Over 9,000
WaT I d0 wRonG??!

The answers are obvious and do not require the help of the internet.
Last edited by greggybhoy at Jul 7, 2009,
On my laney,I set it like this:
Bass:10
Mids:6
Treble:6
Presence:1-2
DS-2 Set like this:
Volume: 5
Tone: 4
Gain: 4
Big Muff:
Volume: 6
Tone: 3
Sustain: 4.
Some people might think 'that's gonna sound ****' but gets me a great Kyuss/Fu Manchu tone.
Seagulls,the chicken of the ocean.

Originally posted by Gunpowder:
Everyone just jumps on the bandwagon and gives the same advice in these situations. You know what? I'm going to be different. Call the firemen.
I just got a 10 band EQ today, so I'm still fiddling around with that. I usually keep my bass at 7-10, mid 5-6, treble 7-10, depending on what I'm playing. My gain can go anywhere from 4 to 8.
Quote by greggybhoy

The answers are ovious and do not require the help of the internet.

Step 1 - turn knobs
Step 2 - listen to sound
[Do you like the sound? yes/no]
If "yes" continue playing, if "no" repeat step 1, taking care not to put the knobs in the same place.
Actually called Mark!

Quote by TNfootballfan62
People with a duck for their avatar always give good advice.

...it's a seagull

Quote by Dave_Mc
i wanna see a clip of a recto buying some groceries.

stuffmycatswatchontv.tumblr.com
marshall jcm2000 tsl60

bass: 5 or 6 , so nearly halfway on both clean and distorted channels

mids: maxed out

treble: about 5 or 6 but its around 7 or 8 on the distorted channels because they can be abit muddier

presence: about 6

big muff: Tone in the middle slightly towards the treble side, sustain is set very low because i dont often want everything really really distorted, sustains about 1 or 1.5

volume: 3/4 of the way up
I alternate between

Bass - 7.5
Mids - 8
Treble - 6
Gain - 7

And

Bass - 5.5
Mids - 6.5
Treble - 4.5
Gain - 7
╠═══════╬═══════╣

THE LURKER σƒ τλε τρπ βπστλεπλσσδ

╠═══════╬═══════╣
I have my EQ on my Laney VC30 set at treble 4 mids 7 bass 6 and the bright switch on, which gives the amp a nice balanced output and a reasonably bright tone without jabbing your ears with treble output.

I run the overdrive channel mostly, with gain on 4, to give a light crispy overdrive which reacts to pedals very well indeed.
I like analogue Solid State amps that make no effort to be "tube-like", and I'm proud of it...

...A little too proud, to be honest.
Quote by greggybhoy
Considering most of us have 3 band EQs and maybe a presence knob at most, why do people still find it hard to get a good sound from their amps. Any player that has "trouble" EQ'ing their amp must be pretty stupid in my opinion.

Example: Threads about settings often go like this:

Quote:
Quote by SOME IDIOT!

Originally Posted by SOME IDIOT!
how d0 i eQ'd aMp?! it nEvar sound g00d???!

mY settinGz

Treble - 10
Middle - Minus 9,000
Bass - 10
Gain - Over 9,000
WaT I d0 wRonG??!

The answers are ovious and do not require the help of the internet.

*Angry Vegeta* It's over 9,000!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1111!!1!!1!! *Crushes scouter*

LOL sorry had to do it
Bass: 6
Mids: 8
Treb: 4

But then I have my EQ pedal lower the mids, raise the treble and reduce the volume slightly for my rhythm sound. Kicking the EQ pedal off returns me to the amps EQ and full volume for my lead sound.
404: Sig not found.
At the moment on my Valveking:
Clean channel - Bass - 5 Mid - 7 Treble - 7 and then I use my big muff for distortion, with each knob at 5.
Gain: 12 o'clock
Bass: 1 o'clock
Middle: 12 o'clock
Treble: 1 o'clock
Presence: 8 o'clock, or if we have 2 guitarist on a night, I kick it up to 11 o'clock.

My cab has tons of high mids/treble though so I'll probably end up knocking off some treble/presence for Dirtfest.
Washburn HM Idol w/ SD JB in bridge > Ibanez Weeping Demon > Korg Pitchblack > Digitech Bad Monkey > Boss NS-2 > Boss DD-6 > Egnater Renegade > Splawn 2x12 w/ Weber Sig12Bs

It seems that most people have a set tone but i never really do that though. Sometimes i'll play clean and want a bright, chimey tone reminiscent of a Vox, while other times i'll alter my EQ to to try achieve something in the vein of a Bassman.

I probably spend at least a quarter of my playing time EQing in different tones.
Chelsea FC

Quote by Blues Hippie
As for the swim team member that drowned, it just means the swim team just got a lot better. Same with him too, it's time to move on, the weakest link is gone...
Currently:

Clean Channel: Bass: 3 O'Clock
Treble: 1 O'Clock

Drive: Bass: 1 O'Clock
Treble: 5 O'Clock

The Joys of having no Mid Control aswell, The VR30 seem#s to have the perfect amount of mids on it, Quite high up, but not to high. **** for brootalz anyway .
Quote by ZanasCross
I'm now so drunk that even if my mom had given me a blow job at aeg 2, i'd be like I'm a pmp, butches.!

If this even madkes sense... if yhou sig this, Iw ll kill you.
My setup it ridiculously bright, so I set it Bass-9 Mid-7 Treble-2
And on the seventh day, I said "Go to your room!"

check out my jazz tab and ill gladly do a review of any of your stuff

I play the bass clarinet! How 'bout you? PM me!
Carvin MTS 3200
clean: bass 5, mid 6, treble 7
dirty: bass 6, mid 5, treble 6
mxr kfk 10 band eq in the effects loop that boosts the low mids and cuts the high mids
Member of the Schecter Hellraisers
Gear:
Esp Ltd KH-603, Schecter c-1+ and Epiphone Les Pauls
Carvin amps, Sperzel Trim-Lok, Emg active pickups only, Tonepros bridges.
Last edited by Harvesterofsrrw at Jul 7, 2009,
On a bugera 6262 combo:
Bass-4
Mid-7
Treble-7
Presence-5

MXR 10 band eq infront of the amp with descending on the left, mids in the middle, and descending on the right
Gear:

Jackson Mark Morton Dominion
Mesa Dual Rect 2 Channel
Marshall JCM900 1960 cab
It varies for me but usually I have the bass lowest at around 2-5 followed by the mids at 4-6 and then the treble is usually around 6-9.
Quote by TOMMYB22

I probably spend at least a quarter of my playing time EQing in different tones.

With that amp? No sh*t, Sherlock!

Quote by steven seagull
Step 1 - turn knobs
Step 2 - listen to sound
[Do you like the sound? yes/no]
If "yes" continue playing, if "no" repeat step 1, taking care not to put the knobs in the same place.

+1,000,000

Like I said, finding pleasing settings does not require the combined wisdom of the internets...
Quote by Avedas
I just got a 10 band EQ today, so I'm still fiddling around with that. I usually keep my bass at 7-10, mid 5-6, treble 7-10, depending on what I'm playing. My gain can go anywhere from 4 to 8.

Sorry for thread-crashing, but find much difference after getting a 10-band? Or overkill? I'm interested, especially since you can get a 2-channel 30-band for €150 - not bad in my opinion.
Page 1 of 2