Page 1 of 2
I know what you're thinking... "EJD, you're fifteen. You're slap bang in the middle of your teen years. Surely you could answer this yourself?"

But, truth is, I can't... why ARE teenagers so damn sulky? I mean, I'm a pretty respectable, funny chap... all my friends say I'm a good laugh, and a cool guy in general...

But when the parents have people over - like, friends and stuff - I just want to stay out of their way, and if they speak to me I just ignore them. I have no idea why. Before my teens, I was pretty polite, if I may say so myself. I had no problem talking to parents' friends.

But now, I just sulk and skulk along through the kitchen, hair over face, looking at the ground, ignoring everyone, just like your average teenager. Which I am, I guess. Except I can spell properly, which is a damn sight more than other kids my age around here can do... "omfg i wunt 2 et sum delishus cake lol roflmao brb"

So, why have I changed? How come I just ignore and sulk away? Why are teenagers so f*cking sulky?
Why not?
Quote by frankv
Tokio Hotel is probably the worst thing Germany has produced since WW2.

Quote by Ichikurosaki
sloth is hacking away feebly at the grass because he is a sloth but he was trying so hard ;_; hes all "penguin im HERE i am here to help you penguin"
Cause were deep and there is no way adults could understand what were going through. Seriously though just be polite dude not that hard.
lyk i dunno lol

In all seriousness, all teenagers are like that and I have no idea why.
Quote by Carmel
You are a redeeming feature for the UG Swedish population.

All-riiight.
it's the hormones, dude. you're going through a lot of changes, both mentally and physically, and that really takes its toll. you'll be out of it soon enough, dont worry
I behave sort of the same way. It's cause socializing with your parents' friends isn't cool. Your parents' friends doesn't = your friends.
*A list of all my gear*

Varg/J Mascis/GG Allin are all the same person.

There are two types of people in this world: people who like Bolt Thrower, and people who suck.

Death by diamonds and pearls.
Probably because they have just realized that they can't get away with being childish anymore and have to take some responsibility. Realizing that your childhood is over is not fun.
The very existence of flamethrowers proves that some time, somewhere, someone said to themselves, "You know, I want to set those people over there on fire, but I'm just not close enough to get the job done.

-George Carlin
Quote by GLP_Arclite
Pooping is well good though, to be fair.

I've got a handle on the fiction.

I'm losing my grip, 'cos I'm losing my fingers.
^

OnTopic: I've got two words for you: hormonal rebellion. You'll have to get used to it.

S t a i r s s r i a t S

hormones man,

best to focus your hormones to the hyde side of things,

k,

cool.
Quote by soXlittleXtimeX
^
shanchett, you get an E for Effort

Quote by CodChick

ROFLLOBSTER
Quote by travs2448
is the puppy solid state or tube?

Quote by diceksox1809
solid state. when she screams it pisses me off

^

Quote by GrizzlyFnAdams6
Dimebag had s*** tone and that guitar plays like an abortion. Come at me, bro!

Quote by jpatan
It's because Garth Brooks brings the ****in' br00tz.
you don't seem like a very nice teenager.. :P
Last time someone came to my house and did that my Mum thought they were on drugs :P
I had to convince her they were just very very shy.
She still thinks they're on drugs and doesn't like me going out with them.
I think it's just hormones and the fact that many teens feel hard done by. I mean, a lot of us are told to act like adults but still get treated like children. Perhaps the negative behaviour is a response to this new pressure and responsibilty.

I was reading a letter from an old man in the paper the other day. He said that we shoudl do away with "teenagers" altogether. He said in the old days, there were children and there were adults. When they acted like adults, they started being regarded like one. He said that the introduction of a special name for our age group ("teenagers") has given us an excuse to act precious and selfish.
XIAOXI
Last edited by Abunai X at Jul 7, 2009,
i blame drugs....

just kidding
Member Of The Australia FTW! Club. PM Alter-Bridge or The_Random_Hero to join. Australians only.

