This has never happened before, but when ever I play the first 7 frets of my high E string it just makes a really ugly sound and doesn't play the tone I want it to. Can some one tell me wtf is going on!
:Gear:
Fender Telecaster blackout Deluxev
Epiphone G-400
Ibanez Ar300 (currently not working)
Vox AD65VT
Roland Cube 30
Ask in the ultimate set-up thread.Sounds to me like you have a too low action.
Seagulls,the chicken of the ocean.

Originally posted by Gunpowder:
Everyone just jumps on the bandwagon and gives the same advice in these situations. You know what? I'm going to be different. Call the firemen.
You propably have to adjust the action on your guitar, if you're not sure how to do that, take it to a guitar tech.
Guitars

- Epiphone Les Paul Standard Ebony Finish
- Hohner Hc-06 Classical guitar

Amplifiers

-Roland Cube 30x
Effects
- Vox Wah-wah
Well the first thing I did was change the strings because at first it was only the 2nd fret but now its the first 7
:Gear:
Fender Telecaster blackout Deluxev
Epiphone G-400
Ibanez Ar300 (currently not working)
Vox AD65VT
Roland Cube 30
Quote by daisuke711
Well the first thing I did was change the strings because at first it was only the 2nd fret but now its the first 7

I'd figure the neck it too straight, loosening the truss rod a bit should help.

|_|0|_|
|_|_|0|
|0|0|0|
▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄
check the height of the saddle of the string in question. if it's only the high e that's buzzing, that could be your problem. Another thing to check is the neck bend/dive. if it's messed up, get a pro to adjust this for you, because doing this wrong can snap your neck.
Is it on every string? The string might be buggered, it goes out of pitch in a few positions, especially from about 7th-14th frets, I can never understand how it's out of pitch there but not higher and not lower if it's on every string though you've got a problem. Check it all closely, is anything crooked, roughed up, worn out, the fret might've been knocked?
Either your inotation is off or you have fret buzz.

Loosen the truss rod VERY little, if that does nothing, try to fix the saddle.
FIGHT MY BRUTE!
Quote by Tackleberry
Only time Ive seen a true single coil in a chrome humbucker housing was chinese knock off where they claimed it was a humbucker but half the housing was empty.
Learn how to set up your guitar. Every guitarist should know this, It isn't hard and it saves time and money. If you want a book about it check out Dan Erlewine's books, He has one on guitar repair too if you want to get into that.
Always tin your strings.

_____

Don't be afraid to be honest.
could it possibly be out of tune? that should be the first option you look for

otherwise it's probably the action
i don't recommend making any major adjustments such as adjusting the truss rod. if you don't know exactly what you are doing, you could really mess up your guitar. try adjusting the action and changing strings and if it still persists and is a really big annoyance to you, think about bringing it to some sort of guitar shop and have them look at it. just know that doing that is really expensive and might not be worth it.