Page 1 of 2
wassup.

i seem to be hearing this used a lot more these days. I even use it occasionally to describe basically something that 'sucks'. I don't have anything against Jews, even though i've found a few to be really rude (probably because they get constantly insulted for no reason where i go to school/live)

anyways, whats peoples opinion on the relevance and level and inappropriateness of this insult.
meh, it's kinda like calling someone "french".

in germany, when something seems suspicious, we say it seems "spanish", so it's not just the jewish that are used for insults. it's just been popularised by south park, IMO
Quote by Glen'sHeroicAct
wait, so they say "that's so jewish"? or do they use it as a slur, like "what a jew"?

both of those cases used
I don't like it very much. I feel it's bad to use any race as an insult, but using Jews seems even worse.
XIAOXI
Being Jewish, I honestly dgaf. Sometimes my friends tease me using that stuff, but people who say "Don't be a jew" or "That's so Jewish" are usually ignorant little pricks who I end up not liking because of their trend-following, brainless attitude.

I still maintain my tolerance and patience policy around them, however.
*A list of all my gear*

Varg/J Mascis/GG Allin are all the same person.

There are two types of people in this world: people who like Bolt Thrower, and people who suck.

Death by diamonds and pearls.
no one says "thats so jewish" here. They do say "what a jew", but only if your greedy...makes sense...
>>-(ಠ_ಠ-<<
>>-(. Y .)-<<
>>> . (<<<
>>-( Y )-<<
Quote by dudetheman
Dude, your fucking sig creeps me out.

Quote by Kosh H
I just noticed his sig too...I feel uncomfortable now...

Quote by WantsLesPaul
Your sig killed my boner _

DIY SO-CAL PUNK LABEL
This thread is jewish
"You Laugh at me for Being Different. I laugh at you for all Being the Same."

Girls I want to Intercourse
Jessica Alba
Oprah
Girlicious (each of them)
Betty White
Quote by Abunai X
I don't like it very much. I feel it's bad to use any race as an insult, but using Jews seems even worse.

jewish is not a race.
Quote by camhussynec
This thread is jewish

UR SO MATUER LOL
*A list of all my gear*

There are two types of people in this world: people who like Bolt Thrower, and people who suck.

Quote by AEROTROOPER159
jewish is not a race.

o rly??

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jewish - the Race

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Judaism - the Religious belief
Quote by xMetalGodx
I'm not quite sure if you were trying to be funny or if you have a learning disability, either way, I was not amused.

He is not amused.
Quote by abdulalhazred
you are the best 09er EVER! i am sending you a friend request as soon as i send this

Quote by AEROTROOPER159
jewish is not a race.

Weeeeeeeeeeellllllllllllllllllll.... depends on who you're talking to. There are new branches of racial science which suggest that Jews are more closely related to each other than neighbouring non-Jewish communities, and some scholars would see that as "race."
tbh, us "j00z" are used to it. We've been through so much bull**** throughout all history that we just enter dgaf mode.
*A list of all my gear*

ive been wondering whether or not "jew" is socially acceptable
like you would call people who follow christianity "christians"
would you call people who follow judaism "jews," or would that be offensive?
if it is, what would you call them instead? (besides "jewish people")
Quote by sporkman7

i think jews is acceptable, most of my teachers say jews and our school is pretty damn anti-racist, anti-offensive and all that
I do it, but I'm the only one I know who actually does it.

I didn't think were people like me out there.
Some people like cupcakes exclusively, while myself, I say there is naught nor ought there be nothing so exalted on the face of God's grey Earth as that prince of foods:

the muffin!
Quote by sporkman7

Well, I watch the History channel (inb4 lolhistorychannel), and alot of the scholars and researchers use the term "Jews" to refer to the Jewish people. My spellchecker doesn't even have Jews underlined.
*A list of all my gear*

Of course calling a Jew a Jew is fine. I'm Jewish, it's what we are, Jews. People just use it as an insult so much people think using it the correct way is insulting.
Feed your mind.
Quote by ConeShred
Being Jewish, I honestly dgaf. Sometimes my friends tease me using that stuff, but people who say "Don't be a jew" or "That's so Jewish" are usually ignorant little pricks who I end up not liking because of their trend-following, brainless attitude.

I still maintain my tolerance and patience policy around them, however.

Most of this. I am not Jewish though. I bet you if you ask any kid who says that, he will not know hardly anything about the Jewish faith. A kid called me a Jew once. I asked him what it meant. He guessed an animal. He was in 8th grade. It is a stupid thing to say. It was funny for what, the first time on South Park? Then it got old, and braindead kids started following South Park. God I hate those kinds of kids.
I love Foxy Shazam more than you.

▲ ▲

Quote by OzarkMDaredevil
Most of this. I am not Jewish though. I bet you if you ask any kid who says that, he will not know hardly anything about the Jewish faith. A kid called me a Jew once. I asked him what it meant. He guessed an animal. He was in 8th grade. It is a stupid thing to say. It was funny for what, the first time on South Park? Then it got old, and braindead kids started following South Park. God I hate those kinds of kids.

Too bad talking about **** that you don't know about is extremely ****ing common these days. Also, I am listening to "Heart Cooks Brain" while I type this.
*A list of all my gear*

Quote by sum_41_1942
i think jews is acceptable, most of my teachers say jews and our school is pretty damn anti-racist, anti-offensive and all that

Anti-racist yet everyone including the teachers go around using a word that is used as a racist insult?
No, I don't call people Jews.

I see nothing wrong in them, even though some orthodox jews have weird traditions.

I guess the insult was glorified by South Park.
DeVillains!
Quote by goodlifebadlife
Anti-racist yet everyone including the teachers go around using a word that is used as a racist insult?

We already established the fact that the term "Jew" ISN'T an insult. Hell even if it was an insult it wouldn't be a racist insult.
*A list of all my gear*

I think that this whole Jew thing started with SP and Borat tbh. I personally think that most races have it bad.
Quote by BrockTandem
The Jews would be alright if they got the **** out of Palestine.

Your face would be alright if they got the **** out of Africa!

EDIT:
Quote by AEROTROOPER159
jewish is not a race.

Yes it is. Judaism is a religion, Jews are a race. I should know, I'm one.
Edit: To Brock, the whole reason this war started is because the Jews moved out and the Hamas fired rockets at Israel.
Last edited by jimmyled at Jul 7, 2009,
Stop being so rape about things as Kensai used to say.
sometimes I see us in a cymbal splash or in the sound of a car crash
I've always thought of it as 'Judaism' is a religion, 'Jews' are an ethnoreligious group. (because a person of any race can convert to Judaism) and 'Semitic' is a race of people who are often followers of Judaism.
Quote by OzarkMDaredevil

don't come to my area then, every kid uses the "Jew" insult and when I ask them where they heard it, the same answer every single time is south park. I hate south park
Quote by SlackerBabbath
I've always thought of it as 'Judaism' is a religion, 'Jews' are an ethnoreligious group. (because a person of any race can convert to Judaism) and 'Semitic' is a race of people who are often followers of Judaism.

Actually most Semites are Muslim, as Arabs are Semites.
Page 1 of 2