Well i have a jackson dx10d x series.
peavey vypyr 15w.
and a boss os-2 pedal.
how would you st up the gear???
would you use the pedal???
how would eq the amp and pedal???
for a solo tone and and a thick rhythm sound something heavy..,
i know this is a tough question but for those of you with serious answers thanks you in advance.
You just have to experiment and learn to use your ears - nobody else here is going to know what your stuff sounds like.

Don't use the OS2 though, that's not going to work well in conjunction with your amp models and it's a pretty cruddy pedal anyway...just use the amps distortion.
Actually called Mark!

Quote by TNfootballfan62
People with a duck for their avatar always give good advice.

...it's a seagull

Quote by Dave_Mc
i wanna see a clip of a recto buying some groceries.

stuffmycatswatchontv.tumblr.com
yeah i know when your neark the amp the pedal makes me wanna kill myself for buying it.....but if i stand up and back away the thing sounds AMAZING!!! whats up with that?
Acoustics...

╠═══════╬═══════╣

THE SINE WAVE SURFER σƒ τλε τρπ βπστλεπλσσδ

╠═══════╬═══════╣

[quote="'[BurnTheDusk"]']Boss pedals may be built like tanks but I would rather buy a cardboard box that is on my side than pay for a tank that is working against me.

╠═══════╬═══════╣

THE SINE WAVE SURFER σƒ τλε τρπ βπστλεπλσσδ

╠═══════╬═══════╣

[quote="'[BurnTheDusk"]']Boss pedals may be built like tanks but I would rather buy a cardboard box that is on my side than pay for a tank that is working against me.
Quote by AEROTROOPER159

how would you st up the gear???
would you use the pedal???
how would eq the amp and pedal???
for a solo tone and and a thick rhythm sound something heavy..,
i know this is a tough question but for those of you with serious answers thanks you in advance.

well i would just ditch the pedal or use to boost volume for solos. i had that pedal when i was a n00b and knew nothing. it sounds really bad. i havent used the pedal in ages but try these settings: (all settings in o'clock)
volume: 5
tone: 10.30
gain: 7
character thingy: 9

i havent actually heard a peavey vyper before but based on my experience from other modelling amps i know that it shouldnt need too much eqing since a lot of that comes from the model you have selected. i would reccomend keeping thinks around (but not at) 12 o'clock given that you have selected a model that works for you.

as for the guitar, bridge pickup tends to work best for rhythm while neck pickup is often (but not always) better for solos. i would also reccomend using anything but the bridge pickup on cleans.