I Play the Bagpipes.

they actually are a pleasant instrument.
cause you dont want te be around what you know you are going to become. to be honest most adults act more pathetic.
✠ ☠ ✠
RIP Ronnie James Dio

Fendi Shoes is actually extremely advantageous.
But now, I just sulk and skulk along through the kitchen, hair over face, looking at the ground, ignoring everyone, just like your average teenager. Which I am, I guess. Except I can spell properly, which is a damn sight more than other kids my age around here can do... "omfg i wunt 2 et sum delishus cake lol roflmao brb"

I'm fifteen, and I can spell just as well as you, so I would like to ask you to stop making generalizations based on stereotypes. Some of us actually pay attention in school, and are not associated with the sub-cultures of chav and emo which are often regarded as illiterate to a degree.
Quote by sirrjj
cause you dont want te be around what you know you are going to become. to be honest most adults act more pathetic.

This is very true.

When I look at my parents I shudder sometimes.

I know how cold that sounds, but it's true.
Look dude, everyone goes through a stage of being pissed at the world and just being a miserable little bastard in general, but you should at least be polite, otherwise people will think you are arrogant as well.

I am on my last year of my teens and i wasn't really sulky at all until about 17ish, thats when the drama started and i went a little funny, i have changed in the way that i have become more cynical, but i came out the other side as a decent person all the same, and i am always polite to people, maybe even too polite.
WHOMP

Think of that next time you are not allowed to laugh.
Hormones, that's your problem.
Some get more affected by it than others.
Imagine how Bill Cosby was in his sulky years...
Quote by Demon Wolf

This.

Teenagers are sulky because they want jockeys to ride them.

Using this knowledge I had deduced that TS wants to be ridden by a jockey.
MaKing thE possiBlE...
...totaLlY impossible
Quote by JAMSRS
Quote by EJD

I'm fifteen, and I can spell just as well as you, so I would like to ask you to stop making generalizations based on stereotypes. Some of us actually pay attention in school, and are not associated with the sub-cultures of chav and emo which are often regarded as illiterate to a degree.

your quote is fail,
Member Of The Australia FTW! Club. PM Alter-Bridge or The_Random_Hero to join. Australians only.

I Play the Bagpipes.

they actually are a pleasant instrument.
Last edited by wellsy411 at Jul 7, 2009,
Hormones, and I doubt you're that funny anyway.
Quote by DrewsGotTheLife
yea man, who ever doesnt like pantera or think they suck doesnt like metal, end of discussion, they changed the freakin world n made history, so don't be sayin they suck, have respect, same goes for machine head n lamb of god cuz their good too
Raging hormones.

/Thread.

Also, its a common misconception that all teenagers are sulky. Everyone I know is perfectly happy. Just because you're a sulky motherfucker, it doesn't give you the right to tar everyone else with that brush too.
Quote by imdeth
This man deserves my +1

+1

Quote by denizenz
Go in peace my son, and teach to the pit dwellers what I have shown unto you.

ಠ_ಠ

XBL: huffy409
Last edited by [x]Huffy[x] at Jul 7, 2009,
Hormones as been said a million times but it's true.

And no matter how much you think "Pfft my life ain't bad at all, and I'm actually fine with [so and so]" you're still going to be a whiney miserable ****, science says so unfortunately :-/
That chemical that makes you happy (serotonin is it?) yeah, all your hormones mess that up so you don't produce as much. So you actually have real grounds for being depressed, it's just nobody else thinks so because your parents cook you meals and drive you to your emo shows and whatnot.

Everybody gets over it.
Quote by EJD
But now, I just sulk and skulk along through the kitchen, hair over face, looking at the ground, ignoring everyone, just like your average emo .

Fixed.
Current gear:
Carvin CT6M
TC Electronics Dark Matter distortion
Harley Benton 2x12, with Celestion V30s
Laney Ironheart 60w tube amp
Page 1 of 2