i have a les paul epi gold top guitar, i want a whammy/tremolo arm but i dont know much about them.
i know the stetsbar is easier to mount with out any modification to the guitar (it replaces the bridge i think) and the bigsby needs to be fixed to the guitar by modification, drilling etc.
i'd like to know which one is most popular or the better one which ppl think and are there others or are these two the main ones,

thanks
Well, Bigsby is popular atleast :P

But I haven't tried any of those so :-/
Quote by TheChaz
I ran over two squirrels at once one time. They were chasing after each other in the street, and I swerved to avoid them, but ended up with one under each tire. Still my greatest driving accomplishment to date.

Quote by WantsLesPaul
Hitler could have been aborted
a bigsby is going to be the easyiest to install and is going to damage your les paul less plus they actually look cool on les pauls
Quote by GS LEAD 5
Le Paul with tremolo? You're retarded.

There's nothing wrong with a Les Paul with a tremolo.

Anyway, personally I would opt for a Bigsby, and get it fitted properly. You could always fit it yourself, but it depends whether you're confident enough in your ability to do it.
Quote by XxLloydxX
How young would you consider no-pedo attempt
Last edited by monkey_dancer at Jul 7, 2009,
Quote by monkey_dancer

There's nothing wrong with a Les Paul with a tremolo.

Anyway, personally I would opt for a Bigsby, and get it fitted properly. You could always fit it yourself, but it depends whether you're confident enough in your ability to do it.

It will neither sound nor look like a Les Paul after the slaughter.....

Get an experienced luthier to do it, you sound like you will **** up the whole thing if you do it yourself.
thanks for the advice, iam gonna leave it for now, i was also looking at this thread https://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/showthread.php?t=827503&page=1&pp=20, and i am not sure if i really need it, i may just opt for a trem pedal, know its not as good but i dont wanna really try insatlling it myself with my lack of experience nor do i wanna take it to a guitar store,

thanks for your help
Quote by GS LEAD 5
It will neither sound nor look like a Les Paul after the slaughter.....

Get an experienced luthier to do it, you sound like you will **** up the whole thing if you do it yourself.

The whole point of modding a guitar is to change it...

But yeah, I agree about not doing it yourself, TS.

Quote by skilly1
thanks for the advice, iam gonna leave it for now, i was also looking at this thread https://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/showthread.php?t=827503&page=1&pp=20, and i am not sure if i really need it, i may just opt for a trem pedal, know its not as good but i dont wanna really try insatlling it myself with my lack of experience nor do i wanna take it to a guitar store,

thanks for your help

Fair enough. It's best to think it through properly rather than just going for it and regretting it later.
Quote by XxLloydxX
How young would you consider no-pedo attempt